[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT - Trump & Russia
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/3/2018  9:02 AM
djsunyc wrote:
President Trump is done playing nice with Christine Blasey Ford.

At a Tuesday rally in Southaven, Miss., Trump attacked the credibility of Ford, one of three women to accuse his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

“How did you get home? I don’t remember,” Trump said, mocking Ford’s answers before the Senate Judiciary Committee. “How did you get there? I don’t remember. Where is the place? I don’t remember. How many years ago was it? I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. What neighborhood was it in? I don’t know. Where’s the house? I don’t know. Upstairs, downstairs, where was it? I don’t know. But I had one beer, that’s the only thing I remember.”

good to know that if you're a female and you allege rape against a white male...you will be mocked.

may every woman and everyone with daughters that voted for him live with the consequences.

anyone who voted for him is a fool period.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/3/2018  10:04 AM
Marv wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
President Trump is done playing nice with Christine Blasey Ford.

At a Tuesday rally in Southaven, Miss., Trump attacked the credibility of Ford, one of three women to accuse his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

“How did you get home? I don’t remember,” Trump said, mocking Ford’s answers before the Senate Judiciary Committee. “How did you get there? I don’t remember. Where is the place? I don’t remember. How many years ago was it? I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. What neighborhood was it in? I don’t know. Where’s the house? I don’t know. Upstairs, downstairs, where was it? I don’t know. But I had one beer, that’s the only thing I remember.”

good to know that if you're a female and you allege rape against a white male...you will be mocked.

may every woman and everyone with daughters that voted for him live with the consequences.

anyone who voted for him is a fool period.

They are looked at as fools when you look at it from the aspect of integrity. But if you eliminate integrity from the picture. Its all a power play. The people who feel they are being left behind and have turned to desperation. And the people in power who want to maintain power.

But these same people will be the ones to point the finger and pass judgment on other groups who act out of desperation.

Trump lied about his net worth which got him on Forbes which increased his opportunity and net worth. Found loop holes to cheat on his taxes for over a decade. Screwed over numerous people throughout his business ventures. Possibly sexually assaulted women. And probably committed treason colluding with Russia to become President. And none of these things matter as long as he is able to complete the power play. Sound very similar to making a deal with the devil. He holds all these rallies because he doesn't have the substance so he uses the flash.

But the truth is Trump is exactly want America has come to represent in terms of the lying, cheating, stealing to get ahead. Hidden behind the integrity of the constitution.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/3/2018  10:52 AM
first tweet of many - click it and read down.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/3/2018  2:42 PM
Nothing angers a privileged man more than his privilege being revoked.
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/3/2018  7:43 PM
djsunyc wrote:first tweet of many - click it and read down.

No they don't believe him anymore than we do. I suspect you'll find they are more willing to suspend their outrage, morality and reason as long as their more selfish interests are being served. Did you see Trump's speech mocking Dr. Ford? Not only was he despicable, but the people in attendance were full of applause.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/4/2018  3:48 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

No they don't believe him anymore than we do. I suspect you'll find they are more willing to suspend their outrage, morality and reason as long as their more selfish interests are being served. Did you see Trump's speech mocking Dr. Ford? Not only was he despicable, but the people in attendance were full of applause.

Hence I say this country deserves Trump. We all knew what kind of prick the guy is yet the best the democrats could nominate was Hillary because she was the well known face and the republicans just loved Trump because they viewed him as a bad-ass and the indepndants simply didn’t vote.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo

10/4/2018  6:47 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Hence I say this country deserves Trump. We all knew what kind of prick the guy is yet the best the democrats could nominate was Hillary because she was the well known face and the republicans just loved Trump because they viewed him as a bad-ass and the indepndants simply didn’t vote.

I agree, one hundred percent. Socrates warned about this when he described the reason democracy was always likely to fail. Any form of government primarily requires people who are willing to place the betterment of the many ahead of their own self interest. Even Adam Smith understood this. Socrates clearly said that voting should not be a right given to everyone but only to those qualified to vote. And his qualification was based on people having thought deeply through the major political issues and formulated their own independent arguments. Otherwise he said the democracy would be usurped by self serving demagogues. He also understood the difficulty of doing this, which is why he said democracy would fail as a system of governance, there's nothing to prevent the clinically stupid from electing the person most likely to make the situation worse.

Marv
10/4/2018  7:50 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

weak excuse. anyone who voted for trump made a decision that they wanted him to be the president.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/4/2018  11:10 AM
Marv wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

weak excuse. anyone who voted for trump made a decision that they wanted him to be the president.

I agree and they deserve his trash.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/5/2018  5:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  5:16 PM
Well, looks like I was wrong. Looks like Kavanaugh barely has the votes.
Only saving grace would be the Dems taking over the house, Pelosi and all the leadership is kicked to the curb, all of them.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/5/2018  6:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Well, looks like I was wrong. Looks like Kavanaugh barely has the votes.
Only saving grace would be the Dems taking over the house, Pelosi and all the leadership is kicked to the curb, all of them.

Thing is he wasn't even on trial for sexual assault. He was on a job interview. And he failed that job interview IMO. I don't know if he assaulted Ford or not. But what I would have liked to see from someone nominated to SCOTUS. Is someone that would have owned up the to culture he partook in high school. Use his platform to advocate change. He is supposed to be representing high moral character and judgement. Lying to the Senate multiple times doesn't display that. I don't know enough about his ruling history though to know if he has displayed that over his 30 year career. But he clearly has been nominated to push a specific agenda for Trump and the GOP.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

10/5/2018  7:14 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Well, looks like I was wrong. Looks like Kavanaugh barely has the votes.

Thing is he wasn't even on trial for sexual assault. He was on a job interview. And he failed that job interview IMO. I don't know if he assaulted Ford or not. But what I would have liked to see from someone nominated to SCOTUS. Is someone that would have owned up the to culture he partook in high school. Use his platform to advocate change. He is supposed to be representing high moral character and judgement. Lying to the Senate multiple times doesn't display that. I don't know enough about his ruling history though to know if he has displayed that over his 30 year career. But he clearly has been nominated to push a specific agenda for Trump and the GOP.

On the money NY. Dont agree with those who want Kavanaugh on the bench because they agree with his worldview. They may not believe Dr. Ford and the other accusers, may not believe it was enough of a factor, even though I do. Like you said, its more than that.

I cant imagine the reaction of conservatives if a Democratic nominee for the Supreme Court had given Republicans both barrels, so to speak. Would they want a jurist appointed by a Democrat, screaming at Republicans "What goes around comes around" ?

Kavanaugh has been a political operative (to put it nicely) most of his adult life. All he had to do was pretend that he wasnt one for about an hour or so, but he couldnt even do that.

I wouldnt want someone like that on the bench for the Left, sorry to hear many on the Right feel differently. Hard to bridge the gap under the circumstances. Had all night to reconsider his words. Thought he was a lock (apparently right) and decided it wasnt important to act like a Supreme Court Justice before he actually became one.

izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
10/5/2018  9:37 PM
I’m still waiting for Trump to be outed as a Russian spy. After all the fuss about that, something which amounted to nothing, why should us uneducated trump voters believe anything you smart guys say?
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Marv
10/5/2018  9:48 PM
izybx wrote:I’m still waiting for Trump to be outed as a Russian spy. After all the fuss about that, something which amounted to nothing, why should us uneducated trump voters believe anything you smart guys say?

russian spy? or being investigated for actions that appeared to illegally invite collusion?

GustavBahler

10/5/2018  10:40 PM
izybx wrote:I’m still waiting for Trump to be outed as a Russian spy. After all the fuss about that, something which amounted to nothing, why should us uneducated trump voters believe anything you smart guys say?

There are a lot of Trump voters who have families to support, kids to raise. Many dont have the time to do the kind of research to come to an informed decision. I understand that this view is subjective.

Being a Knicks board, you are dealing with a lot of posters who have been following his career since at least the 1970s. Some sooner

Just to show that Im capable of saying something nice about Trump. The buildings he put up in Manhattan, early in his career as a developer were pretty nice.

They werent garish, they stood out, yet blended in. My opinion anyway. He had a lot of obstacles to overcome, played to his audience, and put up some nice buildings.

Problem was he was only interested in playing to a select few. All I can say to Trump supporters out there is that its never been about you, any of us. Some day soon, we're all going to be stuck with one hell of a bill. Just like almost everyone who has done business with Trump.

I would much rather be singing the praises of a native New Yorker. Pretty sure Im not alone. While you are identifying with him, Trump and his buddies are taking the kitchen sink.

Wasnt a fan when he was real close to Dems either, so please dont make it about that. We've seen literally trillions in tax cuts to very rich people, and a lot of poor,very young and elderly people (who did everything right)are going to pay the price in the next decade, if things dont change. In a big way.

Whatever religious beliefs you have about capitalism, you transfer trillions to a select few who collectively have trillions already, many millions will suffer in the long run.

You can twist yourself into a pretzel trying to justify it. But that will be the outcome.

A true "Free Market" prevents monopolies from forming, evens the playing field. Gives the small business man a real chance to compete because tax cuts doesnt take the place of customers. Never has.

meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  12:12 AM

Don't believe us or whoever you are calling smart. Ask yourself what you voted for and what you are getting - that' all.

Can you describe in your own words how your life has improved since he became president? Would love to hear from a Trump voter.

meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  1:01 PM
The whole FBI investigation thing was a sham - it was dog and pony show, exactly as I thought it would be. Our democratic ideals are taking a beating everyday. Yet no one on the left is responding or doing anything to lead the opposition. We basically never hear anything from Chuck and Nancy.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2018  12:12 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:The whole FBI investigation thing was a sham - it was dog and pony show, exactly as I thought it would be. Our democratic ideals are taking a beating everyday. Yet no one on the left is responding or doing anything to lead the opposition. We basically never hear anything from Chuck and Nancy.

living in the twitter era - where everything is consumed in 140 characters and completely forgotten in 24 hours. lies no longer matter and empathy is a sign of weakness.

so do the dems try to slow things down and restore order...or do they have to shift gears and play the game?

trump & co picked up on it right away and bulldozed their way into power. gop played the long game and they have won it.

not sure how to change things to tell you the truth.

but the gop need to desperately hold on to as much as they can b/c soon, they will be outnumbered by millions.

meloshouldgo

10/7/2018  1:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2018  1:05 AM
djsunyc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The whole FBI investigation thing was a sham - it was dog and pony show, exactly as I thought it would be. Our democratic ideals are taking a beating everyday. Yet no one on the left is responding or doing anything to lead the opposition. We basically never hear anything from Chuck and Nancy.

living in the twitter era - where everything is consumed in 140 characters and completely forgotten in 24 hours. lies no longer matter and empathy is a sign of weakness.

so do the dems try to slow things down and restore order...or do they have to shift gears and play the game?

trump & co picked up on it right away and bulldozed their way into power. gop played the long game and they have won it.

not sure how to change things to tell you the truth.

but the gop need to desperately hold on to as much as they can b/c soon, they will be outnumbered by millions.

First they need to sort out their ongoing identity crisis. Core democratic voters are frustrated with the centrist scum. They don't show up to vote for Clinton's and Pelosis anymore. See how the republicans play to their base? The Democrats have completely abandoned their base. When the country is frustrated with the GOP, they still manage to infiltrate the DNC with centrists scum. Obama had both houses for two years and he couldn't get **** done. This is because half the majority of the democrats were essentially right wing centrists who wouldn't vote for any of the actual core democratic values like universal healthcare. Don't take my word for it. Check where they get most funding, it's basically the same wall street, and big corporationsfunneling money into super pacs. By letting these people infiltrate the party the dems have paralyzed themselves. And now instead of throwing them out they have the indecency of supporting this filth against candidates with real left wing values in the primaries. Both sides have long stopped being about the people.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/7/2018  1:16 AM
Still whining, get used to it
OT - Trump & Russia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy