[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Getting National Respect
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2018  9:36 PM
Dunc'd on podcast eastern conference offseason grades. Leroux gave the Knicks a B and Duncan gave them a B-. The hosts explain their grading system at the start of the podcast. Those are really good grades coming from those guys and not something usually given out to the Knicks.
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/realgm/duncd-on-basketball/e/55667853
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/9/2018  9:40 PM
If I ever own a yacht or a racehorse, I'll be sure to name it B Minus, in honor of the 2018 Knicks receiving "national respect".
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
8/9/2018  10:00 PM
Leroux based his grade on the draft. He said it could be higher if Knox turns out to be the steal of the draft. Duncan loved the Robinson pick. He said it is rare to get a guy that not only is as physically gifted at 36 but also one that took such a strange path to get there that shows up and works and looks like an nba player. I stopped listening at the end of the Knick portion. The Knicks had one of the highest grades given. The Nets received the highest grade for the portion of the podcast that I listened to.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/10/2018  8:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Leroux based his grade on the draft. He said it could be higher if Knox turns out to be the steal of the draft. Duncan loved the Robinson pick. He said it is rare to get a guy that not only is as physically gifted at 36 but also one that took such a strange path to get there that shows up and works and looks like an nba player. I stopped listening at the end of the Knick portion. The Knicks had one of the highest grades given. The Nets received the highest grade for the portion of the podcast that I listened to.
the Robinson pick was a steal. The only reason he wasnt taken in the first round was because he didnt play in college this year. I think the Lakers were still thinking of taken him at 25 and may regret it now
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/10/2018  9:30 AM
If I'm grading the Knicks, and trying to be objective, I don't see how I can give them a grade lower than B+.

People wanted the Knicks to take Porter- they pass and he ends up having back surgery.

Knox looks like a mini KD in summer league.

Right ****ing there, that should be an A or A+.

Robinson looks like a future Ben Wallace and is locked up on a very fair contract.

Even if we didn't have a 1st round pick, you'd have to give them an A or A+ for finding a stud where they picked.

Then, the pick up Allonzo Trier as an undrafted FA and sign Mario Hezonja - a lottery pick who struggled, but certainly looked like they might be coming around.

How is that not an A or A+? Where are we taking points off? What am I missing?

The only way to give a B- is if you have no idea what the knicks have gone through, and no idea about the players they took and picked up.

B-=IGNORANCE!

CrushAlot
USA
8/10/2018  9:49 AM
They did not spend a long time on the Knicks when they gave out their grades. One thing they didn't mention was Fiz. They bumped the bucks up a half letter grade for getting coach Bud. They also didn't mention Trier or Vonleh in their analysis.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/10/2018  2:53 PM
franco12 wrote:If I'm grading the Knicks, and trying to be objective, I don't see how I can give them a grade lower than B+.

People wanted the Knicks to take Porter- they pass and he ends up having back surgery.

Knox looks like a mini KD in summer league.

Right ****ing there, that should be an A or A+.

Robinson looks like a future Ben Wallace and is locked up on a very fair contract.

Even if we didn't have a 1st round pick, you'd have to give them an A or A+ for finding a stud where they picked.

Then, the pick up Allonzo Trier as an undrafted FA and sign Mario Hezonja - a lottery pick who struggled, but certainly looked like they might be coming around.

How is that not an A or A+? Where are we taking points off? What am I missing?

The only way to give a B- is if you have no idea what the knicks have gone through, and no idea about the players they took and picked up.

B-=IGNORANCE!

I actually like the B-...popular B- grades keep knicks mgmt on their toes :)
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
8/12/2018  12:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Leroux based his grade on the draft. He said it could be higher if Knox turns out to be the steal of the draft. Duncan loved the Robinson pick. He said it is rare to get a guy that not only is as physically gifted at 36 but also one that took such a strange path to get there that shows up and works and looks like an nba player. I stopped listening at the end of the Knick portion. The Knicks had one of the highest grades given. The Nets received the highest grade for the portion of the podcast that I listened to.
the Robinson pick was a steal. The only reason he wasnt taken in the first round was because he didnt play in college this year. I think the Lakers were still thinking of taken him at 25 and may regret it now

Thank you Magic Johnson!!!!

I bleed orange and blue for life.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/14/2018  1:42 PM
Knicks get a A++

Why?

1. Actually had both a 1st and second round pick!!!
2. Did not trade either. Its redundant but still a hell of a thing!!
3. Did not trade a future pick either.
4. Hired a non starphuch coach!!

THe rest is gravey. Vonleh, Trier, and the rest are unknown deals.
You can't grade Mitchell because he "might" be a steal. Summer league was nice but lets get to the season.
Knicks took a kid that dropped like a stone because of bad advice and the fact he had not played a game in 14 months.
But lets not get ahead of ourselves! He "Could" be the steal, he not there yet.

CrushAlot
USA
8/14/2018  2:38 PM
Nalod wrote:Knicks get a A++

Why?

1. Actually had both a 1st and second round pick!!!
2. Did not trade either. Its redundant but still a hell of a thing!!
3. Did not trade a future pick either.
4. Hired a non starphuch coach!!

THe rest is gravey. Vonleh, Trier, and the rest are unknown deals.
You can't grade Mitchell because he "might" be a steal. Summer league was nice but lets get to the season.
Knicks took a kid that dropped like a stone because of bad advice and the fact he had not played a game in 14 months.
But lets not get ahead of ourselves! He "Could" be the steal, he not there yet.

I pretty much agree. They have a new podcast up where they say that they talk about every nba relevant prospect from the summer league. It is over 3 hours long. I will listen but it will probably be on a road trip or during a home repair type project that takes that amount of time. Hopefully they spend a significant amount of time on Robinson, Knox and Trier. I also am interested to see what they say about Frank and Dotson.
CrushAlot
USA
8/14/2018  7:32 PM
Review of the Knicks summer league squad starts at the 53 minute mark of this pod. Spoiler alert, they love Robinson.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdon/2018/08/14/mega-21-team-summer-league-prospect-review
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/14/2018  11:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Review of the Knicks summer league squad starts at the 53 minute mark of this pod. Spoiler alert, they love Robinson.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdon/2018/08/14/mega-21-team-summer-league-prospect-review

Thanks!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/15/2018  9:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Review of the Knicks summer league squad starts at the 53 minute mark of this pod. Spoiler alert, they love Robinson.

you mention spoiler alert and then say it right there? LOL at least put it like 20 lines down LOL
good stuff Crush...thanks!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/15/2018  2:58 PM
I think we have like 5 (give or take) national televised games for the season, what kind of respect is that
ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/16/2018  8:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I think we have like 5 (give or take) national televised games for the season, what kind of respect is that

Respecting the audience!
At the moment KP is the star draw for TV and he is out. National games are not about team but its stars. Knicks like any other team has to prove before they are featured. IM ok with this. Reality is if they win, they will get more games. We don’t need those national blowouts either.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/17/2018  2:18 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

A B Grade reflects the Knicks did nothing out of the ordinary to market forces.

Stromile Swift would have gotten an average grade as well in his draft. Same with Patrick O'Bryant. Many thought Jeremy Tyler was an outright steal in his draft.

Robinson comes off as a total mental case. I hope he works out, but the narrative is ugly.

No one wants to say it, but I'll say it here. Lots of recruits get paid and paid real nice under the table to go to one school over another. It's **** no one wants to talk about. It's one thing to take the money, it's another to take the money, keep it, then renege on your commitment to the school itself.

Robo and his agent said he would participate in the Combine. He did not. Teams hard prepped to interview and workout Robinson. Why did he miss it? Because he could not answer the questions that he and his agent knew were coming at them. That's it.

It's like meeting a girl you think is cool and cute and she never ever wants to talk bout her past or her family or anything really. What does that say?

I hope Robo works out, but he got drafted right about where he should have given his behavior. That Shammond Williams should have been "advising" him makes this even worse.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/17/2018  10:41 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Stromile Swift would have gotten an average grade as well in his draft. Same with Patrick O'Bryant. Many thought Jeremy Tyler was an outright steal in his draft.

Robinson comes off as a total mental case. I hope he works out, but the narrative is ugly.

No one wants to say it, but I'll say it here. Lots of recruits get paid and paid real nice under the table to go to one school over another. It's **** no one wants to talk about. It's one thing to take the money, it's another to take the money, keep it, then renege on your commitment to the school itself.

Robo and his agent said he would participate in the Combine. He did not. Teams hard prepped to interview and workout Robinson. Why did he miss it? Because he could not answer the questions that he and his agent knew were coming at them. That's it.

It's like meeting a girl you think is cool and cute and she never ever wants to talk bout her past or her family or anything really. What does that say?

I hope Robo works out, but he got drafted right about where he should have given his behavior. That Shammond Williams should have been "advising" him makes this even worse.

There is a level of all out romanticism with every draft pick, that's pervasive. People want to believe the best outcome possible, then they try to communicate their excitement and it starts gathering momentum. They give each other congratulatory high fives for arriving at the same projected utopia and they convince themselves their collective reasoning is infallible. This isn't limited to basketball drafts. It's human nature.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
8/17/2018  12:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

There is a level of all out romanticism with every draft pick, that's pervasive. People want to believe the best outcome possible, then they try to communicate their excitement and it starts gathering momentum. They give each other congratulatory high fives for arriving at the same projected utopia and they convince themselves their collective reasoning is infallible. This isn't limited to basketball drafts. It's human nature.

In regards to the Dunc'd on podcast and their coverage of the Knicks, there has never been anything expressed but a harsh realism from them. The fact that they reacted positively to something Knick related is such a rare occurrence that I posted the link. It is definitely worth your time to listen to their analysis before making generalizations about what others are seeking.
Knicks Getting National Respect

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy