7/25/2018  5:07 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/25/2018  5:53 PM
Westchesters backcourt will probably be Allen and Trier.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/25/2018  6:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Westchesters backcourt will probably be Allen and Trier.

Under the radar moves that can pay dividends down the road.
Teammates in college that will push each other.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/25/2018  6:59 PM
So this is a big PG that played at AZ I believe at the age of 24.

Apparently an NBA ready defender but also a kid that put up +40 in dleague last year for Red Claws.

Watching some film --- I like his size and he has some wiggle.....like that he is big/long with defensive skill-set.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/25/2018  7:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2018  7:16 PM
LivingLegend wrote:So this is a big PG that played at AZ I believe at the age of 24.

Apparently an NBA ready defender but also a kid that put up +40 in dleague last year for Red Claws.

Watching some film --- I like his size and he has some wiggle.....like that he is big/long with defensive skill-set.

Sounds like starter qualities.....Will be a great practice player.....And I'm serious. Because the league is long and athletic.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/25/2018  8:16 PM
Think he will take Hicks’ 2-way contract then eventually Baker’s spot on the roster.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/25/2018  8:31 PM
TLover wrote:Think he will take Hicks’ 2-way contract then eventually Baker’s spot on the roster.

Hicks and Baker are both bums, I don't mind someone else getting a shot so we can see what he does.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/25/2018  9:19 PM
The FO has been true to their word -- recent draft picks and signings have emphasized youth, athleticism, and to a great extent defense.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/26/2018  10:55 AM
Allen looks decent. Not sure what the thinking is but I am guess Mudiay or Baker are done. The Knicks are risking having too much young talent. Fizdale is going to have his hands full keeping everything together.
Trust the Process
LivingLegend

7/26/2018  11:54 AM
TheGame wrote:Allen looks decent. Not sure what the thinking is but I am guess Mudiay or Baker are done. The Knicks are risking having too much young talent. Fizdale is going to have his hands full keeping everything together.

Being obviously optimistic here but this kid just gives off a great vibe —- feels like a young kid the Heat would bring along. Like that he is really big but is a defender first.

Would just love to leave camp with a roster that has some legit defensive dogs on it with lots of size and length 1-5

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/26/2018  11:56 AM
I asked a buddy of mine who's a Cs fan about this... His take:

He said that he's a typical Brad Stevens player. Said he's really strong and athletic. He has no jumper though. If he can develop his shot he should be a player

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/26/2018  12:26 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I asked a buddy of mine who's a Cs fan about this... His take:

He said that he's a typical Brad Stevens player. Said he's really strong and athletic. He has no jumper though. If he can develop his shot he should be a player

I saw some his G-League highlights and, to be honest, I liked his game better than Triers. Makes quick moves offensively and is a stout defensive player. Keep in mind, he was a 25-year-old player player at the time. I think I liked XRM's game better, overall,from a developmental standpoint, it probably makes sense to force feed Trier a lot of those PG minutes. But this move makes our G-League team a lot better. Maybe Allen discovers his J at the NBA level? It seems that's all that's keeping him from the league.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/26/2018  6:15 PM
Another freshman for Fizdale U, lol.

Im glad Fizdale is confident in his ability to develop talent. Also glad Perry/Mills are providing him the players, and the opportunity to show it.

I'll say this about Dolan, he's giving the Knicks enough room to build something. Hopefully a contender in a few years.

Knicks dont feel like a desperate organization these days.

knickinthehead
Member: #7517

7/26/2018  8:11 PM
used to be a Celtic.
blkexec
7/27/2018  6:51 AM
According to my AZ connections.. he watched him play in college....UofA

He said the same thing about trier... both are undersized 2 guards. Sounds like he will join the movement of positionless players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
LivingLegend

7/27/2018  10:58 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I asked a buddy of mine who's a Cs fan about this... His take:

Looking at some of his combine measurements and athletic testing.

6'1" without shoes but a 6'9.5" wingspan. Verticals looked good at 33" Stand Vert and I believe 35.5" Max Vert

His shot form looks pretty solid to me -- read a Schmitz piece where he noted he struggles with his confidence but kid put up 46 in D-League last year and was 1st team all D-League defender I believe. He was JUCO player of year before moving onto AZ -- if you watch some of his tape -- he really is a solid strong defender who moves his feet and contests shot with long reach. Reach is longer than 6'6" tall Terrence Ferguson for example.

Schmitz referred to him as a 3D player because his on ball skills and instincts were limited but I think D-League time has helped this kid considerable.

I actually have some hope for this player and at a minimum love this type of hard nosed player to bring into camp and make things a dog fight.

blkexec
7/27/2018  2:15 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

6'1" without shoes but a 6'9.5" wingspan. Verticals looked good at 33" Stand Vert and I believe 35.5" Max Vert

His shot form looks pretty solid to me -- read a Schmitz piece where he noted he struggles with his confidence but kid put up 46 in D-League last year and was 1st team all D-League defender I believe. He was JUCO player of year before moving onto AZ -- if you watch some of his tape -- he really is a solid strong defender who moves his feet and contests shot with long reach. Reach is longer than 6'6" tall Terrence Ferguson for example.

Schmitz referred to him as a 3D player because his on ball skills and instincts were limited but I think D-League time has helped this kid considerable.

I actually have some hope for this player and at a minimum love this type of hard nosed player to bring into camp and make things a dog fight.

If we put all the players Fiz and the FO picked, compared to the players that were here b4 Fiz. I think since our new coaching arrival, we've added more positionless players with some dog in them. Exactly what Fiz said in his press conference. At a minimum, those players will bring it in practice. And it's going to be very telling to see the different contrast with these new long athletes we have at the end of the bench.....Because you know they are hungry, which will give Frank and Burke plenty of work during practice. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are called up a lot and part of the main rotation. We are also primed for a trade. Very nice low risk additions this off season.

BigDaddyG

7/27/2018  2:27 PM
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

If we put all the players Fiz and the FO picked, compared to the players that were here b4 Fiz. I think since our new coaching arrival, we've added more positionless players with some dog in them. Exactly what Fiz said in his press conference. At a minimum, those players will bring it in practice. And it's going to be very telling to see the different contrast with these new long athletes we have at the end of the bench.....Because you know they are hungry, which will give Frank and Burke plenty of work during practice. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are called up a lot and part of the main rotation. We are also primed for a trade. Very nice low risk additions this off season.

This exactly what Miami has done. I like this approach. The only thing you have to worry about is that you have to pay these guys if they ever blow up. A Tyler Johnson contract here, a Josh Richardson contract there...all of a sudden you're treadmill team with little cap flexibility. We're a long way from that, but it's something to think about if guys like Mario and Vonleh ever put it together this season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/27/2018  3:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

This exactly what Miami has done. I like this approach. The only thing you have to worry about is that you have to pay these guys if they ever blow up. A Tyler Johnson contract here, a Josh Richardson contract there...all of a sudden you're treadmill team with little cap flexibility. We're a long way from that, but it's something to think about if guys like Mario and Vonleh ever put it together this season.

Its ok if some players do well because others won't.
ANd if we get shorted like we did ATL with Hardaway (He is going to blossom this year), then so be it.
We become a place for players will come to succeed. Some stick, some suck, some move on to bigger paychecks. Not a bad gig.
The best teams castoffs are often good players! We can't worry about keeping them all.
Somewhere Baker is staring at his bank statement and counting his lucky stars! He likely gets a chance because of his deal but the competition will be a much larger pool than in the past.
Do I see Baker in a Celtic uniform because he is a big strong kid and would do well on a more advanced team, or cuz white guys are history Celtic player?
Remember when Marbury was a celtic? Weird, not cuz he is black, but its Marbury!

BigDaddyG

7/27/2018  3:40 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Its ok if some players do well because others won't.
ANd if we get shorted like we did ATL with Hardaway (He is going to blossom this year), then so be it.
We become a place for players will come to succeed. Some stick, some suck, some move on to bigger paychecks. Not a bad gig.
The best teams castoffs are often good players! We can't worry about keeping them all.
Somewhere Baker is staring at his bank statement and counting his lucky stars! He likely gets a chance because of his deal but the competition will be a much larger pool than in the past.
Do I see Baker in a Celtic uniform because he is a big strong kid and would do well on a more advanced team, or cuz white guys are history Celtic player?
Remember when Marbury was a celtic? Weird, not cuz he is black, but its Marbury!

I like to think Ron transcends race. I mean look at that hair. That's not the mane of a mortal. That's the flowing locks of a god. You know who shares the same Midwestern back ground? That's right, Superman. That's right, you heard it here first. Ron is Kryptonian.

Knicks signed Kadeem Allen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy