Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/25/2018  9:04 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
LegendD wrote:

why the hell is that scar so big!! I have had ACL surgery...scar wasn't that big and you have to continually keep rubbing it, it eventually goes away.

for me: why the hell is the scar off to the side of the knee. I think he had Patella Tendon replacement for his ACL and it usually comes from the middle of the patella, right down the middle. Very strange, never seen it this way

Middle is correct, I wonder if there is a new procedure that takes from the edge of the patellar.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/25/2018  9:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Does KP deserve a Max contract, I'm looking at things from a steph curry/GSW prospective. They refuse to give curry a max offer after his rookie contract because of consistent ankle injuries. They played it smart and offered him a reasonable deal.

I'm not sure you can go to Janis and say here's a 2 yr deal for your boy, take it or leave it. I really wouldn't go beyond that..It's too risky.

I think with this coaching staff should get 35 to 40 wins(barring any major injuries to anyone else) , nothing less.

40 wins? Knicks big offseason acquisition were teenagers and you think they should win 10-15 more games than they did last year? Why?

Don't confudse "projecting" with "thinking".

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/26/2018  6:06 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Does KP deserve a Max contract

Positional value. Rarity of skill set.

Very few players either can or have the potential to ( talking about their floor, not their ceiling) to defend the rim AND space the floor at plus three point range as a subset of being able to create their own shot at will at an elite level.

The Big Three Heat had a suffocating defense. LBJ and Wade could both defend the rim. When Birdman showed up, both could roll in and out with Battier and Bosh. That Wade could once defend the rim is a bizarre anomaly. Bosh, LJB and Wade could create their own shot at will.

I'd say there are maybe 3-4 players in the entire league who fit in this category. Elite rim protector. Elite long range gunner. Can create their own shot at will.

The most valuable "to be" free agent is actually Draymond Green. He doesn't have plus range from three point land, but he can defend all five positions and defend the rim and switch on anyone. His fundamentals and timing are off the chart.

Zinger has not earned the max, but his skill set is so rare, any team in the league will give it to him anyway.

Yep doesn't matter if he earned it or not when someone else will step in and give it to him.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/26/2018  7:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2018  7:18 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Very few players either can or have the potential to ( talking about their floor, not their ceiling) to defend the rim AND space the floor at plus three point range as a subset of being able to create their own shot at will at an elite level.

The Big Three Heat had a suffocating defense. LBJ and Wade could both defend the rim. When Birdman showed up, both could roll in and out with Battier and Bosh. That Wade could once defend the rim is a bizarre anomaly. Bosh, LJB and Wade could create their own shot at will.

I'd say there are maybe 3-4 players in the entire league who fit in this category. Elite rim protector. Elite long range gunner. Can create their own shot at will.

The most valuable "to be" free agent is actually Draymond Green. He doesn't have plus range from three point land, but he can defend all five positions and defend the rim and switch on anyone. His fundamentals and timing are off the chart.

Zinger has not earned the max, but his skill set is so rare, any team in the league will give it to him anyway.

Of course he’s worth the max. He has the potential to be the greatest knick of all time if things go right. He has the perfect skill set for a modern big.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/26/2018  8:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Zinger has not earned the max, but his skill set is so rare, any team in the league will give it to him
anyway.

Of course he’s worth the max. He has the potential to be the greatest knick of all time if things go right. He has the perfect skill set for a modern big.

I think both of you have solid points, but the health factor still remains a concern. Of course the potential has me drooling, but his games played (2015)72 (2016)66 (2017)48, and 2018 (probably 40 games, and half of those will be on a minute restriction). Un fortunately, That should not be rewarded with a max contract

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2018  8:32 AM
some fans won’t agree to pay for potential. Have to have some imagination and the balls to make tough decisions in real time. Fans can look back with the luxury of making multiple opinions. For example we forget there are windows to make decisions, draft picks, trades, etc. We as fans forget timelines.
Knixkik
USA
7/26/2018  8:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Zinger has not earned the max, but his skill set is so rare, any team in the league will give it to him
anyway.

I think both of you have solid points, but the health factor still remains a concern. Of course the potential has me drooling, but his games played (2015)72 (2016)66 (2017)48, and 2018 (probably 40 games, and half of those will be on a minute restriction). Un fortunately, That should not be rewarded with a max contract

Any player can get injured though. The league has a short memory on Embiid missing 3 full seasons. Most are penciling them in as a top EC team like Embiid is a lock for 70+ games. You can't pay guys based on what-ifs. There are only a few Lebron-type iron man stars in the league. Everyone is a health risk to an extent and we have a league where the top 30-40 players are all making max money. Whether that's right or wrong, that's the market. Porzingis is one of the few players in the league who can legitimately impact the game at a high level on both ends of the floor. Only a few guys in the league have both MVP potential and DPOY potential, and he isn't even 23 years old yet.

knicks1248
7/26/2018  10:02 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Any player can get injured though. The league has a short memory on Embiid missing 3 full seasons. Most are penciling them in as a top EC team like Embiid is a lock for 70+ games. You can't pay guys based on what-ifs. There are only a few Lebron-type iron man stars in the league. Everyone is a health risk to an extent and we have a league where the top 30-40 players are all making max money. Whether that's right or wrong, that's the market. Porzingis is one of the few players in the league who can legitimately impact the game at a high level on both ends of the floor. Only a few guys in the league have both MVP potential and DPOY potential, and he isn't even 23 years old yet.

Here's a fair question

At what point has KP shown he could carry a team other than the 2 to 3 wks in november last season.

failing to play in both GSW games last season for the purpose of rest, i mean even walt, wally and breen question that decision, Fatigue in december, elbow injury, shoulder injury, constantly getting toss to the ground to the point i thought he was flopping.

Is it a Batman or a Robin?

ES
Knixkik
USA
7/26/2018  10:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2018  10:10 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

At what point has KP shown he could carry a team other than the 2 to 3 wks in november last season.

failing to play in both GSW games last season for the purpose of rest, i mean even walt, wally and breen question that decision, Fatigue in december, elbow injury, shoulder injury, constantly getting toss to the ground to the point i thought he was flopping.

There's only a few players in league history who were capable of carrying a team by age 22. I don't think it's a fair question at this point. The way our team competed pre-injury vs. being one of the worst teams in the league post injury speaks for itself of the impact he had. We couldn't win or even compete in games after he went down.

Nalod
USA
7/26/2018  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2018  10:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

Are you the Joker or the Riddler?
Team was above .500 in his first two months as the no. 1 option. Timmy was in his first stint as the no. 2 option. Neither had filled the role prior. KP was a bonafide allstar in the first half of the season.
Knick fans are not trusting of the process of potential. Timmy's contract has many doubters. I get it.
Knicks1248, you need to have evidence but at some point you might understand the concept of paying for potential. You might not agree with it but you have to understand it.

knicks1248
7/26/2018  10:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

There's only a few players in league history who were capable of carrying a team by age 22. I don't think it's a fair question at this point. The way our team competed pre-injury vs. being one of the worst teams in the league post injury speaks for itself of the impact he had. We couldn't win or even compete in games after he went down.

When he got injured we were 2-8 in his last 10 games, some of them blow outs.

Are you paying for what his done, or what he can potentially do.

Phil paid Melo mostly because of what he had basically done in the past or earned, and also what he can potentially do in the future. They ripped phil apart. Similar situation with THJ, he showed some good flashes and was rewarded with a over-the-top contract.

To max a guy out after an acl injury is not a smart move, and shouldn't be hard to negotiate. i would give KP the same amount of money THJ got

ES
Knixkik
USA
7/26/2018  10:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2018  10:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

Phil paid Melo mostly because of what he had basically done in the past or earned, and also what he can potentially do in the future. They ripped phil apart. Similar situation with THJ, he showed some good flashes and was rewarded with a over-the-top contract.

To max a guy out after an acl injury is not a smart move, and shouldn't be hard to negotiate. i would give KP the same amount of money THJ got

Then he will decline that offer and you will lose him. His trade value will drop because he can dictate where he wants to go. He will get the max someplace else and if he explodes, we will once again be the laughing stock of the league, something we are working hard to move away from. I understand the concern but you need to be realistic about how this thing works. Maxing him out for what could be a very bright future is not even debatable. No one who works in the NBA right now will argue that he is not a max contract player based on the market and his age/skillset. Maybe you can get some qualifiers in there to have some protection, but saying he should make what an NBA role player makes today is a joke and you sound like you're just trolling.

Nalod
USA
7/26/2018  1:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

Your using a 2-8 stretch as your basis?
was THjr out? He was the 2nd option.
Was he over used? Perhaps.
Was schedule harder in that stretch than before? No doubt.
Was he putting up all star numbers? Mostly.
The greek Freak is paid based on his potential, not winning.
Anthony Davis got what ever he wanted despite his fragile nature.
KP's trajectory is very very good.
Forget everything, you ever see a guy 7'3 do what he does sometimes? The instincts?, the passing?, the dexterity?, the handle? and the Motor?
I'd rather pay for potential then pay for passed performance given our current timeline.

knicks1248
7/26/2018  3:53 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

Forget everything, you ever see a guy 7'3 do what he does sometimes? The instincts?, the passing?, the dexterity?, the handle? and the Motor?
I'd rather pay for potential then pay for passed performance given our current timeline.

Look the concerns i have are from 1000's of fans on real gm and youtube. I know you just didnt compare the greek freak who has miss a total of 15 games in 5 season, and Anthony davis who's better than KP right now and in his 4th yr, kp shot 39%, davis over 50, very bad comparison.

ES
Knixkik
USA
7/26/2018  3:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

Look the concerns i have are from 1000's of fans on real gm and youtube. I know you just didnt compare the greek freak who has miss a total of 15 games in 5 season, and Anthony davis who's better than KP right now and in his 4th yr, kp shot 39%, davis over 50, very bad comparison.

Bottom line is saying you are going to offer him Hardaway money is pointless because it's not realistic. Sure i wish we could get stars to come here for 18 mil a year, but it will never happen. No one will argue that Porzingis has franchise star potential. He is about to turn 23, so obviously you judge his value on his projection, not his accomplishments to this point. He's a guy you have to pay what the market dictates because you can't afford the alternative of losing him or being viewed as a poorly managed franchise who tries to pinch pennies. We are dealing with a player we want to be a big part of a future contender, and you don't insult him. Pay that guy and hope for the best.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/27/2018  8:05 AM
I think KP will get max offers. He's worth what teams are willing to pay him. As others have pointed out, he has a very unique set of skills...

...skills that will earn him a max contract. It doesn't really matter if he's Batman, Robin, or Alfred. His presence on both ends causes mismatches and forces the opposing team to make adjustments.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
7/27/2018  8:41 AM
So a guy who has shown that he can only play 65% of regular seasons games shooting 39% deserves a $155 million. Of the 65% of the games he plays, your only winning 50% of those.

If I'm KP, I'm not signing a 4 yr contract if the team isn't committed to winning. Right now they are committed to developing, that may take years because of the lack of star power around the young players.

Fortunate for him, the timing is perfect because the knicks will have cap next off season, and if they can't bring in a significant piece, then you have to be concern.

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/27/2018  9:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:So a guy who has shown that he can only play 65% of regular seasons games shooting 39% deserves a $155 million. Of the 65% of the games he plays, your only winning 50% of those.

If I'm KP, I'm not signing a 4 yr contract if the team isn't committed to winning. Right now they are committed to developing, that may take years because of the lack of star power around the young players.

Fortunate for him, the timing is perfect because the knicks will have cap next off season, and if they can't bring in a significant piece, then you have to be concern.

I agree with you.

KP looked like an franchise altering talent for a two week stretch at the start of the season.

Then he got tired.

WTF!

And got hurt.

Yes, he is young. And I hope his body matures and can better sustain the rigors of the NBA.

But, if he gets maxed out and turns into Ralph Sampson - the player I always think of with KP comparisons, we're pretty screwed.

But I don't know how we can navigate that concern and retain him with anything less than the max. Other teams will definitely offer him the max.

I think it's why Phil thought about trading him.

Nalod
USA
7/27/2018  12:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

anyway.

Here's a fair question

Im comparing talent and expectations. Milwaukee has not exactly lit the world on fire in conjunction with the hype bestowed upon the Freak. Giannis is a wonderful player and been healthy. No direct comparison.
Davis finally had a full great season.
KP has this kind of break out talent. That's where I went to.
RealGM and YOutubes is filled with "excitable" fans. It does not validate a thing. Trump fills arenas with morons.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/27/2018  12:27 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I think both of you have solid points, but the health factor still remains a concern. Of course the potential has me drooling, but his games played (2015)72 (2016)66 (2017)48, and 2018 (probably 40 games, and half of those will be on a minute restriction). Un fortunately, That should not be rewarded with a max contract

"Positional Value" and "Positional Scarcity" ( both basic resource management terms in sports) are critical factors here.

If you include my high school, my college and my pro years, I played in the trenches for about two decades. Most of the other guys on my line were either medium "gainers" or fast "gainers" ( There aren't really too many hard gainers that can sustain at a pro level) Many of the guys needed to get "clocked" for their feeding. What it means is sometimes, for some guys, they'd have to have an alarm go off at 2AM, their wives would be up at 1AM already cooking. And then you'd have to eat chicken and pasta. Some guys, if they could tolerate it, would do a gallon of milk a day. The injury attrition rate was bad. In modern times, it's not so uncommon to see your left tackle or guard get hurt and be out for the rest of the year. ( That's what makes Joe Thomas, and in a previous era, Jackie Slater, so fascinating as a case study) The human body was not meant to carry that much weight and have that kind of consistent pounding/movement patterns. Like a lot of guys, once I retired, I dropped a ton of weight. Maybe not Nate Newton type weight, but it's just too hard on the joints and any kind of real lifestyle. People sometimes wonder how Jordan got so fat between his Bulls and Wizards years. The amount of calories you need to sustain a pro lifestyle is pretty staggering. There's a video somewhere of Tyson Chandler's off time, he has a full time chef/cook on his staff. Because managing just the food/nutrition is literally a full time job. Many guys here are just regular working stiffs, and just trying to eat clean/healthy, that takes time, money, effort. There's a reason most Americans eat like trash, it's the path of least resistance.

wow, thank

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Why Frazier thinks we should rest kp and tank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy