[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We can start making trades with Sacramento..
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
7/16/2018  11:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2018  11:52 AM
It has been 1 year since Scott Perry signed with the Knicks. We are now allowed by league rules to make trades with the Kings. Think they have 4 expiring contracts we would be interested in and they may have an interest in Hardaway or Lee.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2018  12:01 PM
what evidence outside of fan's distain do we think knicks are not happy with THjr?
With a new coach and system, and perhaps a year to digest forcing his game would it not be better to integrate his game and if better either keep him or that his value rises?
Even if need to trade him next summer for cap space. With his injury and teams very tight with salary is there really a good market for him now?
Does Sac's need really dictate inclusion of THjr?
This about Jimmy Butler? I get Kyrie but is Jimmy a problem? Bulls were happy to rid themselves of him and he now is making noise in Minny? This the Alpha we really want?
At this moment Jimmy is far better than THjr but Jimmy is going to cost some 10mil more per annum then THjr and Im looking at value. Do I want three max contracts of Butler, Kyrie and KP? Is that my chip core?

And finally we can see why Thibs never got an interview with Phil. This guy just wears players out mentally and physically.
I know there was a contingent of knick fans that loved this guy but the quick response is if Butler wants out, Wiggins is tuning him out and Towns is not happy then Thibs might want to call his buddy JVG and look into that broadcast thing again.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/16/2018  12:32 PM
Nalod wrote:what evidence outside of fan's distain do we think knicks are not happy with THjr?
With a new coach and system, and perhaps a year to digest forcing his game would it not be better to integrate his game and if better either keep him or that his value rises?
Even if need to trade him next summer for cap space. With his injury and teams very tight with salary is there really a good market for him now?
This about Jimmy Butler? I get Kyrie but is Jimmy a problem? Bulls were happy to rid themselves of him and he now is making noise in Minny? This the Alpha we really want?
At this moment Jimmy is far better than THjr but Jimmy is going to cost some 10mil more per annum then THjr and Im looking at value. Do I want three max contracts of Butler, Kyrie and KP? Is that my chip core?

And finally we can see why Thibs never got an interview with Phil. This guy just wears players out mentally and physically.
I know there was a contingent of knick fans that loved this guy but the quick response is if Butler wants out, Wiggins is tuning him out and Towns is not happy then Thibs might want to call his buddy JVG and look into that broadcast thing again.

Don't have to be the fact that Knicks are not happy with THJr or that Jimmy is a target. It would be just about cap space management long term and the ability to do 2 max contacts at some point in the very near future.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2018  1:04 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:what evidence outside of fan's distain do we think knicks are not happy with THjr?

Don't have to be the fact that Knicks are not happy with THJr or that Jimmy is a target. It would be just about cap space management long term and the ability to do 2 max contacts at some point in the very near future.

I prefer to wait to see if Timmy game is on the rise or not. Im optimistic. Im not into the "Timmy is Mills baby"......I saw a kid whose game got better thru hard work but still had to learn to let the game come to him. He was thrusted into the 2nd, then 1st option role. We over paid because that's how the game works.

Jabari Parker had to get a deal Milwaukee would not match. Second year is team option. To get a player away you have to pay a guy a sum that he has not yet to earn. Its a gamble. Bulls paid more but its a one year tryout. Lin, Landry, Timmy....... this is how it works. Sometimes the team is hamstrung by salary and opportunity to get a quality player at full retail or above is available.
I remember Allan Houston's first contract, team flew in and made him a good offer. If he don't sign, they fly out to see Reggie Miller and it was reported he'd have signed. There was no matching thing then but often a team has to move quick and player has to respond in kind.
I know many think knicks then over paid when Allan opted out but the wink-nod-nod I always believe was Dolan promised the money when he signed first contract. Just my opinion.
In any event Jabari breaks out he has leverage to ask for a long term or $40mil if BUlls don't want to sign him long term. Jabari value is what? 12mil?, 15? So whats another 5mm to Bulls who get a good look at a major talent. Not sure what Milwaukee could not go over $12 or didn't want to. Jabari made a good choice for himself and at the very least he gets to play back at home in Chicago. If your going to be cold, why be in Milwaukee? Chitown is much nicer!!

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/16/2018  1:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

I prefer to wait to see if Timmy game is on the rise or not. Im optimistic. Im not into the "Timmy is Mills baby"......I saw a kid whose game got better thru hard work but still had to learn to let the game come to him. He was thrusted into the 2nd, then 1st option role. We over paid because that's how the game works.

Jabari Parker had to get a deal Milwaukee would not match. Second year is team option. To get a player away you have to pay a guy a sum that he has not yet to earn. Its a gamble. Bulls paid more but its a one year tryout. Lin, Landry, Timmy....... this is how it works. Sometimes the team is hamstrung by salary and opportunity to get a quality player at full retail or above is available.
I remember Allan Houston's first contract, team flew in and made him a good offer. If he don't sign, they fly out to see Reggie Miller and it was reported he'd have signed. There was no matching thing then but often a team has to move quick and player has to respond in kind.
I know many think knicks then over paid when Allan opted out but the wink-nod-nod I always believe was Dolan promised the money when he signed first contract. Just my opinion.
In any event Jabari breaks out he has leverage to ask for a long term or $40mil if BUlls don't want to sign him long term. Jabari value is what? 12mil?, 15? So whats another 5mm to Bulls who get a good look at a major talent. Not sure what Milwaukee could not go over $12 or didn't want to. Jabari made a good choice for himself and at the very least he gets to play back at home in Chicago. If your going to be cold, why be in Milwaukee? Chitown is much nicer!!

Even if Chicago offered him less money, he was leaving anyway. His connection to his hometown is very strong, as I've read in several articles.

Timmy is a solid player to have and I agree on why we overpaid for him. I still don't agree with his contract or really the timing of his contract during a rebuild, didn't make since.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/16/2018  6:07 PM
TLover wrote:It has been 1 year since Scott Perry signed with the Knicks. We are now allowed by league rules to make trades with the Kings. Think they have 4 expiring contracts we would be interested in and they may have an interest in Hardaway or Lee.

Noah for Bagley and Fox

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/18/2018  12:45 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/18/2018  3:35 PM
martin wrote:
thats about right. His open market is MLE I think
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
We can start making trades with Sacramento..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy