[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Frank makes the NBA all defensive team......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2018  10:28 AM
how does that make some of you feel towards him?
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/26/2018  10:44 AM
if James Dolan wins a Grammy, how would you feel about him?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
7/26/2018  10:52 AM
It only seems logical that the Knicks would make Frank the starting pg, and by February, we should know if he has enough skills to competently run the team.
Trust the Process
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/26/2018  10:57 AM
Nalod wrote:how does that make some of you feel towards him?

This is how i feel about him now. He has a unique skill set to be a very valuable role player in this league. An elite role player if you will. All Defensive Team would validate that in a sense.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/26/2018  11:57 AM

That would obviously be awesome but if he is going to be a 1 or a 2 or both...his offense needs to be solid (not great) or his value is greatly diminished.

I think he grows into a solid offensive player but ends up less than elite defefensively.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/26/2018  11:59 AM

Hard to say as that wouldn't be the whole picture. But I would feel that he took one more step forward in his progress and is only 20yrs old.

Also is his unique size and length of the position offering transcendent defensive advantages for our team that not many if any other team has?

I know that Fizz is going to want to trap, create TO's and push the ball for fast break points. Is Frank spearheading that and turning defensive opportunities into easy offense?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/26/2018  12:31 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:if James Dolan wins a Grammy, how would you feel about him?

At least there's a chance Frank could win defensive player of year at some point? J. Noah has a better chance of winning DPOY than Dolan has of winning a Grammy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nyk2017
Member: #7538

7/26/2018  1:17 PM
I think he will become an elite defensive player and very capable on offense (as a 3rd or 4th option). Hopefully our version of Draymond Green.
Nalod
USA
7/26/2018  1:22 PM
Dolan wins a grammy does not help any of my interests. Knicks are my interest.
If Frank is named to the all defense team, its not because he is a PG or a SG, its how he guards the position. Pippen was a small forward who also guarded Isiah Thomas or magic Johnson in the playoffs. It was about defense.
We have read over and over how Fiz does not do positions. Who cares who runs the team as long as the process is effective.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2018  1:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:if James Dolan wins a Grammy, how would you feel about him?

At least there's a chance Frank could win defensive player of year at some point? J. Noah has a better chance of winning DPOY than Dolan has of winning a Grammy.

Dolan made the tonight show. Isn't that comparable to being in the rising stars challenge?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
7/26/2018  1:24 PM

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/26/2018  1:45 PM
If the offense stays more or less the same. Id try to trade Frank as part of a package for Fultz or another rising PG, if the opportunity presents itself.

Frank isnt our PG of the future, as much as some want him to be. If Perry/Mills have a shot at bringing in a PG who fits the bill. On the right timeline, early part of their career, I hope the Knicks take it.

If it means trading a role player to find a future star at PG, so be it.

Would be tough to swing a deal with Philly though.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/26/2018  2:52 PM
If Dolan played the Tonight Show - that must mean Jimmy Fallon has lifetime front row Knicks seats
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/26/2018  3:53 PM
I was and am still high on him.

I feel like Frank can accomplish a lot this coming season but DPOY is a lot. He needs a lot of positive spotlight and he’s already got a tough start with NY radio consistently trashing him. Just listen to SAS, Kay, Humpy, Canty and Rothenberg. They all trash him. We as die-hard bball/Knicks fans know what he can bring but we hardly matter at the end lf the day.

Lets just go with continued really good defense and more confidence to drive and an improved jumper and that will be great for starters.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

7/26/2018  3:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dolan made the tonight show. Isn't that comparable to being in the rising stars challenge?

That's tough lol The band would be a lot better if they got a better vocalist. But he's the one with the connections and money. He's like that one friend who would invite you over and make you watch him play videogames.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/26/2018  6:10 PM

Think it would make him a solid piece of the team and justify a first round pick.

However, think there is a sense that anyone that was disappointed with Frank as the 8th pick thinks he is a terrible player. Or that we don't want him to succeed.

Some of us felt that there were players with a higher ceiling and could be bigger impact available.

Imo, he would have to be more than just a defensive stop with major flaws on offense to justify a lottery pick. Do not think the FO picked him with visons of becoming the next Andre Roberson.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/26/2018  6:51 PM
Nalod wrote:Dolan wins a grammy does not help any of my interests. Knicks are my interest.
If Frank is named to the all defense team, its not because he is a PG or a SG, its how he guards the position. Pippen was a small forward who also guarded Isiah Thomas or magic Johnson in the playoffs. It was about defense.
We have read over and over how Fiz does not do positions. Who cares who runs the team as long as the process is effective.

thanks for not being annoying.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/26/2018  6:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2018  6:59 PM
Nalod wrote:Dolan wins a grammy does not help any of my interests. Knicks are my interest.

The people who want to constantly bitch about him want to put him in a box and assign blame to him. It's what they do.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/26/2018  7:47 PM

Thats fine but the Knicks better get another player that can run the offense and can score 20 points to play in the backcourt with him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG

7/26/2018  7:58 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

The people who want to constantly bitch about him want to put him in a box and assign blame to him. It's what they do.

We have an impatient fanbase. We'd be able to rebuild on the fly like the Celts if we had competent GMs in the past who called things like draft picks,cap space etc. We didn't. This is how a rebuild looks like. Some rookies blast out the gate, some take time. Frank is a hard worker and I'm sure he'll improve. We missed out on Donovan Mitchell. So did a bunch of other teams. Frank can't dunk like DSJ. So what. Frank has shown himself to be real good at one thing already. DSJ is still a work in progress on both side of the ball. Phil picked him? Well Phil picked Kristaps and Willy, a guy some of you guys are still going on about. Hell, even Grant has turned out to be decent player. Then are some people who just gonna hate on Frank cuz he's Frank. He doesn't have a street ball game and isn't a protypical NY point guard. Nevermind the fact that LA, NJ, NC and other states have been producing more stars at the position than NY has over the past few decades.
If Frank makes the NBA all defensive team......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy