8/12/2018  10:42 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/12/2018  10:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Frank's midrange game is coming along. Just one run, but damn, when are we going to at least see some attempted layups? Is it expecting too much at this point? Thats what Frank has been working on the better part of this summer, with a trainer. Right?

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/12/2018  1:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Frank's midrange game is coming along. Just one run, but damn, when are we going to at least see some attempted layups? Is it expecting too much at this point? Thats what Frank has been working on the better part of this summer, with a trainer. Right?

Op video, 13 sec mark, pull up feint for the layup.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

8/12/2018  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2018  1:23 PM
I know. Was talking about layups, plural. You could say that Frank has been in a safe space. Players he's comfortable with, knows they arent goin to cheap shot him, if he takes it to the rim. If he isnt comfortable taking chances in this setting...

Like I said, an entire season to become more aggressive should be sufficient to show some progress on that front. Not rookie to complete player in one season, progress.

ThePunisher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8671

8/12/2018  1:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2018  2:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I know. Was talking about layups, plural. You could say that Frank has been in a safe space. Players he's comfortable with, knows they arent goin to cheap shot him, if he takes it to the rim. If he isnt comfortable taking chances in this setting...

Like I said, an entire season to become more aggressive should be sufficient to show some progress on that front. Not rookie to complete player in one season, progress.

Ew. You sound familiar. You're a Trump supporter aren't you. Pretty sure you have an account on RGM where you use purposely incendiary right wing language like that to rile up posters. Will dig more into this...

Thanks for you introducing me to this site by the way. Lolercopters

newyorknewyork
8/12/2018  2:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I know. Was talking about layups, plural. You could say that Frank has been in a safe space. Players he's comfortable with, knows they arent goin to cheap shot him, if he takes it to the rim. If he isnt comfortable taking chances in this setting...

For the most part they played off him giving him the jumper and he was reading the help defense. Him knocking down these jumpers would force the defense to pressure the ball more opening up the lane for him to penetrate. If we want him to be good offensively then he should be able to knock down jumpers as they give him the space or penetrate as they pressure.

He needs something to go to offensively that he can build off and open up other avenues. The mid range game can def be it.

GustavBahler

8/12/2018  3:05 PM
ThePunisher wrote:

Ew. You sound familiar. You're a Trump supporter aren't you. Pretty sure you have an account on RGM where you use purposely incendiary right wing language like that to rile up posters. Will dig more into this...

LMAO, look at you losing it on multiple threads over being referred to as "familiar". Never play poker.

GustavBahler

8/12/2018  3:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

For the most part they played off him giving him the jumper and he was reading the help defense. Him knocking down these jumpers would force the defense to pressure the ball more opening up the lane for him to penetrate. If we want him to be good offensively then he should be able to knock down jumpers as they give him the space or penetrate as they pressure.

He needs something to go to offensively that he can build off and open up other avenues. The mid range game can def be it.

Playing the right way includes driving to the rim to keep them honest. Frank had that hesitation move in France. Would like to see him work on crossing guys over more.

ThePunisher

8/12/2018  3:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2018  3:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

LMAO, look at you losing it on multiple threads over being referred to as "familiar". Never play poker.

Losing...what?

I mean, it pretty much sounds like YOU'VE lost your mind. I just registered here, and already you're passive aggressively and impotently attempting to e-bully me. It's adorable, but it's confusing. It's very Trumpian of you.

Also, in order for you to be taken seriously, you might want to sound mature and not utilize feigned, forced "LMAO." 12 yo's argue that way, not respectable, grown men.

Apparently, you're a bit of a known passive aggressive troll, too, aren't ya? You post on RealGM in their Trump thread under a different pseudonym.

So, ironically, it is YOU who sounds "familiar."

P.S. I'm fantastic at poker. You project too much. It's why you're losing these exchanges so rapidly, and why you objectively would lose a lot of money to me.

Lollercoaster.
Roflcopters.
Lollapalooza.

If you wanna hit low, I can hit harder, Mr. 5-8'...

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/12/2018  3:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Playing the right way includes driving to the rim to keep them honest. Frank had that hesitation move in France. Would like to see him work on crossing guys over more.

Hesitation, crossover, backing his man down...does it matter how he gets into the lane? The drills he did in France earlier this summer seemed to emphasize strong attacks to the rim. Can't read too much into a clip of video highlights from a pickup game. The games from the national team will tell us more. This was just a quick hit for the fans who assume players are just partying and eating Cheetos during the summer.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

8/12/2018  3:53 PM
ThePunisher wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Losing...what?

I mean, it pretty much sounds like YOU'VE lost your mind. I just registered here, and already you're passive aggressively and impotently attempting to e-bully me. It's adorable, but it's confusing. It's very Trumpian of you.

Also, in order for you to be taken seriously, you might want to sound mature and not utilize feigned, forced "LMAO." 12 yo's argue that way, not grown men.

Apparently, you're a bit of a known passive aggressive troll, too, aren't ya? You post on RealGM in their Trump thread under a different pseudonym.

P.S. I'm fantastic at poker. You project too much. It's why you're losing these exchanges so rapidly, and why you objectively would lose a lot of money to me.

The poster doth protest too much. Way too much. Ive indulged you enough. You were certainly entertaining, lol.

ThePunisher

8/12/2018  3:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Losing...what?

Also, in order for you to be taken seriously, you might want to sound mature and not utilize feigned, forced "LMAO." 12 yo's argue that way, not grown men.

The poster doth protest too much. Way too much. Ive indulged you enough. You were certainly entertaining, lol.

I think you took the wrong meds, sir/ma'am. You doth protest too much to my protesting of your anti-social personality disorder.

That feigned disinterested affect you're limping out with doesn't work when YOU attempted to impotently troll ME, out of thin air.

I don't know you, we've never spoken. Socially adjusted humans don't behave like you do, online or not.

I responded confidently and calmly to your trolling, mixed with a bit of your own medicine. And you're triggered by it.

So, no, it's the complete opposite - I'VE indulged YOU enough. You were certainly not entertaining. You're actually creepy, Mr. 5-8', lol.

LMFAO.

LOL.

LOL.

Let's do this again some time. I like triggering Trump supporters. You guys/gals can't handle your own medicine.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/12/2018  11:42 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

8/12/2018  11:47 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

8/12/2018  11:48 PM
Cartman718

8/12/2018  11:49 PM
ThePunisher

8/13/2018  2:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2018  2:51 AM
I'm still crazy pissed at the Knicks for somehow screwing up the tank last season when they could've at least tried to bottom out and shoot for Doncic, but Knox is a nice consolation prize. And I'm pleasantly surprised by his development. Still, I ain't openly rooting for them until they win back my fandom. They have to earn it. That was the last straw for me over many years of BS. I was actively participating as a lifelong fan, even in a tank year, by checking the schedule, projecting wins and losses, religiously updating tankathon.com to see how many games behind we were for such and such place. Every loss brought jubilation. I even remember that one day we passed Chicago for 7th. We were nipping at the heels of Orlando and Dallas.

And then, as usual, they had to **** it up and win a few too many extra games down the stretch, and then slid to 9th. All we had to do was lose out. Knicks got LUCKY with Knox. Really lucky. I don't even care if Perry chartered this course on purpose and projected all the SF's to be available at #9 (to be fair, they all were), it's still reckless and stupid.

The first few years we did that (and lost chances at Curry and Westbrook, 2 freakin MVP's) I let it go. Yay for Jordan Hill and Danilo. But this was the last straw. When the team you cheer for can't even LOSE properly (they suck at sucking) then it's time to take a giant step back. Just from a philosophy standpoint I can't abide that crap anymore.

So I'm just here watching from afar. Knox seems like a winner, though.

newyorknewyork
8/13/2018  12:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

If they are sagging off him then they are already kept honest. Only reason you sag off an opponent is either because you feel he cant make the jumper or you fear his ability to penetrate. So either they didn't respect his jumper and he capitalized. Or they were more concerned with him penetrating for which there has to be a reason for that. Why give him the jumper if you as a defender feel he is scared to penetrate and more likely to shoot a jumper?

Why would Thjr go under the hand off if he feels Frank will most likely pull up rather than take it to the rack? Why did the big in the red shirt or Lance stay home rather than step up on Frank if they know he is more likely to take the jumper than penetrate?

In a one on one setting. Early got beat for a layup. The guard in the red shirt tried to pressure Frank which Frank attempted to drive, then pulled back which created so much space was practically an open jumper.

He made smart reads based off how his defenders defended him. Created a path to beat Cle off the dribble for layup, created space to nail a pull up 3 off the dribble after a penetration attempt. Saw Thjr go under so he took the jumper. Saw the help stay home off the pick so he took the mid range jumper.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/13/2018  5:06 PM
I feel very good about Knox, especially after seeing him in summer league games - I wouldn't be surprised if he were the ROY. He stands to get a tremendous amount of playing time and touches from the get-go. And long term, sky's the limit. He's about as good a prospect as any coming out of this draft.

The final output you get from Doncic is much more impressive than what Hezonja produced coming out of Europe (he was the Euroleague MVP & won a title - what more can he do?) - but when I watch the highlights, they're almost identical to Hezonja's from Europe. I'm not sure what to make of him, but he's oozing with confidence and takes/makes a lot of challenging shots.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/13/2018  9:19 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Late summer highlights

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy