CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/12/2018  5:14 PM
Mitchell Robinson, C, New York Knicks
4 OF 5

Bart Young/Getty Images
Mitchell Robinson seems like a lock to outperform his draft position after the former McDonald's All-American fell to No. 36.

Having skipped college, it had been reasonable to assume Robinson would spend significant time in the G League. He lacks both skill and general discipline. But he may not need either to contribute as a rookie.

His 34.7 player efficiency rating led summer league (minimum four games), where he shot 66.7 percent and was the only player since 2004 to average four blocks per game, per RealGM.com.

Robinson's elite tools, explosiveness and nose for the ball should continue translating to easy baskets off lobs, dump-downs and offensive rebounds. Though he's bound to get lost defensively, he'll still add rim protection with his quick jump, length and aggressiveness.

The New York Knicks won't rush back Kristaps Porzingis from his torn ACL. And once they're eliminated from playoff contention, Enes Kanter won't be playing 30-plus minutes. Robinson has emerged as a key building block in New York. He'll have plenty of chances, even as a rookie, to develop and produce in 2018-19.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792318-5-nba-rookies-who-can-exceed-expectations-in-2018-19#slide5
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/14/2018  1:58 PM
Mitchell Robinson has the athletic ability and the high B.Ball IQ to be a top candidate for ROY !!!
It will be up to new coach Fix (Fizdale) .. Im hoping we give Joakim Noah playing time off the bench in lineups alongside Mitch Robinson.
Noah & Robinson would make a great frontline to bring off the bench in Robinson's rookie season.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/16/2018  7:35 AM
I really don't see them having Mitchell Robinson on the main team to begin the season. He is good, but he really needs to spend more time in a structured offense and defense. I would send him to the G-league for two-three months and then bring him up around January/February, like they did with Burke last year. This will give Robinson a chance to play big minutes. It will also give the team a chance to see what Kornet can do. We should try to trade Kanter, even if it is just for a second round pick. Our centers next year will likely be Kornet and Robinson, plus we will probably sign a vet on a minimum deal as insurance.
Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/16/2018  2:53 PM
I don't see him a ROY candidate as he has not played in a long time.
High IQ I don't know because I think he will be a fouling machine if he does not develop poise to understand the pace and speed of the game.
Does he have the fundamentals down and the poise to execute at the NBA level?
Don't get me wrong, IM excited about his upside but I can see this taking a more than a rookie campaign. Nalod tapers down expectations but I don't have to be right or wrong here.
Im going to enjoy his rookie of the year campaign as much as anyone if it comes to fruition!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/17/2018  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:I don't see him a ROY candidate as he has not played in a long time.
High IQ I don't know because I think he will be a fouling machine if he does not develop poise to understand the pace and speed of the game.
Does he have the fundamentals down and the poise to execute at the NBA level?
Don't get me wrong, IM excited about his upside but I can see this taking a more than a rookie campaign. Nalod tapers down expectations but I don't have to be right or wrong here.
Im going to enjoy his rookie of the year campaign as much as anyone if it comes to fruition!

I agree. I hope he proves me wrong. But look back at the stats of guys like Camby, Capela and DeAndre Jordan and you'll notice it took them at least two years to start seeing starter type minutes. And those were arguably more polished than MitchRob when they first came into the league. I expect to see plenty of flashes along with a bunch of groan inducing bonehead plays. I'm good with that.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Wasserman: 5 NBA Rookies Who Can Exceed Expectations in 18-19

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy