Knicks Might Be Part of Kidd Deal
Author Thread
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
9/16/2004  12:42 PM
"This trade Sucks! And is similiar to Isiah almost dealing for Malik Rose."

LOL Really??? This trade sucks? Has it been made already and I'm in the dark? Has this come from anyone in the Knicks organization? Also, you say this reminds you of the Malik Rose deal. I didn't know Malik Rose was a Knick.

And as far as Isiah not thinking with his head, since when did you get a free ticket to go into the guys thought process?

Now that was a funny post. Truely spoken by someone who totally buys into media SPECULATION.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/16/2004  12:55 PM
Anyone get the feeling Zeke might try to turn Wally and Jamal into Vince Carter?
¿ △ ?
bernard
Member: #475
9/16/2004  1:05 PM
This would be an excellent deal, IMO. You get Wally, who gives you flexibility in moving TT or could be u sed himself in a trade, and you also get a solid 4/5 who's proven effective playing 10 - 25 mins a game. Everyone keeps calling for KT to bench. I'm not sure how well he'd play off teh bench. We know what we'd get w/ ATRain, and we'd open room for Sweets to start.

I don't believe, however, that TT can play power forward. He's SF through and through.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/16/2004  1:05 PM
Posted by MS:

NO D: Houston, Wally, they have been first team their entire career, Crawford, TT

Some D: Stef, Penny, Naz

This deal needs to die

If you look at it from the talent/player standpoint its not too bad.

Williams and KT play about the same D...with Williams a bit better suited for defending the center position. Wally vs. Moochie? Moochie is not going to play much D from the bench. If Isiah's desire is to have Sweetney jump head first into the PF position the trade makes alot of sense. Who cares if we are stacked at the SG/SF position. Our desireable assets and flexablility just increased.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/16/2004  1:15 PM
I'm afraid Baker would start at PF. Bottom line is Sweetney has to play great in preseason and early on
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
9/16/2004  1:16 PM
i kind of like what the rotation would be. we would be deep through out.

PG-Marbs/Crawford/Brewer or Penny
SG-Houston/Wally or Craw/Crawford or Wally
SF-TT/Wally/Penny or Ariza
PF-Sweetney/JYD/A.Williams
C-Baker/Nazr/A.Williams

This would also allow a player or two to be injured, while still having capable players to fill in. i'd do it, especially if it meant ridding ourselves or either shandon or moochie.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/16/2004  1:25 PM
Posted by jaydh:

This would also allow a player or two to be injured, while still having capable players to fill in. i'd do it, especially if it meant ridding ourselves or either shandon or moochie.

Yes that is very important because you know our luck. Last year the Nets took out TT and we were screwed becaused houston was injured
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
9/16/2004  1:34 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I like Aaron Williams, but we got JYD? I like Wally, but we its another small shooting body.

Perhaps the success of micro fracture surgery is when you give lots of time to heal. And maybe we are planning to shelve Allan for a while?

Maybe we are aquiring pieces to get Stro Swift in a sign and trade?

I a with no clue, but the winds of trade are stirring and it seems like there are more pieces involved. Sam Back to the Nets? I feel for the dude. Loving the Alien!

nalod, you beat me to it man.. I was thinking of parlaying
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/16/2004  1:57 PM
Parlay.

The vince thing was interesting also.

Isiah is taking on more, but while they are more expensive, they are movable.

FunnyVince is making noise today, and there are rumors about pending trades. Consipiricy?

Vince in NY, he fits the bill: misunderstood and Overpaid wit an ego. And Something to prove! Bring in Vince, sure why not.

If nets want to rebuild, thats cool too. I can follow the Net Pet Project of blow and rebuild while my knicks are pulling a stienbrenner. We need to reduce our roster by a few players also.

post labor day, I guess the GMs are back form vacation.

BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
9/16/2004  2:03 PM
From Knicks.RealGM.Com:

"Knicks Angling for Wally World

With talks of the Minnesota T'Wolves trying to acquire Jason Kidd via trade, the Knicks have jumped right in the middle and now hope to swing a 3-way deal. The major players movin in the trade, as reported by the Journal News, are Jason Kidd to the Minnesota Timberwolves, Sam Cassel to the New Jersey Nets, and Wally Szczerbiak to the Knicks.

Broken down, here's what the deal looks like for each team:
Minnesota Loses: Wally Szczerbiak (5 yrs., $55 million), Sam Cassel (2 yrs., $11.75 million), and Ervin Johnson (1 yr., $4.99 million)
Minnesota Receives: Jason Kidd (5 yrs., $90.42 million), Shandon Anderson (3 yrs., $23.7 million)
Why They Do The Trade: The T'Wolves management is under the impression that adding Jason Kidd to their team makes them a legitimate contender. They get rid of Szczerbiak's bad contract but have to make do with Shandon Anderson for the next few years.

New Jersey Loses: Jason Kidd (5 yrs., $90.42 million), Aaron Williams (2 yrs., $6.5 million)
New Jersey Receives: Sam Cassel (2 yrs., $11.75 million), Kurt Thomas (4 yrs., $27.9 million), Moochie Norris (2 yrs., $8.5 million) and Ervin Johnson (1 yr., $4.99 million). Also, they receive $3 million in cash from the Knicks.
Why They Do The Trade: Kidd wants to be dealt, and wouldn't mind playing with Sprewell and Garnett in the West. He wants to win, and was convinced by the Nets management they'd build a contender. One year later and three of his running mates (Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles, and Lucious Harris) are no longer on the team, and Alonzo Mourning's kidneys are in worse shape than they were last year. By dealing Kidd, they get Sam Cassel back for cheaper, a serviceable big man in Kurt Thomas, Moochie Norris basically for free with the $3 million they receive from the Knicks, and a decent big man. They are still somewhat formidable with a starting 5 of Cassel, Ron Mercer, Richard Jefferson, Kurt Thomas, and Ervin Johnson, and I would imagine they could demand, and receive, some draft picks from both teams involved.

The Knicks Lose: Kurt Thomas (4 yrs., $27.9 million) Moochie Norris (2 yrs., $8.5 million), Shandon Anderson (3 yrs., $23.7 million), and $3 million in cash.
The Knicks Receive: Wally Szczerbiak (5 yrs., $55 million), Aaron Williams (2 yrs., $6.5 million)
Why They Do The Trade: Apparently Isiah Thomas really doesn't like Kurt Thomas' game, since he's been trying to deal the big man all summer. Looking at this objectively, it makes sense. Thomas is on the wrong side of 30 and he only gets more expensive. Dealing him now and getting younger (Aaron Williams) and more talented (Szczerbiak) makes this a good move. Obviously there are serious questions about Allan Houston, and the game we all came to know (and some of us loved) could never be back. The chance to get rid of Norris and Anderson, basically consolidating two bad contracts into one bad contract, is a good move. The Knicks would run a three-guard rotation of Marbury, Crawford, and Szczerbiak and still have some power up front with Aaron Williams. This deal makes a lot of sense if Houston is going to be hurt and not as good as he used to be. If he is, then it's questionable."

So if Houston's hurt, we're basically looking at:

PG: Marbury
SG: Crawford (Wally backs both of them up, since Marbury and Craw can each play 1/2)
SF: TThomas, Penny
PF: Sweetney, Aaron Williams, JYD
C: Mohammed, Baker

I don't really think it's a bad trade. You get rid of a lot of dead weight, and a few years down the line it might look great with KT getting older and more expensive.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
9/16/2004  2:08 PM
the realgm trade would be awesome. Wally is more talented than any player we give up and we get rid of Shandon and Moochie. We also free up one roster spot and can sign another player. The Journal News trade rumor doesn't seem nearly as good.
crzymdups
USA
9/16/2004  2:13 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

From Knicks.RealGM.Com:

"Knicks Angling for Wally World

With talks of the Minnesota T'Wolves trying to acquire Jason Kidd via trade, the Knicks have jumped right in the middle and now hope to swing a 3-way deal. The major players movin in the trade, as reported by the Journal News, are Jason Kidd to the Minnesota Timberwolves, Sam Cassel to the New Jersey Nets, and Wally Szczerbiak to the Knicks.

Minnesota Loses: Wally Szczerbiak (5 yrs., $55 million), Sam Cassel (2 yrs., $11.75 million), and Ervin Johnson (1 yr., $4.99 million)
Minnesota Receives: Jason Kidd (5 yrs., $90.42 million), Shandon Anderson (3 yrs., $23.7 million)
Why They Do The Trade: The T'Wolves management is under the impression that adding Jason Kidd to their team makes them a legitimate contender. They get rid of Szczerbiak's bad contract but have to make do with Shandon Anderson for the next few years.

New Jersey Loses: Jason Kidd (5 yrs., $90.42 million), Aaron Williams (2 yrs., $6.5 million)
New Jersey Receives: Sam Cassel (2 yrs., $11.75 million), Kurt Thomas (4 yrs., $27.9 million), Moochie Norris (2 yrs., $8.5 million) and Ervin Johnson (1 yr., $4.99 million). Also, they receive $3 million in cash from the Knicks.
Why They Do The Trade: Kidd wants to be dealt, and wouldn't mind playing with Sprewell and Garnett in the West. He wants to win, and was convinced by the Nets management they'd build a contender. One year later and three of his running mates (Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles, and Lucious Harris) are no longer on the team, and Alonzo Mourning's kidneys are in worse shape than they were last year. By dealing Kidd, they get Sam Cassel back for cheaper, a serviceable big man in Kurt Thomas, Moochie Norris basically for free with the $3 million they receive from the Knicks, and a decent big man. They are still somewhat formidable with a starting 5 of Cassel, Ron Mercer, Richard Jefferson, Kurt Thomas, and Ervin Johnson, and I would imagine they could demand, and receive, some draft picks from both teams involved.

The Knicks Lose: Kurt Thomas (4 yrs., $27.9 million) Moochie Norris (2 yrs., $8.5 million), Shandon Anderson (3 yrs., $23.7 million), and $3 million in cash.
The Knicks Receive: Wally Szczerbiak (5 yrs., $55 million), Aaron Williams (2 yrs., $6.5 million)
Why They Do The Trade: Apparently Isiah Thomas really doesn't like Kurt Thomas' game, since he's been trying to deal the big man all summer. Looking at this objectively, it makes sense. Thomas is on the wrong side of 30 and he only gets more expensive. Dealing him now and getting younger (Aaron Williams) and more talented (Szczerbiak) makes this a good move. Obviously there are serious questions about Allan Houston, and the game we all came to know (and some of us loved) could never be back. The chance to get rid of Norris and Anderson, basically consolidating two bad contracts into one bad contract, is a good move. The Knicks would run a three-guard rotation of Marbury, Crawford, and Szczerbiak and still have some power up front with Aaron Williams. This deal makes a lot of sense if Houston is going to be hurt and not as good as he used to be. If he is, then it's questionable."

So if Houston's hurt, we're basically looking at:

PG: Marbury
SG: Crawford (Wally backs both of them up, since Marbury and Craw can each play 1/2)
SF: TThomas, Penny
PF: Sweetney, Aaron Williams, JYD
C: Mohammed, Baker

I don't really think it's a bad trade. You get rid of a lot of dead weight, and a few years down the line it might look great with KT getting older and more expensive.

This trade doesn't work under the cap. The trade I posted early with the Knicks giving up only Kurt and Moochie does work.
¿ △ ?
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
9/16/2004  2:20 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

This trade doesn't work under the cap. The trade I posted early with the Knicks giving up only Kurt and Moochie does work.

Funny....it worked when I put it in the checker (1922615)...why didn't it work for you?

PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
9/16/2004  2:21 PM
New York trades: SF Shandon Anderson (7.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24.6 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
PG Moochie Norris (3.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 12.8 minutes)
New York receives: PF Aaron Williams (6.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
SG Wally Szczerbiak (10.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -6.0 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
PF Aaron Williams (6.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
New Jersey receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
PG Moochie Norris (3.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 66 games)
PG Sam Cassell (19.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.3 apg in 81 games)
C Ervin Johnson (1.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 66 games)
Change in team outlook: +14.5 ppg, +5.7 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Minnesota trades: SG Wally Szczerbiak (10.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.2 minutes)
PG Sam Cassell (19.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.3 apg in 35.0 minutes)
C Ervin Johnson (1.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.6 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SF Shandon Anderson (7.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 80 games)
PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 67 games)
Change in team outlook: -8.5 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

It works.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
9/16/2004  2:22 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Parlay.

The vince thing was interesting also.

Isiah is taking on more, but while they are more expensive, they are movable.

FunnyVince is making noise today, and there are rumors about pending trades. Consipiricy?

Vince in NY, he fits the bill: misunderstood and Overpaid wit an ego. And Something to prove! Bring in Vince, sure why not.

If nets want to rebuild, thats cool too. I can follow the Net Pet Project of blow and rebuild while my knicks are pulling a stienbrenner. We need to reduce our roster by a few players also.

post labor day, I guess the GMs are back form vacation.

I don't know what happened to my post, but I was on the same track as you, turning wally into swift would be nice, wally seems like a west type of player but having another young skilled player on the knicks can only improve this team..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
USA
9/16/2004  2:25 PM
Posted by tkf:

I don't know what happened to my post, but I was on the same track as you, turning wally into swift would be nice, wally seems like a west type of player but having another young skilled player on the knicks can only improve this team..

I don't think Memphis needs another SG/SF type. They already have Miller, Posey, Battier, Bonzi and Cardinal. Not to mention, they're still paying Dickerson.

I don't think there's anyway we can ever get Swift. Ever. In a million years.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 09/16/2004 14:27:39]
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/16/2004  3:24 PM

Oh, I feel stupid now, I was under the impression they were allready contenders. Oh well, let them think what they want, we'd be getting rid of Shandon!

So as the deal sounds so far, we'd be turning Moochie and Shandon into Wally and Kurt into the A-train. I could definately deal with that.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
9/16/2004  3:31 PM
This trade is insanely unbelievable.

Getting rid of Moochie and Shandon? This is a fantasy.

After the year Cassel had for them, why would they move him? Even for Kidd? They have chemistry and probabley would be better off trading Wally for K Thomas straight up.

Didnt NJ say theyre not interested in dealing J Kidd? They have stated there is nothing serious.

If it does happen I say get Toronto involved and include T Thomas and Wally World to Toronto with some other player for V Carter.

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/16/2004  3:34 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

the realgm trade would be awesome. Wally is more talented than any player we give up and we get rid of Shandon and Moochie. We also free up one roster spot and can sign another player. The Journal News trade rumor doesn't seem nearly as good.

what's the difference between the 2? i read both articles as all teams giving up pretty much the same things & getting back the same things...the only thing different from a Knicks' standpoint was the cash considerations included in the RealGM trade proposal that NJ gets from NY in the deal along w/Moochie...that's a wash basically since NY is paying Moochie's salary in that scenario.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
9/16/2004  3:43 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

what's the difference between the 2? i read both articles as all teams giving up pretty much the same things & getting back the same things...the only thing different from a Knicks' standpoint was the cash considerations included in the RealGM trade proposal that NJ gets from NY in the deal along w/Moochie...that's a wash basically since NY is paying Moochie's salary in that scenario.
The Journal News article made it sound like EITHER Moochie OR Shandon would be traded, whereas the realgm wiretap made it sound like we'd be getting rid of BOTH of them
Knicks Might Be Part of Kidd Deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy