[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury hates larry Brown
Author Thread
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
9/6/2018  12:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/6/2018  8:47 AM
It's 10 minutes long. Marbury vblog of the 2004 Olympics and his Knick days.

https://youtu.be/zYnVTGty8Vk

Bring back dee-fense
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/6/2018  12:11 AM
Vaseline memorabilia...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/6/2018  7:26 AM
Brain dead still. No accountability for his own actions.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/6/2018  9:53 AM
I am not a fan of Marbury at all, enough scandals and mental issues to go around, but he's right about one thing. Larry Brown's self righteous agenda as a coach in NYC had me fuming. Dude is in the same category as PJax when it comes to unrelatability.

Hate is a strong word, but I certainly strongly dislike Larry Brown myself for the piss poor job he did in NYC.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/6/2018  12:29 PM
You forgot "BREAKING NEWS!!!" in the thread title.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
9/6/2018  1:03 PM
Larry Brown was a coaching diva when he was with Knicks... His way or he would shame you into submission in the media. This had a heavy toll on all our point guards. He had a very very adverse affect on the careers of the point guards under him while with the Knicks... He was a terrible coach... The problem was never him, his system, or culture.. The problem was always the player.. His ridiculous obsession with Ramon Sessions got old quick. I was happy Brown was fired, too bad it did not happen sooner...
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/6/2018  1:16 PM
Nalod wrote:Brain dead still. No accountability for his own actions.

I think he comes across well in that video- how is he brain dead? he was just talking about his beef with larry Brown, and his suspicions about him being an old school racist.

I've softened my opinion a lot on Marbury over the years- think he was in a difficult situation and it brought out the worst in him. Seems a lot happier these days and I don't harbour any ill will towards him.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/6/2018  1:18 PM
nyvector16 wrote:Larry Brown was a coaching diva when he was with Knicks... His way or he would shame you into submission in the media. This had a heavy toll on all our point guards. He had a very very adverse affect on the careers of the point guards under him while with the Knicks... He was a terrible coach... The problem was never him, his system, or culture.. The problem was always the player.. His ridiculous obsession with Ramon Sessions got old quick. I was happy Brown was fired, too bad it did not happen sooner...

Yep, while Marbury has gone up in my estimates, larry Brown has gone down- all the power play two faced crap he pulled, his insisting we get certain players with horrific contracts then almost immediately turning against them. Was more focused on taking IT's job his first year than anything.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/6/2018  1:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
nyvector16 wrote:Larry Brown was a coaching diva when he was with Knicks... His way or he would shame you into submission in the media. This had a heavy toll on all our point guards. He had a very very adverse affect on the careers of the point guards under him while with the Knicks... He was a terrible coach... The problem was never him, his system, or culture.. The problem was always the player.. His ridiculous obsession with Ramon Sessions got old quick. I was happy Brown was fired, too bad it did not happen sooner...

Yep, while Marbury has gone up in my estimates, larry Brown has gone down- all the power play two faced crap he pulled, his insisting we get certain players with horrific contracts then almost immediately turning against them. Was more focused on taking IT's job his first year than anything.

Brown was definitely a DIVA coach, he felt all the success he had in the NBA gave him the right to be a DIVA, plus he was paid like one..That shiiit went straight to his ahead, like Phil Jackson

ES
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/6/2018  10:34 PM
Marburg got f$$ked by Larry Brown with no Vaseline.

Noboby really liked Larry. He was good for 2 years but by the third year, no one wanted him around.

Trust the Process
Nalod
USA
9/6/2018  10:40 PM
Great take triple. Over time Iverson figures out what Brown was trying to do. Marbury didn’t. He embattled most of his coaches everywhere. Larry and Phil are *******s. Phil got 11 rings. Larry only man to win ncaa and NBA chips. Whose fault is it he was an *******? The idiot that hired him. Phil never evolved to run a team and Dolan was ignorant to hire him. The man could coach. Marbles brain dead is cool with some of you? Lol!
Nalod
USA
9/6/2018  10:41 PM
TheGame wrote:Marburg got f$$ked by Larry Brown with no Vaseline.

Noboby really liked Larry. He was good for 2 years but by the third year, no one wanted him around.

Larry lasted a year. He knew when it was time to leave because he knew his shut got tired. But he got results. Marbles burned every stop in the nba.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
9/7/2018  9:10 AM
I think that a lot of folks fall into the trap that because someone did a good job somewhere else at some time, he always did a good job wherever he was. Brown was crap here No one can take away his success with the Pistons but he really came in looking to wrest power from IT and thought it would just be given to him. No interest in coaching as that was now beneath him.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/7/2018  9:11 AM
So Larry has an NCAA chip, NBA chip and is an ******* and a documented liar. Marbles has a statue in China, a shoe factory, is an ******* and a documented ****tard. No contest on which way the scales tip there.

I wonder if Berman even still cares about this anymore.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/7/2018  12:52 PM
jrodmc wrote:So Larry has an NCAA chip, NBA chip and is an ******* and a documented liar. Marbles has a statue in China, a shoe factory, is an ******* and a documented ****tard. No contest on which way the scales tip there.

Heh. Marbury also had his face on a stamp. So cool.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

9/8/2018  9:03 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:I think that a lot of folks fall into the trap that because someone did a good job somewhere else at some time, he always did a good job wherever he was. Brown was crap here No one can take away his success with the Pistons but he really came in looking to wrest power from IT and thought it would just be given to him. No interest in coaching as that was now beneath him.

Couldn't agree more...Next Town Brown was awful here.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/8/2018  12:00 PM
Uptown wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:I think that a lot of folks fall into the trap that because someone did a good job somewhere else at some time, he always did a good job wherever he was. Brown was crap here No one can take away his success with the Pistons but he really came in looking to wrest power from IT and thought it would just be given to him. No interest in coaching as that was now beneath him.

True but the roster was also garbage
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/8/2018  12:28 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

My observation and experience with pro coaches is it's absolutely fine if the players hate your guts. It's also fine if they love you to no end. Pepper Johnson would set orphanages on fire all over NY for the Big Tuna. Phil Simms wouldn't piss on Tuna if he was on fire. Simms hated him. But Simms was open that Tuna made him a better player. The issue is if they become indifferent to you. Hate means they are reacting to you, which is fine. A good coach doesn't make his players love him, a good coach gets a player to direct that hate at the opponent.

This is the lesson of Tim Grover when he trained Jordan, Pippen, Ron Harper, etc for years. Jordan came out and said several times that Grover clearly did not give two ****s if Jordan liked him or fired him. Everyone spent time kissing Jordan's ass. Grover had zero problem telling Jordan to go **** himself if it came down to it. Jordan was a classic piece of **** thug. The best player ever, but a ****ing two bit thug. He could mentally break a guy like Rodney McCray. But when he stepped to Robert Parish, Parish took no bones in telling him he'd kneecap Jordan and end his career.

Billy Beane, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, Chuck Daly, Coach K, John Wooden, they all said the same thing over time. Deep down, players want to be coached. Some players gravitate to this naturally ( like a Steph Curry or a Grant Hill or a Shane Battier, just natural professionals) Some dudes though, they do that bull****, you need to prove to me how hard you are, then I can respect you. Assholes like that, you need to have zero ****s given.

Rule of ANY relationship - The one willing to walk away and leave everything behind at any point is the one with the power.

Larry Brown - Zero ****s given. Great technical coach. Gigantic *******.

Marbury is talking about Brown. Fuming. Brown is probably jacking off somewhere watching 50 Shades Of Grey and eating raw oysters. Zero ****s given. Who has the power here?

Its just gonna rub lots of people the wrong way when you have zero ****s given.

IJDGAF - I Just Don't Give A Fuck.

Try it sometime. In the middle of a conversation with someone you don't want to talk to ( excluding work/career) just walk away. Middle of sentence, walk.

Do I think Larry Brown is an *******? Yes, but he also makes me laugh. He just did not give a ****. He treated the players exactly like they should mostly be treated - like petulant spoiled children. "He said bad things bout me in the press!" So the **** what. Its his job to push your buttons. Play better and he'll shut the **** up.

Why do you think music bands break up? Spend months and years in tight spaces, compressed with the same people, over and over and over. You think most of those people wont drive you nuts eventually? Why do you think people in small circles are always ****ing each other or ****ing each others wives and into petty bull**** like gambling debts and gossip and general backbiting?

Nearly all great coaches have someone in their past who hates their guts

Nearly all **** coaches have nearly everyone be indifferent to them.

Agree 100%.
Hate and fear are the other sides of love.
Where there is hate - there is no love and fear.
Where there is fear - there in no love or hate.
And where there is love - there is no hate and no fear.
The indifference or dispassion is the other side of passion.
Passion makes you weak and dependent, never satisfied and often depressed.
But dispassion gives you enormous power and control over you life, centerness.
All great coaches and players, Jordan and Brown included master this skill.
That's why they posses power and that's why they are hated so much.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
blkexec
Member: #748
9/8/2018  12:29 PM
Uptown wrote:

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
9/8/2018  12:39 PM
technomaster wrote:
jrodmc wrote:So Larry has an NCAA chip, NBA chip and is an ******* and a documented liar. Marbles has a statue in China, a shoe factory, is an ******* and a documented ****tard. No contest on which way the scales tip there.

Heh. Marbury also had his face on a stamp. So cool.

Since Dolan arrived. The knicks have been CAREER KILLERS.

Some of it I'd just bad luck.....but the facts are facts. Either they had success b4 or like Marbury sometime after.

Let's hope Kevin Knox and Dolans new hands off approach....finally turns things around.

When was the last time we've been this successful in the draft....that's starting with drafting KP. Now we have Knox who has the same star potential.... solid 2nd round picks and free agents.. with a new FO.

Feels good to be a fan once again....

"Future so bright....I can't see the past"

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Marbury hates larry Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy