love that.
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

9/28/2018  4:52 PM
TheGame wrote:
martin wrote:

LMAO. That is classic. "Yes, you did Brett"

OMG - I have to share this with some peeps. Incredible!!!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/28/2018  5:17 PM
Tip of the hat to Senator Flake for putting the brakes on this until the FBI has a look at the allegations. Also props for the women who confronted Flake in the elevator, and helping him change his mind. Kavanaugh still might get confirmed, but at least the Senate is doing their job.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/28/2018  8:33 PM
djsunyc wrote:are there any republicans here? i'm very curious to hear their thoughts on how the GOP is handling the kavanaugh thing.

to me, the entire GOP are basically telling women that any claims of sexual harrassment will be discarded or minimized and it will not impact the white male accused in any way.

I am not Republican but not Democrat also.
I believe in the rule of law above politics and above emotions.
If someone is proven guilty in the court of law then only he/she can be morally convicted.
Otherwise it is just one woman word against one man word, or one man word against another man word.
Ability to make up sht is equal in man and woman alike.
In any case the man that this woman is taking about is already gone for 36 years.
The current person has nothing to do with what it was 36 years back. Water under the bridge.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler

9/28/2018  9:39 PM
arkrud wrote:
djsunyc wrote:are there any republicans here? i'm very curious to hear their thoughts on how the GOP is handling the kavanaugh thing.

to me, the entire GOP are basically telling women that any claims of sexual harrassment will be discarded or minimized and it will not impact the white male accused in any way.

If someone is proven guilty in the court of law then only he/she can be morally convicted.
Otherwise it is just one woman word against one man word, or one man word against another man word.
In any case the man that this woman is taking about is already gone for 36 years.
The current person has nothing to do with what it was 36 years back. Water under the bridge.

Kavanaugh didnt behave like someone who had put the past behind him. Sounded like a "bro" who never left high school.

Acted like he was entitled to be a Supreme Court justice. He isnt.

arkrud
USA
9/28/2018  11:57 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kavanaugh didnt behave like someone who had put the past behind him. Sounded like a "bro" who never left high school.

This is a matter of opinion.
You may be right but this is not the point.
The way this all thing transpired is a disgrace and unnecessary one.
No one is looking good here. Everybody lost.
Woman were used as sexual object and now used as political tool.
I do not know what is worth...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/29/2018  1:46 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Member: #6053

9/29/2018  4:09 AM
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Women. There are 3 separate accusers of his sexual misconduct. Also Brett did not come off as someone who was judicial material. He seemed full of himself and bias onwards Republicans.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/29/2018  5:25 AM
The lied during his Fox News interview and he lied during his original hearings in claiming he did not know he was handling stolen democrat documents. Whether he assaulted that woman or not, a person that is so willing to lie should not be on the Supreme Court.
Trust the Process
GustavBahler

9/29/2018  10:55 AM
wargames wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Women. There are 3 separate accusers of his sexual misconduct. Also Brett did not come off as someone who was judicial material. He seemed full of himself and bias onwards Republicans.

In addition to the allegations, what was also disturbing was watching a supreme justice nominee who believed that his nomination was assured. Then proceeded to go scorched earth on half of the Senate Judiciary committee anyway.

Didnt care that he sounded like a partisan hack with his Clintons talk. Didnt care that he was creating the impression that he couldnt be impartial.

Kavanaugh thought his confirmation was in the bag, and showed his arse. Now he will be lucky if he gets his old job back.

meloshouldgo

9/29/2018  2:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Tip of the hat to Senator Flake for putting the brakes on this until the FBI has a look at the allegations. Also props for the women who confronted Flake in the elevator, and helping him change his mind. Kavanaugh still might get confirmed, but at least the Senate is doing their job.

He put a "one week" deadline on it. After which Kavanaugh gets confirmed. You do realize how long the Mueller investigation has taken right? I hope the FBI can actually get to the bottom of this in a well, but I am low on optimism.

GustavBahler

9/29/2018  2:53 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Tip of the hat to Senator Flake for putting the brakes on this until the FBI has a look at the allegations. Also props for the women who confronted Flake in the elevator, and helping him change his mind. Kavanaugh still might get confirmed, but at least the Senate is doing their job.

He put a "one week" deadline on it. After which Kavanaugh gets confirmed. You do realize how long the Mueller investigation has taken right? I hope the FBI can actually get to the bottom of this in a well, but I am low on optimism.

He did the right thing. You are underestimating the FBI's ability to do a throrough investigation like this, in short order. Its what they do.

The Mueller investigation is an entirely different animal. Many more moving parts.

meloshouldgo

9/30/2018  2:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

He did the right thing. You are underestimating the FBI's ability to do a throrough investigation like this, in short order. Its what they do.

The Mueller investigation is an entirely different animal. Many more moving parts.

I think it's still a farce. I watched the Senate hearing not one republican showed any interest in questioning Kavanaugh, they were holding an investigation into Feinstein under the guise of letting Dr. Ford be heard. Lindsey Graham sings up how they feel. I am glad Flake did what he did, I am not buying it will allow for a complete investigation.

arkrud
USA
9/30/2018  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2018  3:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I think it's still a farce. I watched the Senate hearing not one republican showed any interest in questioning Kavanaugh, they were holding an investigation into Feinstein under the guise of letting Dr. Ford be heard. Lindsey Graham sings up how they feel. I am glad Flake did what he did, I am not buying it will allow for a complete investigation.

If FBA will have a time machine or will be able to read mind for memories long passed...
Polygraph can be useful... but using it on layer with this experience is most likely useless exercise.
After 35 years we remember only what we want to remember not what really transpired.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/30/2018  4:26 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

If FBA will have a time machine or will be able to read mind for memories long passed...
Polygraph can be useful... but using it on layer with this experience is most likely useless exercise.
After 35 years we remember only what we want to remember not what really transpired.

Akrud, you really have little to nothing to add to this thread or topic, feel free to stick to knicks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

9/30/2018  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2018  6:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Agree that the additional limitations might make a thorough investigation difficult, if not impossible. Up to the Senate to call foul.

Stand by my point that the FBI have the skills to do this fast, if they arent hamstrung. They figured out who was responsible for the first WTC bombing literally hours after it happened.

I heard that the White House might extend the deadline, if they find anything. But yeah, we'll see about that.

The effect of Kavanaugh's testimony is starting to bake in. Will be surprised if he makes it.

GustavBahler

9/30/2018  6:54 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/opinion/james-comey-fbi-kavanaugh-investigation.html

Although the process is deeply flawed, and apparently designed to thwart the fact-gathering process, the F.B.I. is up for this. It’s not as hard as Republicans hope it will be.

F.B.I. agents are experts at interviewing people and quickly dispatching leads to their colleagues around the world to follow with additional interviews. Unless limited in some way by the Trump administration, they can speak to scores of people in a few days, if necessary.

They will confront people with testimony and other accounts, testing them and pushing them in a professional way. Agents have much better nonsense detectors than partisans, because they aren’t starting with a conclusion.

Yes, the alleged incident occurred 36 years ago. But F.B.I. agents know time has very little to do with memory. They know every married person remembers the weather on their wedding day, no matter how long ago. Significance drives memory. They also know that little lies point to bigger lies. They know that obvious lies by the nominee about the meaning of words in a yearbook are a flashing signal to dig deeper.

Once they start interviewing, every witness knows the consequences. It is one thing to have your lawyer submit a statement on your behalf. It is a very different thing to sit across from two F.B.I. special agents and answer their relentless questions. Of course, the bureau won’t have subpoena power, only the ability to knock on doors and ask questions. But most people will speak to them. Refusal to do so is its own kind of statement.

arkrud
USA
9/30/2018  9:32 PM
martin wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Akrud, you really have little to nothing to add to this thread or topic, feel free to stick to knicks

Not sure whom I offended by stating the obvious. And I meant both the dude and the ladies.
Also what can be a board contribution rather that some thoughts. Is this some corporate meeting to give up solutions and decisions?
Anyways you guys are to serious about politics so I am out of this one. Hard to communicate with people with no sense of humor...

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/3/2018  8:58 AM
President Trump is done playing nice with Christine Blasey Ford.

At a Tuesday rally in Southaven, Miss., Trump attacked the credibility of Ford, one of three women to accuse his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

“How did you get home? I don’t remember,” Trump said, mocking Ford’s answers before the Senate Judiciary Committee. “How did you get there? I don’t remember. Where is the place? I don’t remember. How many years ago was it? I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. What neighborhood was it in? I don’t know. Where’s the house? I don’t know. Upstairs, downstairs, where was it? I don’t know. But I had one beer, that’s the only thing I remember.”

good to know that if you're a female and you allege rape against a white male...you will be mocked.

may every woman and everyone with daughters that voted for him live with the consequences.

OT - Trump & Russia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy