[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks/Wolves have had preliminary trade talks regarding Butler/Maybe Bogus
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/20/2018  9:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:You have a bad habit of editing my post down to one sentence

As for Fizdale, it isnt about what players say to the media, its about what players say to other players about their coaches when deciding where to go.

Two sentences. Because I'm very diplomatic at heart.

- Max money ( total overall deal/highest AAV)
- Max length of contract ( including possibility of player option, NTC, trade kicker, etc)
- Pathway to winning/contention/playoffs versus not
- Pathway to starting versus not
- Pathway to playing time ( most versus little to none)
- Pathway to ring chase
- Pathway just to stay in the league ( accrue service time to either get a pension or increase it's value)
- Possible endorsements
- Lifestyle of city in question
- Impact on family/wife/kids

- 75 other factors

Big gap here

Much bigger gap here

It's the Grand Canyon

It's the size of blkexecs base narcissism aka "It's all about ME, all the time, let's spend some time talking more about ME! ME! ME! Anyone got a mirror I can stare into?"

And finally,

- What players say to other players about their coaches

No one was going to offer Noah the contract that Phil Jackson offered him. No one.

Luol Deng (whispers) - "Hey dude, Jax, man, he doesn't floss. Not at all. That's some grim ass ****, yo"

Noah ( while gently brushing Deng along the cheek) - "I draw the line at dental hygeine! I'm going to turn down this massive contract that no one else in their right mind would give me! Deuces, mother****ers!"

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/20/2018  10:04 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:You have a bad habit of editing my post down to one sentence

As for Fizdale, it isnt about what players say to the media, its about what players say to other players about their coaches when deciding where to go.

Two sentences. Because I'm very diplomatic at heart.

- Max money ( total overall deal/highest AAV)
- Max length of contract ( including possibility of player option, NTC, trade kicker, etc)
- Pathway to winning/contention/playoffs versus not
- Pathway to starting versus not
- Pathway to playing time ( most versus little to none)
- Pathway to ring chase
- Pathway just to stay in the league ( accrue service time to either get a pension or increase it's value)
- Possible endorsements
- Lifestyle of city in question
- Impact on family/wife/kids

- 75 other factors

Big gap here

Much bigger gap here

It's the Grand Canyon

It's the size of blkexecs base narcissism aka "It's all about ME, all the time, let's spend some time talking more about ME! ME! ME! Anyone got a mirror I can stare into?"

And finally,

- What players say to other players about their coaches

No one was going to offer Noah the contract that Phil Jackson offered him. No one.

Luol Deng (whispers) - "Hey dude, Jax, man, he doesn't floss. Not at all. That's some grim ass ****, yo"

Noah ( while gently brushing Deng along the cheek) - "I draw the line at dental hygeine! I'm going to turn down this massive contract that no one else in their right mind would give me! Deuces, mother****ers!"

Not diplomatic, weak. You did it again.

You are claiming that a player doesnt care at all who his coach is, when that dynamic plays a huge part in a team's success. Most of those "pathways" you cited runs through the coach.

Players who have actual experience with a certain coach would have insight about them that you, and most others wouldnt have. You can find many players on record over the years talking about asking other players.about a coach, before making a decision. Far more than have said that the coach doesnt matter. You seem to believe that players dont value the opinions of their peers.

You want to plant your flag on those ridiculous assumptions, have at it.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/20/2018  11:41 AM
what Melo said and what he did on the court was not consistent thru the years.
He maintained leverage because of his talent, then his contract.
He is not different than most NBA players BTW. They all tell us what we want to hear.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/20/2018  2:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Can we all just agree there is no way in hell that Butler will want to sign here long term! So why trade ANY assets besides salary dumps in order to get him?

there's already been several rumors that butler WANTS to play here. im not sure about fizdale the coach yet (he hasn't coached a game for us yet) but it sure sounds like fizdale the person, is a guy that ALOT of players want to play for. we shall see.

When LeBron and Wade are singing your praises, it has an effect. Great recruiting tool. I dont know what the predictions are by the media. Some are pretty good at calling it.

Ultimately, this means everything....Players run the league, and how they feel about a coach or player, holds a lot of weight. So I agree with you.....LeBron especially can sway peoples opinion about a coach, just like Jordan and all the other past and current NBA superstars.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/20/2018  2:40 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Can we all just agree there is no way in hell that Butler will want to sign here long term! So why trade ANY assets besides salary dumps in order to get him?

there's already been several rumors that butler WANTS to play here. im not sure about fizdale the coach yet (he hasn't coached a game for us yet) but it sure sounds like fizdale the person, is a guy that ALOT of players want to play for. we shall see.

When LeBron and Wade are singing your praises, it has an effect. Great recruiting tool. I dont know what the predictions are by the media. Some are pretty good at calling it.

Ultimately, this means everything....Players run the league, and how they feel about a coach or player, holds a lot of weight. So I agree with you.....LeBron especially can sway peoples opinion about a coach, just like Jordan and all the other past and current NBA superstars.

The coach can be an important when all other things are equal. Like Triple said, most guys are probably going rank money, location and roster first. So yeah, coach will be great help when we're going after mid-level and minimum salary players. Chances are that's going to matter less to a max guys who has his pick of the litter. That's why cap management is so important for us now. Coach will come into consideration, but only if we have the money available.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

7/20/2018  5:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

The coach can be an important when all other things are equal. Like Triple said, most guys are probably going rank money, location and roster first. So yeah, coach will be great help when we're going after mid-level and minimum salary players. Chances are that's going to matter less to a max guys who has his pick of the litter. That's why cap management is so important for us now. Coach will come into consideration, but only if we have the money available.

"Like "triple" said. What "triple" said was nowhere near what I said. What I said was having two future HOFers, two former repeat champions endorsing a coach, can only help recruit free agents.

What that poster was trying to peddle, by once again editing my post, was that the coach was the only factor in an FA's decision. Pay attention.

BigDaddyG

7/20/2018  6:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

"Like "triple" said. What "triple" said was nowhere near what I said. What I said was having two future HOFers, two former repeat champions endorsing a coach, can only help recruit free agents.

What that poster was trying to peddle, by once again editing my post, was that the coach was the only factor in an FA's decision. Pay attention.

OK lol coach can be a good recruiting tool. I agree with you. The point is money talks. It's nice to feel good, but the reality is coach alone isn't gonna reel in the big fish. We're on the right track, but we have a lot of work left to do before we start sending coach out on recruiting visits. I've been to many bars were the bartender was hot, but it didn't make up for price, location, etc. Didn't really dispute what you said.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

7/20/2018  6:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

OK lol coach can be a good recruiting tool. I agree with you. The point is money talks. It's nice to feel good, but the reality is coach alone isn't gonna reel in the big fish. We're on the right track, but we have a lot of work left to do before we start sending coach out on recruiting visits. I've been to many bars were the bartender was hot, but it didn't make up for price, location, etc. Didn't really dispute what you said.

Your point is meaningless. I never came close to suggesting that the coach was the only factor in a free agent's decision. I suggested that the Knicks having a coach who is respected by HOFers is a bonus. Not the be all, end all.

BigDaddyG

7/21/2018  1:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

Your point is meaningless. I never came close to suggesting that the coach was the only factor in a free agent's decision. I suggested that the Knicks having a coach who is respected by HOFers is a bonus. Not the be all, end all.

You said it was nice to have a coach that players liked. It would help with recruiting. Got it. I said it was a good thing too, but stable manangement and salary cap space will be our best recruiting tool. Now you on some on Mad Rapper vibe. Whatever.
Knicks/Wolves have had preliminary trade talks regarding Butler/Maybe Bogus

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy