[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Courtney Lee traded to the Thunder 🤐???
Author Thread
AboveDaRim1115
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6422

8/18/2018  10:46 PM
Did Courtney lee get traded on the 17th of August to OKC...
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/19/2018  5:13 AM
Er, no- why do you think he did? OKC would not take on the extra salary due to the luxury tax implications
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/19/2018  5:14 AM
At this point the only option really would be the pelicans for some expiring. However they said they'd like to add a wing player but not until the deadline when they hope the price goes down
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/19/2018  12:19 PM
Not yet but this is wild stuff.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/19/2018  1:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/19/2018  1:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:Er, no- why do you think he did? OKC would not take on the extra salary due to the luxury tax implications

Trade: they would have to send something in return.
The faux trade is logical for both. Singler has two years at about 5mil, Albrines expires end of this season at about the same. It moves the dial a bit.
Singler might be easlier to trade with his salary. Problem is we don't have roster space as things are a bit crowded. Albrines could be bought out and might have a nice deal waiting for him back home? Singler is serviceable to say the least.
Not saying I endorse this or not, just thinking there is some logic. Thunder get the best player of the deal and a solid contributor. Funny as hell it was on Wikipedia!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/19/2018  2:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Not yet but this is wild stuff.

I'm not even sure OKC has a 2019 second round pick to trade.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/19/2018  4:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Not yet but this is wild stuff.

I'm not even sure OKC has a 2019 second round pick to trade.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

awesome catch!!! but then most fans love to throw around second round picks for sweetner.
I like that knicks have equal second rounders coming in as they are going out. We own all of our shyt going forward.
Freaking Philly has a treasure chest full of stuff coming in.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/19/2018  5:50 PM
Lee & Dotson for Abrines, Ferguson & Diallo works all day for me.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/19/2018  6:39 PM
So now we findout about trades on Wikipedia. I mean we can't even get a Trump tweet?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TLover
USA
8/19/2018  9:07 PM
Lee to the thunder really makes sense. Andre Robertson is coming off a major injury. Lee fills that vet wing perfectly. Additionally, thunder will know that this is a chance for Durant to sign with the Knicks getting him out of West. Big incentives for the thunder.
TLover
USA
8/19/2018  9:11 PM
Abrines is expiring & Singler has team option that won’t be picked up. Thinking they may wait it out to include Diallo (local 2018 2nd rounder) that can be traded Aug 26.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/19/2018  11:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Er, no- why do you think he did? OKC would not take on the extra salary due to the luxury tax implications

The faux trade is logical for both. Singler has two years at about 5mil, Albrines expires end of this season at about the same. It moves the dial a bit.
Singler might be easlier to trade with his salary. Problem is we don't have roster space as things are a bit crowded. Albrines could be bought out and might have a nice deal waiting for him back home? Singler is serviceable to say the least.
Not saying I endorse this or not, just thinking there is some logic. Thunder get the best player of the deal and a solid contributor. Funny as hell it was on Wikipedia!

I'm not looking at the hard numbers, but with the repeater tax plus tier acceleration, that 4th year of Lee would cost them like 60+ million in luxury in tax ON TOP of Lee's actual salary. The Thunder paid out the nose for picking up Dennis Schroeder, so anything is technically possible, but that's a ton of money for a guy who is basically replacement level.

There is no functional logic in this.

TLover
USA
8/20/2018  6:01 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I'm not looking at the hard numbers, but with the repeater tax plus tier acceleration, that 4th year of Lee would cost them like 60+ million in luxury in tax ON TOP of Lee's actual salary. The Thunder paid out the nose for picking up Dennis Schroeder, so anything is technically possible, but that's a ton of money for a guy who is basically replacement level.

There is no functional logic in this.

Bc of the luxury tax implications then OKC might not be the fit.

How about Houston? Lee & Noah for Ryan Anderson, Nene & 2nd rounder would work.
Anderson can at least be useful this season to help out until KP is back then stretched after the season. Nene makes about 5 mil this season & next which is pocket change in this league. He can be a mentor to Mitchell Robertson like he was for a Capela. Additionally we can finally come full circle on that franchise altering McDyess trade.

CrushAlot
USA
8/20/2018  11:02 AM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/20/2018  11:34 AM
TLover wrote:Lee to the thunder really makes sense. Andre Robertson is coming off a major injury. Lee fills that vet wing perfectly. Additionally, thunder will know that this is a chance for Durant to sign with the Knicks getting him out of West. Big incentives for the thunder.

They really could have used a Lee-type player last year in the playoffs...I know there were cap issues which limited their flexibility, but they were the team I always thought would try to pick him up before the trade deadline.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
8/20/2018  12:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TLover wrote:Lee to the thunder really makes sense. Andre Robertson is coming off a major injury. Lee fills that vet wing perfectly. Additionally, thunder will know that this is a chance for Durant to sign with the Knicks getting him out of West. Big incentives for the thunder.

They really could have used a Lee-type player last year in the playoffs...I know there were cap issues which limited their flexibility, but they were the team I always thought would try to pick him up before the trade deadline.

They have needed that type of player for awhile. Also, not sure how Roberson will be coming back. I don't know the success rate of guys coming back from a ruptured patellar tendon but I did hear he was just recently cleared to begin jogging.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/20/2018  1:35 PM
TLover wrote:How about Houston? Lee & Noah for Ryan Anderson, Nene & 2nd rounder would work.
Anderson can at least be useful this season to help out until KP is back then stretched after the season. Nene makes about 5 mil this season & next which is pocket change in this league. He can be a mentor to Mitchell Robertson like he was for a Capela. Additionally we can finally come full circle on that franchise altering McDyess trade.

Lee and Baker for Ryan Anderson might work. There would need to be other small moving parts, but it would be contingent on what came back with Anderson. Houston could use the defense on the wings. Technically the 4th year of Lee would operate as cap relief.

They do like DeAnthony Melton quite a bit. He's a really nice prospect, I was hoping the Knicks would take him. Taking in Lee and Baker would shade his minutes, but maybe that's not a horrible thing.

If Houston wanted Noah, they'd just wait for him to be stretched. No one is trading for him now. Not that anyone would before, but right now, there would be no point for a non Knicks team. Someone will get him for the vets minimum.

Phoenix would send an asset plus Brandon Knight's contract to dump for Lee. The Suns appear to have pretty much given up on Bender and Chriss. There might be something there.

wargames
Member: #6053

8/22/2018  1:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

That's good to know

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/22/2018  10:16 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
TLover wrote:How about Houston? Lee & Noah for Ryan Anderson, Nene & 2nd rounder would work.

Lee and Baker for Ryan Anderson might work. There would need to be other small moving parts, but it would be contingent on what came back with Anderson. Houston could use the defense on the wings. Technically the 4th year of Lee would operate as cap relief.

They do like DeAnthony Melton quite a bit. He's a really nice prospect, I was hoping the Knicks would take him. Taking in Lee and Baker would shade his minutes, but maybe that's not a horrible thing.

If Houston wanted Noah, they'd just wait for him to be stretched. No one is trading for him now. Not that anyone would before, but right now, there would be no point for a non Knicks team. Someone will get him for the vets minimum.

Phoenix would send an asset plus Brandon Knight's contract to dump for Lee. The Suns appear to have pretty much given up on Bender and Chriss. There might be something there.

I don't mind the idea of Lee/Baker for Anderson because I'm not a fan of going for broke in 2019 free agency and would prefer we stay the course (potentially suck) for another year rather than throw a giant contract at a Kyrie.

That said if we were taking on an extra $8M in Anderson salary and killing our 2019 cap in the process - the cost for me would be Melton and at least a 1st rounder.

I like Melton quite a bit.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/22/2018  12:22 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I don't mind the idea of Lee/Baker for Anderson because I'm not a fan of going for broke in 2019 free agency and would prefer we stay the course (potentially suck) for another year rather than throw a giant contract at a Kyrie.

That said if we were taking on an extra $8M in Anderson salary and killing our 2019 cap in the process - the cost for me would be Melton and at least a 1st rounder.

I like Melton quite a bit.

Not crazy on the idea of having Anderson and Noah on the books with stretched deals.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Courtney Lee traded to the Thunder 🤐???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy