14 seconds after an offensive rebound
Author Thread
QnzKnickerbocker87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8670

8/30/2018  7:52 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:I like the new offensive rebound rule

I don't like the "expanding the definition of hostile acts" change tho. There's enough borderline flagrant foul calls and dubious ticky tac foul calls as it, don't need more of em along with the typically longer than necessary reviews which disrupt the momentum and pace of the game

It's just to get Draymond Green.

Warriors steam roll everyone. Four game sweeps kill revenue. Kill it. The league administration got a consolation prize in the Western Conference Finals going 7 games.

Basically this - The Warriors can sweep anyone in the Finals, assuming Green/Curry are healthy, but they will have to give up games on purpose in the other rounds. If they don't the refs will job them until they do.

You can't beat the Warriors in a cleanly called game. Sometimes they can beat themselves. The way to do it is to eject Green or suspend him for a game, then allow defenders ( looking at you Matt Delladova...) to basically batter Curry all the time. The amount of hard contact Curry gets and is uncalled is unreal. This is the "Under Armour" tax.

Warriors play the right way. They built through the draft and good cap management, like teams are encouraged to do. But their players don't sell enough shoes on their own, not to Nike standards. No one is dating a pop star. Can't have that. No one is dunking over a car. Fuck that noise. No one is shooting up a nightclub or dropping a rap track and on TMZ all the time. WTF is up with that? They simply kill revenue for the league more than they generate it ( killing off long playoff series)

They are a marketing nightmare. So the league needs to **** them over.

Like I always say, if a 14 year old kid shoots another in the face over some ****ing shoes, deep down, real quiet, the marketing people at Nike are ****ing feeling fabulous. That's status right there. People want to kill over your shoes. When videos go viral of new rare kicks coming out and people trample each other at 4am, those same people are jizzing in their pants. Creaming it.

If Kevin Knox got engaged to Taylor Swift, the Knicks would get more national TV broadcasts. Knox could literally walk to the basket. Not even dribble anymore. The NBA would fly a drone above the rim that would push any errant Knox shot into the hoop for him. If he got with Beyonce and had Oprah host the televised wedding, they'd let him bring a handgun onto the court. Just shoot a mother****er in the knee who gets in your way like Billy Blanks.

If the NBA could make another billion dollars sacrificing newborn babies at half court, then Stern would come out of retirement to say on CNN that the NBA will now build maternity wards for low income people all over America. I've seen it upfront myself, the level of greed at this part of the sports world is sad and predictable.

No disrespect intended but this long winded reply is irrelevant to my post and this thread in general

Lol and why so upset that this rule may negatively impact the Warriors? Aside from the tanking teams, idc what any team out west does or doesn't do; as a general basketball fan ofc I'll catch west coast games whenever they come on, but (again aside from the tanking teams out west) Im not emotionally invested in any way in the outcomes of those games, playoffs included

AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

8/30/2018  10:28 AM
Nalod wrote:The rule is pretty good. I takes away the clock as a weapon in a close game and puts the emphasis on making baskets and playing defense. It also taking away to some extend the defense fouling at the end of the game to stop the clock. End of games can get drawn out.
Granted, we here are pretty big fans and like the chess game as it but this new rule will keep the pace up for the end of the game.

Totally agree. Clock as weapon at the end of close games is really a drag. This is a halfway measure to limit that and though situational, it's a nice change. Perhaps they should limit it to the final two minutes or something.

JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
8/30/2018  2:47 PM
Moonangie wrote:
Nalod wrote:The rule is pretty good. I takes away the clock as a weapon in a close game and puts the emphasis on making baskets and playing defense. It also taking away to some extend the defense fouling at the end of the game to stop the clock. End of games can get drawn out.
Granted, we here are pretty big fans and like the chess game as it but this new rule will keep the pace up for the end of the game.

Totally agree. Clock as weapon at the end of close games is really a drag. This is a halfway measure to limit that and though situational, it's a nice change. Perhaps they should limit it to the final two minutes or something.

I like the idea of limiting it to the final 2 minutes. It would definitely make end of games more exciting.

Bring back dee-fense
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/30/2018  3:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:I like the new offensive rebound rule

I don't like the "expanding the definition of hostile acts" change tho. There's enough borderline flagrant foul calls and dubious ticky tac foul calls as it, don't need more of em along with the typically longer than necessary reviews which disrupt the momentum and pace of the game

It's just to get Draymond Green.

Warriors steam roll everyone. Four game sweeps kill revenue. Kill it. The league administration got a consolation prize in the Western Conference Finals going 7 games.

Basically this - The Warriors can sweep anyone in the Finals, assuming Green/Curry are healthy, but they will have to give up games on purpose in the other rounds. If they don't the refs will job them until they do.

You can't beat the Warriors in a cleanly called game. Sometimes they can beat themselves. The way to do it is to eject Green or suspend him for a game, then allow defenders ( looking at you Matt Delladova...) to basically batter Curry all the time. The amount of hard contact Curry gets and is uncalled is unreal. This is the "Under Armour" tax.

Warriors play the right way. They built through the draft and good cap management, like teams are encouraged to do. But their players don't sell enough shoes on their own, not to Nike standards. No one is dating a pop star. Can't have that. No one is dunking over a car. Fuck that noise. No one is shooting up a nightclub or dropping a rap track and on TMZ all the time. WTF is up with that? They simply kill revenue for the league more than they generate it ( killing off long playoff series)

They are a marketing nightmare. So the league needs to **** them over.

Like I always say, if a 14 year old kid shoots another in the face over some ****ing shoes, deep down, real quiet, the marketing people at Nike are ****ing feeling fabulous. That's status right there. People want to kill over your shoes. When videos go viral of new rare kicks coming out and people trample each other at 4am, those same people are jizzing in their pants. Creaming it.

If Kevin Knox got engaged to Taylor Swift, the Knicks would get more national TV broadcasts. Knox could literally walk to the basket. Not even dribble anymore. The NBA would fly a drone above the rim that would push any errant Knox shot into the hoop for him. If he got with Beyonce and had Oprah host the televised wedding, they'd let him bring a handgun onto the court. Just shoot a mother****er in the knee who gets in your way like Billy Blanks.

If the NBA could make another billion dollars sacrificing newborn babies at half court, then Stern would come out of retirement to say on CNN that the NBA will now build maternity wards for low income people all over America. I've seen it upfront myself, the level of greed at this part of the sports world is sad and predictable.

Got tired of posting psychotic misogyny, huh? Explain how the money hungry league allowed KD, who barely sells any Gatorade, to go to GSW.

I cannot wait to read this one.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/31/2018  2:49 AM
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:Lol and why so upset that this rule may negatively impact the Warriors?

Every rule change has a hand in

A) Increasing profit at all costs
B) Appeasing the networks, who pay billions to broadcast these games
C) Maintaining viewership for said games, even to the detriment of the game itself
D) Marketing over all else, including merit

It means for the Knicks to win a championship, they can't just be elite on the court, they also need to be marketable. If they don't vibe with the league administration/networks/brands vision of the NBA "narrative", then the refs will job our beloved team.

The Warriors are so good, the league has to change the rules to stop them.

I want the Knicks to win a championship. I love this team. We all do. We all want that for this franchise. But the league "narrative" makes everything so much harder.

The last half hour of games have always been foul/grind the clock down fests, for decades. It wasn't changed for the betterment of the game, if that was the issue, it would have happened long enough, it happened because not doing so impacts marketing/profit.

Fouls and ref manipulation and superstar calls could be eliminated, part of it is increasing the size of the reffing crew. Also using technology to basically put sensors on the uniforms. Running additional cameras over head. But the league won't do that, hurts profit too much.

It's easy to say it's no big deal because it's the Warriors. But fundamental manipulation of the merits of the game impact all teams, even our beloved Knicks. It means one day, the Knicks will get jobbed too. It's like an arsonist in your hometown who burned down a house three blocks away. Well it's not "our house"! Yeah, but that ******* is still out there going pyro on people and eventually, at some point, he might torch our place too.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/31/2018  6:54 AM
NBA is an entertainment company. As a company back in the day it has had the same objective which was to increase viewership. You make it sound like its a cryptic conspiracy. The game as dying and they learned to market in the Bird/magic era. Then came Jordan, etc..........MOre people watch it. The globalization has yielded more players from other countries. Is talent not as good or has it expanded with more players to pick from?
It’s not the “good old days” we all long for but is that really how it works?
14 seconds after an offensive rebound

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy