[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Super impressed
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2018  8:22 AM
The current level of philanthropy of top stars in the league today both speaking with their wallets and their minds.

Lebron alone has pledged $41mil to his school in Akron. What an amazing achievement to undertake to help at risk students! On top of his his scholarship commitments its an impressive.

IM in awe of his transformation over the years both as a player and as a man. He has matured making a difference in his world.

I point him out above others who bot today and in the past has done good things, including Melo.
Contrast to Jordan who chose to stay quiet as not to upset the sale of basketball shoes.
In my book.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/2/2018  8:52 AM
Melo and Lebron are both incredible philanthropists. The reality is the NBA culture has come a LOOOOONG way.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
8/2/2018  8:53 AM
As are NFL players, who give a great deal to their communities.
Trust the Process
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

8/2/2018  12:42 PM
Im not really a fan of LeBron on the court. But I love the man of the court. What he does for his community is amazing. You guys are right, it is amazing what some of the athletes do for their community. Its great that they recognize their influence and are using it the right way. It's truly awesome!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/2/2018  2:13 PM
Nalod wrote:The current level of philanthropy of top stars in the league today both speaking with their wallets and their minds.

Lebron alone has pledged $41mil to his school in Akron. What an amazing achievement to undertake to help at risk students! On top of his his scholarship commitments its an impressive.

IM in awe of his transformation over the years both as a player and as a man. He has matured making a difference in his world.

I point him out above others who bot today and in the past has done good things, including Melo.
Contrast to Jordan who chose to stay quiet as not to upset the sale of basketball shoes.
In my book.

I am hoping he starts the trend as investing in education the way he has is the key. Not only education though but also offering help to parents to get their GED and job placement showing me he and all those involved understand the importance of not when the Kids are in school but the overall environment.

Lets all hope some sort of blue print is formulated out of all this. My personal view would have been to create businesses and let the businesses fund the school. I need to see how he will be able to maintain funding for the school as well as the college tuition. But he has taken 10 years to develop this so I believe every step has been measured.

His legacy may reach farther than bball when its all said and done.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2018  3:16 PM
https://heavy.com/sports/2018/07/lebron-james-i-promise-school/
Super impressed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy