OT - Trump & Russia
Author Thread
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

7/17/2018  5:49 PM
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Wow!!! That is just crazy. The sad part is he will still be president next week.

Get ready for the blue tsunami

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/17/2018  5:56 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Wow!!! That is just crazy. The sad part is he will still be president next week.

Unfortunately in the real world, we have to get ready for Democrats being too weak and divided to capitalize on this complete farce of a presidency.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
ekstarks94

7/17/2018  9:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Unfortunately in the real world, we have to get ready for Democrats being too weak and divided to capitalize on this complete farce of a presidency.

A rising tide lifts all boats....they are not controlling this wave...this is the backlash that they may or some other no trumper will benefit from

meloshouldgo

7/17/2018  10:48 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A rising tide lifts all boats....they are not controlling this wave...this is the backlash that they may or some other no trumper will benefit from

Aye, boats will be lifted. It's what happens afterwards that worries me. Anyone can step into this mess and look like a rock star for about two months. Then the **** storm hits in full force.
Democrats have been historically complacent, capricious and completely overrun by centrist wimps that can't unite the party and are happy to keel over to repblican pressure and move things further and further right. Unless they can quickly jettison complete dead weight and garbage like Nancy Pelosi they'll be in big trouble. If the roles were reversed 80% of all GOP senators and congreespeople would have declared the presidency null and void because of election tampering, filed lawsuits to remove the SC nominees from position and voted to impeach the president by now. Republicans act as a monolithic voting block whenever they need to advance their narrow self interest. Democrats are too busy jockeying for position and protecting themselves, they have noither the political muster nor the leadership to move on policy.

ekstarks94

7/17/2018  11:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Aye, boats will be lifted. It's what happens afterwards that worries me. Anyone can step into this mess and look like a rock star for about two months. Then the **** storm hits in full force.
Democrats have been historically complacent, capricious and completely overrun by centrist wimps that can't unite the party and are happy to keel over to repblican pressure and move things further and further right. Unless they can quickly jettison complete dead weight and garbage like Nancy Pelosi they'll be in big trouble. If the roles were reversed 80% of all GOP senators and congreespeople would have declared the presidency null and void because of election tampering, filed lawsuits to remove the SC nominees from position and voted to impeach the president by now. Republicans act as a monolithic voting block whenever they need to advance their narrow self interest. Democrats are too busy jockeying for position and protecting themselves, they have noither the political muster nor the leadership to move on policy.

I agree one hundred percent
meloshouldgo

7/17/2018  11:12 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-18/republican-roby-fends-off-challenge-with-help-of-trump-backing

This is a great place to see just how monolithic they can be. Even in the midst of calls for Treason, his backing united his party more than anything.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/18/2018  8:20 AM
I'm not going to comment on this post as it seems my opinion is not welcome. But I will say that listening to a dissenting opinion would be wise. I'm not sure why a dissenting opinion would not be welcome as it promotes discussion. I've seen this as issue-- that Democrats simply don't want to discuss or possibly meet in the middle and I think that really fuels fire the other way? Why not talk to see if we can find middle ground? Do you think the normal every day Joe thinks that President Trump was just being treasonous or simply abdicating for better relations with Russia. Forget the polls and hype. Does anyone really think that the President was being some kind of traitor thAt relates to being compared to Peral Harbor? I don't see rockets flying over Japan anymore-- maybe he's working a similar scenario the way he sees how to do it? I'm just offering a dissenting opinion. I listen to the posts here and I respect opinion but I don't agree with some of it. I do not think my answer is toxic or ban worthy -- I just wanted to say have an open mind to dissenting opinion?
RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/18/2018  8:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  8:55 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I'm not going to comment on this post as it seems my opinion is not welcome. But I will say that listening to a dissenting opinion would be wise. I'm not sure why a dissenting opinion would not be welcome as it promotes discussion. I've seen this as issue-- that Democrats simply don't want to discuss or possibly meet in the middle and I think that really fuels fire the other way? Why not talk to see if we can find middle ground? Do you think the normal every day Joe thinks that President Trump was just being treasonous or simply abdicating for better relations with Russia. Forget the polls and hype. Does anyone really think that the President was being some kind of traitor thAt relates to being compared to Peral Harbor? I don't see rockets flying over Japan anymore-- maybe he's working a similar scenario the way he sees how to do it? I'm just offering a dissenting opinion. I listen to the posts here and I respect opinion but I don't agree with some of it. I do not think my answer is toxic or ban worthy -- I just wanted to say have an open mind to dissenting opinion?

So you seriously see no problem with Trump's comments at the press conference on Monday. Wow, I bet you would have seen a problem if Obama had said it. The blinders Foxnews has placed on Trump supporters is scary really.

Trust the Process
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/18/2018  9:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  9:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Get used to it he'll be here 6 more years. Real stupid to try to get along with a country that has higher technical military ability?

that "country" just launched a major cyber TERRORIST attack that manipulated the american people and influenced an entire political party. but time to buddy up.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
7/18/2018  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  9:57 AM
TheGame wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I'm not going to comment on this post as it seems my opinion is not welcome. But I will say that listening to a dissenting opinion would be wise. I'm not sure why a dissenting opinion would not be welcome as it promotes discussion. I've seen this as issue-- that Democrats simply don't want to discuss or possibly meet in the middle and I think that really fuels fire the other way? Why not talk to see if we can find middle ground? Do you think the normal every day Joe thinks that President Trump was just being treasonous or simply abdicating for better relations with Russia. Forget the polls and hype. Does anyone really think that the President was being some kind of traitor thAt relates to being compared to Peral Harbor? I don't see rockets flying over Japan anymore-- maybe he's working a similar scenario the way he sees how to do it? I'm just offering a dissenting opinion. I listen to the posts here and I respect opinion but I don't agree with some of it. I do not think my answer is toxic or ban worthy -- I just wanted to say have an open mind to dissenting opinion?

So you seriously see no problem with Trump's comments at the press conference on Monday. Wow, I bet you would have seen a problem if Obama had said it. The blinders Foxnews has placed on Trump supporters is scary really.

There is no question about Trump being a clown which he is.
The discussion should be about why he is the POTUS?
Why half of the country decided to elect non-politician reality show personality?
Why so many Americans are sick ant tired of both Dems and Reps and why there are no alternatives to this 2 twin-brothers pretending that they are somehow fundamentally different which they are not?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/18/2018  9:59 AM
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Get used to it he'll be here 6 more years. Real stupid to try to get along with a country that has higher technical military ability?

that "country" just launched a major cyber TERRORIST attack that manipulated the american people and influenced an entire political party. but time to buddy up.

I think this perspective has been lost on the greater American population, don't even know if Obama and team highlighted this enough when it was first happening. No idea what was done or what is being done, doesn't feel like much at all outside of the Mueller scope of things.

Our country was attached, and not in a traditional sense where bloodshed and death are involved. And it was a terrorist attack, the last one that happened ended up with the USA hunting down and killing the head mastermind and a lot of the perpetrators.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
USA
7/18/2018  10:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  10:25 AM
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

I think this perspective has been lost on the greater American population, don't even know if Obama and team highlighted this enough when it was first happening. No idea what was done or what is being done, doesn't feel like much at all outside of the Mueller scope of things.

Our country was attached, and not in a traditional sense where bloodshed and death are involved. And it was a terrorist attack, the last one that happened ended up with the USA hunting down and killing the head mastermind and a lot of the perpetrators.

And here is a problem.
Russia is nuclear superpower and the last empire run by coalition of secret services, criminal mafia, and corrupt bureaucrats.
Their main moniker is patriotic nationalism and hate mongering against the West and US in particular.
There is nothing we can do to stop them from doing what they doing.
We need to protect our self as much a we can and be ready for slow and painful degradation of Russian economy.
If we will force their hand many people will die for nothing.
Preventing this worth the sacrifice of some principals as it was done in USSR case.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
USA
7/18/2018  10:49 AM
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.
Russia is nuclear superpower and the last empire run by coalition of secret services, criminal mafia, and corrupt bureaucrats.
Their main moniker is patriotic nationalism and hate mongering against the West and US in particular.
We need to protect our self as much a we can and be ready for slow and painful degradation of Russian economy.
Preventing this worth the sacrifice of some principals as it was done in USSR case.

That's a weak take, yes you can but WILL we? McConnell had cuffed Obama's call to target Russia. Sanctions is a starting point, USA needs to go on the offensive but with the people we have in power right now it is at a standstill and moving backwards because both Trump and GOP and others are beholden to Russian $$$$

arkrud
USA
7/18/2018  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  11:39 AM
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

That's a weak take, yes you can but WILL we? McConnell had cuffed Obama's call to target Russia. Sanctions is a starting point, USA needs to go on the offensive but with the people we have in power right now it is at a standstill and moving backwards because both Trump and GOP and others are beholden to Russian $$$$

This is a result of Dems camp trying to make a big deal and major political gains on the premise that Tramp was elected because of Russian meddling help.
Many people in Dems still cannot get in terms with the fact that their major antagonist get elected in what suppose to be a landslide victory of Hilary.
All of this has to do with oversize egos and partisan rambling of politicians and has nothing to do with what US and Russian people need.
We have to stay away from Russia and let it fall into oblivion by itself which is inevitable. The sanctions are laughable and only prevent Russian crooks from destruction the Russian state rather sooner that later.
In fact having clown-president like Trump dealing with Putin while continue to apply pressure on Russia by laws produced by Senate and factual actions of low enforcement and intelligence is a very good strategy.

And by the way this is all that it is:

martin
USA
7/18/2018  11:38 AM
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

This is a result of Dems trying to make a big deal and major political gains on the premise that Tramp was elected because of Russian meddling help.
Many people in Dems still cannot get in terms with the fact that their major antagonist get elected in what suppose to be a landslide victory of Hilary.

All of this has to do with oversize egos and partisan rambling of politicians and has nothing to do with what US and Russian people need.
We have to stay away from Russia and let it fall into oblivion by itself which is inevitable. The sanctions are laughable and only prevent Russian crooks from destruction Russian state rather sooner that later.
In fact having clown-president like Trump dealing with Putin while continue to apply pressure on Russia by laws produced by Senate and factual actions of low enforcement and intelligence is a very good strategy.

The bolded part is absolutely incorrect. Complete bunk. And I don't understand the rest, seems like meandering thoughts with no substance behind them.

arkrud
USA
7/18/2018  11:41 AM
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

This is a result of Dems trying to make a big deal and major political gains on the premise that Tramp was elected because of Russian meddling help.

We have to stay away from Russia and let it fall into oblivion by itself which is inevitable. The sanctions are laughable and only prevent Russian crooks from destruction Russian state rather sooner that later.

The bolded part is absolutely incorrect. Complete bunk. And I don't understand the rest, seems like meandering thoughts with no substance behind them.

Are you also to scary to understand?
Looks like...
The reality is in front of you, you like it or not.
Just have balls to accept it.

martin
USA
7/18/2018  11:44 AM
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

Looks like...

I still don't understand what you are saying.

Lay down some facts or at least substantiate what you are trying to say. Let's start there.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/18/2018  11:59 AM
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

So if Russia falls, then who controls their natural resources? Is this all about control of Russian energy? The EU and the West have been isolating Russia for decades. We meddle in local politics in neighboring countries all the while weakening Russia and isolating them from the Black Sea, Mediterranean Ocean, Persian Gulf etc...

Crimea = access to the Black Sea
Eastern Ukraine = same as above
Syria = access to Mediterranean Sea
Iran = access to the Persian Gulf

All very important strategic necessities to Russia's survival. Is this all about the Global Elite grabbing Russias Oil to enrich themselves and control the supply to the EU? My hope is we stop poking the bear and bring Russia into the world as an equal partner. Of course, the globalists don't want this, the Neo cons don't want it, the EU doesn't want it and the liberal left in the US doesn't want it. If we keep poking the bear, eventually we are going to get the teeth. How can you really fault Russia for being suspicious of the EU and the West. They really are determined to destroy Russia.

arkrud
USA
7/18/2018  12:09 PM
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

Looks like...

I still don't understand what you are saying.

Lay down some facts or at least substantiate what you are trying to say. Let's start there.

Suctioned Russian oligarchs, corrupt government bureaucrats and intelligent officers moving wealth robbed from Russian state and Russian people and laundering them by investing this money in US and elsewhere. With sanctions we made it a little bit more difficult but this is all about it.
In fact sanctions and counter-sanctions by Russia only made live of Russian people even more miserable and repressions to Russian people from the Putin clika more severe.
Up to 70% or Russian youth want to leave the country and go anywhere to work and leave. Russian Empire is in the last decades of final destruction.
There are a lot of facts and research around it in Russia and internationally. I do not want to sadden anybody with zillion of links.
What we need is to be really careful in order to come up out of this major geopolitical calamity with less destruction and death as possible.
And it will not be easy. The Dem versus Reps struggle is completely insignificant and laughable in the content of the possibility of major Nuclier and military power disintegration.

arkrud
USA
7/18/2018  12:17 PM
Rookie wrote:
arkrud wrote:
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

And here is a problem.

So if Russia falls, then who controls their natural resources? Is this all about control of Russian energy? The EU and the West have been isolating Russia for decades. We meddle in local politics in neighboring countries all the while weakening Russia and isolating them from the Black Sea, Mediterranean Ocean, Persian Gulf etc...

Crimea = access to the Black Sea
Eastern Ukraine = same as above
Syria = access to Mediterranean Sea
Iran = access to the Persian Gulf

All very important strategic necessities to Russia's survival. Is this all about the Global Elite grabbing Russias Oil to enrich themselves and control the supply to the EU? My hope is we stop poking the bear and bring Russia into the world as an equal partner. Of course, the globalists don't want this, the Neo cons don't want it, the EU doesn't want it and the liberal left in the US doesn't want it. If we keep poking the bear, eventually we are going to get the teeth. How can you really fault Russia for being suspicious of the EU and the West. They really are determined to destroy Russia.

The world is changes. The wast of land, natural resources, mass of chip labor are losing value by day and became liability.
The states who still believe that world is running on this old premises are looking in the face of decline and destruction.
We have nothing of use to us in Russia. We have to leave them alone to find their ways themselves.
Instead we keep helping Putin to keep the power and situation sleeping to the worst possible scenario.
The nation building and exporting our moral values should be taken out from our politics for good.
This strategies failed and were never bound to work.

OT - Trump & Russia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy