[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wasserman: Hot Takes from the SL: Mitchell Robinson is a better prospect than Bagley and Bamba
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/20/2018  10:27 AM
Mitchell Robinson skipped college and the NBA combine. He didn't play organized ball for a year, and scouts hadn't seen him outside workout settings since the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic (15 points, 7-of-7 FG). They should have rolled the dice anyway.

He led all of summer league in player efficiency rating (minimum four games), and now the question is, just how big of a steal did the New York Knicks get?

Hot take: He'll be better than two Top Six bigs in Marvin Bagley III and Mohamed Bamba.

Despite missing a season's worth of action, Robinson proved his athleticism and timing haven't gone anywhere. He set a record dating back to 2004, blocking 4.0 shots per game in just 24.7 minutes, per RealGM.com.

We've already established that Bagley will have trouble in the pros. And while Bamba has the chance to be special, Robinson brings a whole new level of explosiveness, power and energy in the paint.

His 14.0 percent block rate and 21.3 rebounding percentage blew away Bamba's (9.4 percent BLK, 14.1 percent REB). He didn't take jumpers in Las Vegas, but Robinson still averaged 13.0 points on 66.7 percent from the field.

Robinson has a better chance to be Clint Capela 2.0 than Bamba does to be the next Rudy Gobert.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2786790-hot-takes-from-2018-nba-summer-league?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national#slide0
To be clear, Wasserman clarifies that this is based on summer league performance and is a hot take. He has been very clear in the two articles he has written (redraft) that it is early on in the process and only the summer league. No need to double down on the, its too early mantra again.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
7/20/2018  10:29 AM
Knox should have gone top 5.
It looks like Kevin Knox was misused at Kentucky based on what he showed during summer league, where he averaged 21.3 points.

It became clear that he's far more threatening off the dribble than initially expected. Knox went from an off-ball role to the Knicks' featured player, and it helped illuminate strengths that were masked in college.

At 6'9", 212 pounds, Knox blends power forward size with guard skills, specifically the ability to face up and attack, shoot off the dribble and knock down threes. He's big and athletic, loaded with scoring versatility that hints at a combo-forward mismatch down the road.

And he hasn't turned 19 years old yet.

Knox went No. 9, and there will still be a handful of teams in the top eight who'll regret overlooking him as an option.

A Rookie of the Year sleeper, the Knicks' newest cornerstone is going to emerge as one of the draft's top players over others who received far more hype prior to the 2018 draft.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/20/2018  10:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Knox should have gone top 5.
It looks like Kevin Knox was misused at Kentucky based on what he showed during summer league, where he averaged 21.3 points.

It became clear that he's far more threatening off the dribble than initially expected. Knox went from an off-ball role to the Knicks' featured player, and it helped illuminate strengths that were masked in college.

At 6'9", 212 pounds, Knox blends power forward size with guard skills, specifically the ability to face up and attack, shoot off the dribble and knock down threes. He's big and athletic, loaded with scoring versatility that hints at a combo-forward mismatch down the road.

And he hasn't turned 19 years old yet.

Knox went No. 9, and there will still be a handful of teams in the top eight who'll regret overlooking him as an option.

A Rookie of the Year sleeper, the Knicks' newest cornerstone is going to emerge as one of the draft's top players over others who received far more hype prior to the 2018 draft.

I created a player in 2k18 with his exact measurables, before I knew who we were drafting. And this size and skill is a problem for most on the game. If anybody plays 2k18, let me know.

Back to knox....he's the sh!t.....nothing more to add. lol....Life is the only thing that can slow him down.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/20/2018  11:18 AM
It IS early and the claims are outlandish. Let's wait till we see what Robinson does for a full NBA season. It's ok to hope he will outshine those two,but that's all it is right now.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/20/2018  11:22 AM
I think Porzingis may end up being the Robin to Knox the Batman!

And I say that only half kidding - to impact the game today, you have to be able to dribble and attack the basket - KP is simply too tall to do that effectively.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/20/2018  11:29 AM
Kp and KK will both be Franks bytches!!!!!
Just kidding, Love the summerleague buzz. Just kick back and enjoy it.
Clean
Member: #743
7/20/2018  11:51 AM
Nalod wrote:Kp and KK will both be Franks bytches!!!!!
Just kidding, Love the summerleague buzz. Just kick back and enjoy it.

This is how I see it as well. Who cares if we put too much stock in stuff like summer league sometimes. It's part of the fun of being a fan. You get to project greatness on a young prospect in the hope of it becoming a reality. We all know 95% of the young prospects will never reach greatness but this part of the process is still fun.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/20/2018  11:52 AM
franco12 wrote:I think Porzingis may end up being the Robin to Knox the Batman!

And I say that only half kidding - to impact the game today, you have to be able to dribble and attack the basket - KP is simply too tall to do that effectively.

your probably right, but the way JH and rambis used KP was retarded, especially when the scouting report was in after that blazing hot start..remember they started posting him up and watching him get doubled and triple team.

He is going to be more of a face up like bosh was in Miami with bron and wade

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/20/2018  12:00 PM
Would like to see RM become a stretch 4 eliminator. The combination of KP, RM, KK, FN could be something special defensively given the length and instincts on the perimeter with the length and instincts in the paint.

Just think you would have to get by the top PNR defender in the NBA only to have to deal with instinctive lengthy shot blockers like RM & KP.

With these guys all being able to contribute in some capacity without needing the ball in their hands. Any ball dominant player that is brought in. It wont be stated that they don't have enough help.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/20/2018  12:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:I think Porzingis may end up being the Robin to Knox the Batman!

your probably right, but the way JH and rambis used KP was retarded, especially when the scouting report was in after that blazing hot start..remember they started posting him up and watching him get doubled and triple team.

He is going to be more of a face up like bosh was in Miami with bron and wade

I agree. He should not be doing much iso. He should be running off free throw extended screens and catch and shoot from 10-15 feet. Pick and pop to the 3-point line. Pick and roll to an easy finish around the basket. We can make the game easy for him and he can average 23 and 8 on 50% shooting/40% from 3pt.

CrushAlot
USA
7/20/2018  12:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:It IS early and the claims are outlandish. Let's wait till we see what Robinson does for a full NBA season. It's ok to hope he will outshine those two,but that's all it is right now.
Did you miss this in the initial post?
To be clear, Wasserman clarifies that this is based on summer league performance and is a hot take. He has been very clear in the two articles he has written (redraft) that it is early on in the process and only the summer league. No need to double down on the, its too early mantra again.
franco12
USA
7/20/2018  1:55 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Would like to see RM become a stretch 4 eliminator. The combination of KP, RM, KK, FN could be something special defensively given the length and instincts on the perimeter with the length and instincts in the paint.

Just think you would have to get by the top PNR defender in the NBA only to have to deal with instinctive lengthy shot blockers like RM & KP.

With these guys all being able to contribute in some capacity without needing the ball in their hands. Any ball dominant player that is brought in. It wont be stated that they don't have enough help.

Who is RM?

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/20/2018  2:05 PM
franco12 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Would like to see RM become a stretch 4 eliminator. The combination of KP, RM, KK, FN could be something special defensively given the length and instincts on the perimeter with the length and instincts in the paint.

Who is RM?

I developed the bad habit of pronouncing his name backwards as for some reason it's more catchy to me.lol. Robinson Mitchell sounds like a future superstar. Mitchel Robinson just another solid player

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
franco12
USA
7/20/2018  2:08 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Who is RM?

I developed the bad habit of pronouncing his name backwards as for some reason it's more catchy to me.lol. Robinson Mitchell sounds like a future superstar. Mitchel Robinson just another solid player

it could be that he is so athletic, he can be in 2 places at once!

meloshouldgo

7/20/2018  4:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:It IS early and the claims are outlandish. Let's wait till we see what Robinson does for a full NBA season. It's ok to hope he will outshine those two,but that's all it is right now.
Did you miss this in the initial post?

nope

CrushAlot
USA
7/20/2018  11:14 PM

I think Robinson is a 5. But he definitely could be an eliminator. The guy ran baseline to baseline in 2.8 seconds in high school.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/21/2018  6:56 PM
Mitch is a physical FREAK! He has even more skills than he showed in SL. His agility and Quickness at his size is scary. He just needs time n Training to refine his game and adjust to NBA Level competition. Love his potential.
meloshouldgo

7/21/2018  9:56 PM
nixluva wrote:Mitch is a physical FREAK! He has even more skills than he showed in SL. His agility and Quickness at his size is scary. He just needs time n Training to refine his game and adjust to NBA Level competition. Love his potential.

I actually think he needs to slow down a bit. Freakishly athletic bigs don't last long in the NBA, this kid is too skilled to waste on a freak injury. What he needs is a ton of coaching and tough love when he gets out of line.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/21/2018  11:04 PM
We drafted a championship team. It will be the end of the season before the rest of the league acknowledges it but we essentially have deandre Jordan, KP, Paul George, Hardaway, and a young Chauncey Billups on our team. Add Kyrie and this team pushes for the championship next year. Scott Perry for executive of the year. Yes, I said it.
Trust the Process
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
7/22/2018  4:02 AM
Props to matching Nixlevel faith. Seldom seen here and I love it. I have different comparisons for Knox and Frank but I like the positive vision.
TheGame wrote:We drafted a championship team. It will be the end of the season before the rest of the league acknowledges it but we essentially have deandre Jordan, KP, Paul George, Hardaway, and a young Chauncey Billups on our team. Add Kyrie and this team pushes for the championship next year. Scott Perry for executive of the year. Yes, I said it.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Wasserman: Hot Takes from the SL: Mitchell Robinson is a better prospect than Bagley and Bamba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy