[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT - Trump & Russia
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/20/2018  11:57 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:The sad thing is that while pretty much everything negative said these days about the GOP is accurate.The Democratic party now in some ways are to the right of Nixon when it comes to actual policy. We saw that during the Obama administration.

Those billionaires building bunkers in a panic over a resurgent, bonafide leftward shift, wouldnt have to worry if they abandoned shareholder capitalism, and returned to stakeholder capitalism.

It might not have lifted all boats, but it raised a hell of a lot more boats than shareholder capitalism has. It built the largest middle class in history, anywhere.

We should point out the treasonous and self serving aims of today's GOP. But lets not forget it takes two to tango. When it comes to keeping wages mostly flat for 40 years, and giving the president almost dictatorial powers in some areas of governance, tbe Democratic Party has been a more than willing dance partner.

Agreed. Democrats long ago gave up on policy based fights and start practicing the noble art of compromise to get elected. They use buzzwords like "pragmatic" "sensible", "being adults", "grounded in reality" to sell their wares. And for the large part they have been successful in their sales. Only recently have people started to wisen up to this humongous pile of bat****, that is called Centrist politics, aka moving to the right.

Centrists are done- in europe most centrist (former leftwing parties) are getting obliterated, except in the UK where the Labour party has ditched centrism for proper lift wing politics (and have surged as a result). I do hope some new blood takes over the democrats, they need to either radically alter course and jettison the stuck-in-the-90s politicians, or we'll just see trump re-elected.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/20/2018  3:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:The sad thing is that while pretty much everything negative said these days about the GOP is accurate.The Democratic party now in some ways are to the right of Nixon when it comes to actual policy. We saw that during the Obama administration.

Those billionaires building bunkers in a panic over a resurgent, bonafide leftward shift, wouldnt have to worry if they abandoned shareholder capitalism, and returned to stakeholder capitalism.

It might not have lifted all boats, but it raised a hell of a lot more boats than shareholder capitalism has. It built the largest middle class in history, anywhere.

We should point out the treasonous and self serving aims of today's GOP. But lets not forget it takes two to tango. When it comes to keeping wages mostly flat for 40 years, and giving the president almost dictatorial powers in some areas of governance, tbe Democratic Party has been a more than willing dance partner.

Agreed. Democrats long ago gave up on policy based fights and start practicing the noble art of compromise to get elected. They use buzzwords like "pragmatic" "sensible", "being adults", "grounded in reality" to sell their wares. And for the large part they have been successful in their sales. Only recently have people started to wisen up to this humongous pile of bat****, that is called Centrist politics, aka moving to the right.

Centrists are done- in europe most centrist (former leftwing parties) are getting obliterated, except in the UK where the Labour party has ditched centrism for proper lift wing politics (and have surged as a result). I do hope some new blood takes over the democrats, they need to either radically alter course and jettison the stuck-in-the-90s politicians, or we'll just see trump re-elected.

They are definitely done in Europe. But europe has a more evolved a faster moving electorate. In Americ the percentage of forward thinking people with independent decision making capabilities is not very high. Look at our Presdient, there's nothing in our constitution to keep the clinically stupid from electing their own kind to positions of power. America is moving backwards in terms of basic human decency and social reforms.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/20/2018  3:38 PM
so nobody cares that the NRA is a compromised organization that fully and willingly used money from russia to influence the GOP party and their beliefs in this country?
djsunyc
7/20/2018  3:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

i think it's much simpler. just get all the non-whites to vote.

meloshouldgo

7/20/2018  4:48 PM
djsunyc wrote:so nobody cares that the NRA is a compromised organization that fully and willingly used money from russia to influence the GOP party and their beliefs in this country?

Correct - the NRA is untouchable, in Trump country. This is a president who thinks he can shoot people in the street and get away with it.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/20/2018  6:08 PM
djsunyc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Actually it's not that simple because white is not a race. (Of course I understand what you are talking about, I'm just hijacking this subject to vent a little)

White and Black are labels that the oppressor created to divide us....What they didn't realize is that this world is bigger than the color of your skin. If you go to any other country outside the US, white isn't a widely used label....They identify themselves (not by white) by the country they are from, like Irish, Europe, etc....Nigerians do not classify themselves as so called black, but rather their tribe.

I know it's hard, I live and grew up under the same oppressive labels, system and culture that this great country created. (By the way, they just found 95 bodies of so called blacks, who were buried back when American was Great Again...in Houston Texas).

But these labels are part of the source for our divide. And theres a larger agenda that's pushing Trump in this direction. Putin is with this plan as well, because he has his own agenda. This is all a huge repeat in our dreadful history. Putin is using Trump for his bigger plan to divide and control the world.

If Trump wants to make America great again, how about we all go back to our countries of origin....There wouldn't be any whites here. And the only reason why there will still be so called blacks here, is because they were separated from their families....So everybody of color is an orphan. So called whites still have their family linkage, so they can easily go back to their country.

But I have the answer to racism. Put all the racist people or organizations in one room...lock the door and conduct a DNA test. Once everyone realize that white or black doesn't show up on the DNA test....And once they realize so called whites and black are more related than you think. We will all realize it's like having a long overdue fight with your bothers and sisters. Each white person and black person is connected to a country. Calling someone white or black is like saying you don't have a mother / father or origin. So we will call yall white and black. So what happens when someone doesn't fit those categories? They created more colors like yellow. How stupid does all this sound? It's like some retard who had a hard time with the diversity of the human race, tried to simply us. Eventhough the human body is the most complex and diverse system in the world. SMH

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
7/20/2018  7:14 PM
djsunyc wrote:so just how bad is that pee tape?

thoughts?

it's the offseason so figure it's ok to post this here to discuss.

if not, my apologies.

How 'bout them Raptors!? :)

We are so divided you really start to ask more and more whether it makes sense that we maintain as a country with a central government we all agree to.

When the new Supreme Court nominee makes it through (of course they will) Roe v. Wade will be effectively worthless in every state that has a strong majority against it as the SC will not hear any cases about it if what I guess we call "Republicans" still run tings.

I know folks want to "fight for the country" or whatever, but at what point is an unhealthy relationship no longer worth fighting to keep? Especially when the other "party" has no interest in compromising. That's the sign of a healthy relationship. This is not a healthy relationship.

When folks finally get their ish together and see how this "union" is failing and we made the effort to keep it together for a long time, perhaps a campaign for a new form of succession (ironically enough, focused on states rights) may be coming.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
7/20/2018  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2018  7:21 PM
djsunyc wrote:so a russian lawyer was just arrested for being an agent - she was in bed with the NRA and the NRA donated alot of money to many republicans.

follow

the

money

repubs all got money from russia and they are just as scared as trump. the US is currently hostage to russia.

and oh yeah, this was a terrorist attack - trump's base won't understand that b/c there were no explosions and the attacker wasn't brown.

If something happens with all of this then MAYBE faith will be somewhat restored for about half of the country who are teetering towards full blown disillusionment (yet, I guess that's what that side felt before, to attempt to be fair). What is sad is that a good amount of "the other half" (I say that as Jacob Riis roles over in his grave) appears to not even capable of a reasonable discussion about this topic and are now in the business of criminalizing the FBI, CIA and anyone in the government who not long ago were there to do strictly their bidding and were touted as the bastion of all that is good in America. Riddle me this one Batman...

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/20/2018  8:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2018  9:25 PM
blkexec wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Actually it's not that simple because white is not a race. (Of course I understand what you are talking about, I'm just hijacking this subject to vent a little)

White and Black are labels that the oppressor created to divide us....What they didn't realize is that this world is bigger than the color of your skin. If you go to any other country outside the US, white isn't a widely used label....They identify themselves (not by white) by the country they are from, like Irish, Europe, etc....Nigerians do not classify themselves as so called black, but rather their tribe.

I know it's hard, I live and grew up under the same oppressive labels, system and culture that this great country created. (By the way, they just found 95 bodies of so called blacks, who were buried back when American was Great Again...in Houston Texas).

But these labels are part of the source for our divide. And theres a larger agenda that's pushing Trump in this direction. Putin is with this plan as well, because he has his own agenda. This is all a huge repeat in our dreadful history. Putin is using Trump for his bigger plan to divide and control the world.

If Trump wants to make America great again, how about we all go back to our countries of origin....There wouldn't be any whites here. And the only reason why there will still be so called blacks here, is because they were separated from their families....So everybody of color is an orphan. So called whites still have their family linkage, so they can easily go back to their country.

But I have the answer to racism. Put all the racist people or organizations in one room...lock the door and conduct a DNA test. Once everyone realize that white or black doesn't show up on the DNA test....And once they realize so called whites and black are more related than you think. We will all realize it's like having a long overdue fight with your bothers and sisters. Each white person and black person is connected to a country. Calling someone white or black is like saying you don't have a mother / father or origin. So we will call yall white and black. So what happens when someone doesn't fit those categories? They created more colors like yellow. How stupid does all this sound? It's like some retard who had a hard time with the diversity of the human race, tried to simply us. Eventhough the human body is the most complex and diverse system in the world. SMH

You are trying to explain that Earth is round to the people who believe that it is flat and sit on top of turtle supported by 3 elephants.
The stereotypes are very comfortable as they help to explain the complex world in simple ways.
New emigration wave which dominated US last decade and will only get stronger is coming from Latin America and Asia.
They will form the majority of voters very soon.
But in the meantime the diversity is greatly increasing and this is the good thing.
America never had a title nation or race. It always was a Babylon and will always be.
So Democracy which required the rule of majority and always suppress the minorities is not anything we can use.
We will always be a Republic govern with the power of Law not the power of the crowd.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

7/21/2018  8:03 AM
Been an interesting thread to read through. I am not really strong politically but this is certainly an interesting time.
I notice this thread is very Anti-Trump but when I speak with most people, I see more division, a bit like the vote. I wonder if the Trump bashing makes the supporters just lay low?
For example, I just went to Amazon, here is the best seller list - top 3.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/21/2018  9:16 AM
blkexec wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Those parts in bold are mostly what I have a problem with, other parts I generally agree.
The question isn't who created the labels, but more so the acceptance of it. Why does the public accept it so freely? That's where your second bolded part comes in. Everyone in the world wants to feel special. So even in a country like Nigeria, people identify with their tribes to sort of align with what makes them unique, makes them special. This is not a label thing that the "establishment" created and we are living it. That's just human nature. The reason why in most parts of Europe people identify with their countries of origin is because the racial mixup in those countries does not have as much variety as the US. If there were countries there that were just as big of a melting pot that the US is, you'd see those same types of identifications popping up.

In fact, in NYC, if you go to Queens, specifically Jackson Heights, which is known to be the most diverse community in the world, you can see people identifying themselves and their businesses associating them with their countries of origin, rather than their race.

The third bolded part, why does the country of origin matter? Why not just call them Americans, isn't that what they are?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
djsunyc
7/21/2018  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2018  11:30 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BldCqEBAh_c/

perceptions of bias differ across party lines.

percent of democrats and republicans who say there is a lot of discrimination against the following groups, 2017.

muslims - R (45%) D (85%)
immigrants - R (40%) D (80%)
blacks - R (27%) D (80%)
gays & lesbians - R (40%) D (78%)
trans people - R (50%) D (78%)
christians - R (50%) D (20%)
whites - R (45%) D (18%)

republicans believe whites are more discriminated than blacks and gays/lesbians.

that sums up the entire election right there - trump won b/c of white peoples fear of losing their control of the US. and it's more or less the same story around the world. there's really nothing else to this election.

people can talk abortion, economy, blah blah blah. those things are ancillary. the core reason he was elected was b/c of white people.

djsunyc
7/21/2018  11:42 AM
with that said - poor white people matter too and that's where the democrats dropped the ball big time. and msnbc and cnn continue on about trump and immigrants but they need to also talk about poor white people as well b/c they think these rich white gop folks have their back...when they don't.
blkexec
7/21/2018  11:56 AM
djsunyc wrote:with that said - poor white people matter too and that's where the democrats dropped the ball big time. and msnbc and cnn continue on about trump and immigrants but they need to also talk about poor white people as well b/c they think these rich white gop folks have their back...when they don't.

He loves the poorly educated.....

Look at my African American over there....look at him.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/21/2018  3:27 PM
djsunyc wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BldCqEBAh_c/

perceptions of bias differ across party lines.

percent of democrats and republicans who say there is a lot of discrimination against the following groups, 2017.

muslims - R (45%) D (85%)
immigrants - R (40%) D (80%)
blacks - R (27%) D (80%)
gays & lesbians - R (40%) D (78%)
trans people - R (50%) D (78%)
christians - R (50%) D (20%)
whites - R (45%) D (18%)

republicans believe whites are more discriminated than blacks and gays/lesbians.

that sums up the entire election right there - trump won b/c of white peoples fear of losing their control of the US. and it's more or less the same story around the world. there's really nothing else to this election.

people can talk abortion, economy, blah blah blah. those things are ancillary. the core reason he was elected was b/c of white people.

Exactly, which is why his main focus has been on attacking black atheletes, investigating "white" racism, adopting a tax structure that is going to force the abandonment of all entitlement programs in 2-3 years to the benefit of the rich, and generally attacking anything that is not white, like stealing children from immigrants to terrorize them from coming to America.

Trust the Process
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/21/2018  3:30 PM
djsunyc wrote:with that said - poor white people matter too and that's where the democrats dropped the ball big time. and msnbc and cnn continue on about trump and immigrants but they need to also talk about poor white people as well b/c they think these rich white gop folks have their back...when they don't.

Racism is a con. It is intended to get poor whites to blame all their problems on immigrants and blacks and Mexicans, when it is rich white people mostly responsible for screwing them over. But you are never going to get poor whites to join us in mass because they are more interested in becoming rich whites and taking advantage of white privilege.

Trust the Process
meloshouldgo

7/21/2018  6:45 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:Been an interesting thread to read through. I am not really strong politically but this is certainly an interesting time.
I notice this thread is very Anti-Trump but when I speak with most people, I see more division, a bit like the vote. I wonder if the Trump bashing makes the supporters just lay low?
For example, I just went to Amazon, here is the best seller list - top 3.

There's nothing to prevent the clinically stupid from supporting and propagating their alternate reality bull****. I talk to Trump supporters and with neoliberals that have wet dreams about free markets on multiple forums including a couple of facebook forums based on investment groups. Almost all of them literally recite the same garbage without adding a single original thought. If they get bashed they definitely deserve it. If you have anything to add let's hear it.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/21/2018  6:58 PM
Everything and everyone that deals with Trump eventually gets destroyed.

meloshouldgo

7/21/2018  8:25 PM
TheGame wrote:

Racism is a con. It is intended to get poor whites to blame all their problems on immigrants and blacks and Mexicans, when it is rich white people mostly responsible for screwing them over. But you are never going to get poor whites to join us in mass because they are more interested in becoming rich whites and taking advantage of white privilege.

This is a fantastic post and 100% accurate. Instutionaluzed racism has been developed over time as a means of keeping the poor whites (economicslly) enslaved and the poor blacks reduced to subhuman status.

blkexec
7/21/2018  11:45 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TheGame wrote:

This is a fantastic post and 100% accurate. Instutionaluzed racism has been developed over time as a means of keeping the poor whites (economicslly) enslaved and the poor blacks reduced to subhuman status.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiItqyk5bHcAhVB-qwKHWnuDkMQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fi%2F104c4q&psig=AOvVaw1mGjYpl388xUoVCQPIqXsl&ust=1532317400638017

OT - Trump & Russia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy