[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about getting a couple of Fiz’s old players from Grizz..
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
7/14/2018  10:48 PM
2 expiring contracts in JaMichael Green & Ben McClamore for C. Lee & D. Dotson would work for both teams. Grizzlies fill the one position (SG) they are unsettled at with Lee. Knicks clear Lee’s contract for 2 players that understand Fiz’s way of doing things.
AUTOADVERT
TLover
USA
7/14/2018  10:58 PM
TLover wrote:2 expiring contracts in JaMichael Green & Ben McClamore for C. Lee & D. Dotson would work for both teams. Grizzlies fill the one position (SG) they are unsettled at with Lee. Knicks clear Lee’s contract for 2 players that understand Fiz’s way of doing things.

Btw wouldn’t mind adding Noah for Parsons in the deal :-)

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/15/2018  12:28 AM
Don’t know if I am Grizz I assume I can squeeze more out of Green / Ben and for less $ than 33 yr old C Lee and Dotson off garbage summer league performance.

I would mind taking a flyer on 23 yr old N Vonley who was renounced to make room for Parker signing.

Doesn’t fit the vet role but can’t Lance, Kanter, Lee and even timm6 do that role

Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/15/2018  7:49 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Don’t know if I am Grizz I assume I can squeeze more out of Green / Ben and for less $ than 33 yr old C Lee and Dotson off garbage summer league performance.

I would mind taking a flyer on 23 yr old N Vonley who was renounced to make room for Parker signing.

Doesn’t fit the vet role but can’t Lance, Kanter, Lee and even timm6 do that role

Their owner wants a return to 50 wins. I doubt they get 50 wins, àbut perhaps a veteran 3 and D shooting that shot 40 plus percent from three point range last season would be an appealing partner for Conley in their back court?

Conley, Lee, Anderson, JJJ, Gasol

TLover
USA
7/15/2018  8:37 AM
TLover wrote:
TLover wrote:2 expiring contracts in JaMichael Green & Ben McClamore for C. Lee & D. Dotson would work for both teams. Grizzlies fill the one position (SG) they are unsettled at with Lee. Knicks clear Lee’s contract for 2 players that understand Fiz’s way of doing things.

Btw wouldn’t mind adding Noah for Parsons in the deal :-)

Never mind thought Parsons was expiring contract. Noah is actually the better contract lol

Seriously though, Lee would fit in perfectly on the Grizzlies and Dotson is not a bad throw in.
Grizzlies are locked in with their other contracts as well.

Knicks been looking for a vet PF and Green fits that and McClamore still has some upside.
Most importantly it frees up space for 2019.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/15/2018  11:17 AM
Mike1989 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Don’t know if I am Grizz I assume I can squeeze more out of Green / Ben and for less $ than 33 yr old C Lee and Dotson off garbage summer league performance.

Their owner wants a return to 50 wins. I doubt they get 50 wins, àbut perhaps a veteran 3 and D shooting that shot 40 plus percent from three point range last season would be an appealing partner for Conley in their back court?

They are familiar with Lee. He helped turn their season around the last time they traded for him. The Grizzlies might bite. I doubt it, but it's worth a try.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/15/2018  11:20 AM

I actually really like JM Green. He's a potential fit next to KP as a combo big man who rebounds, defends, and knocks down open threes.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/15/2018  11:22 AM
Mike1989 wrote:

Courtney Lee will not get to you 50 wins. Adding Courtney Lee to that roster won't push them to 50 wins.

Expiring contracts will be very valuable at the deadline, the Grizzlies can jump in as the third or fourth team in a larger trade and get an asset or assets for forming a salary match for other teams.

Most teams will see what they can get for the veterans minimum ( about 2.4 million) If you can get a player who can give you about 50-60 percent of what Lee gives you, for 2.4 with no additional commitment versus Lee at 2/24, what do you think most teams are going to do?

Phil Jackson tried to trade Lee from the moment he signed him. No one wanted him then, they don't want him now at his AAV/contract length unless they are dumping a bad contract.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/15/2018  12:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

Courtney Lee will not get to you 50 wins. Adding Courtney Lee to that roster won't push them to 50 wins.

Expiring contracts will be very valuable at the deadline, the Grizzlies can jump in as the third or fourth team in a larger trade and get an asset or assets for forming a salary match for other teams.

Most teams will see what they can get for the veterans minimum ( about 2.4 million) If you can get a player who can give you about 50-60 percent of what Lee gives you, for 2.4 with no additional commitment versus Lee at 2/24, what do you think most teams are going to do?

Phil Jackson tried to trade Lee from the moment he signed him. No one wanted him then, they don't want him now at his AAV/contract length unless they are dumping a bad contract.

Their owner believes a healthy Mike Conley and Marc Gasol can be the go to options on a 50 win team with the right support. Now unless that's all hot air and they intend to tank and trade Gasol and Conley for whatever they can get, then they'll likely be open to someone like Courtney Lee who can come in and play a consistent role in helping them win games.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/15/2018  1:51 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

Their owner believes a healthy Mike Conley and Marc Gasol can be the go to options on a 50 win team with the right support. Now unless that's all hot air and they intend to tank and trade Gasol and Conley for whatever they can get, then they'll likely be open to someone like Courtney Lee who can come in and play a consistent role in helping them win games.

OK, let's go over this one more time.

NOTHING a pro sports franchise owner, GM, coach or player says in the open press means anything at all.

Here's an exception. When Robert Kraft says Aaron Hernandez will never play for the Patriots again, that's definitive. Other than that, nothing they say means anything.

This is the time of the year were the press helps out franchises by fluffing up the hope and rookies and expectations. To sell tickets. To promote the team. Not all teams are cash rich like the Knicks. Many teams need to keep actively marketing their team to sell tickets, get luxury and courtside seat renewals, get ad sponsors, etc.

What is the Grizzlies owner going to say? I expect to lose?

They are not going to take Lee in the scenario you proposed. If they would, it would have happened already, so they could sort out the back end of free agency with a better plan.

Lee has some useful utility for an NBA team, but he HAS NO CURRENT TRADE VALUE BASED ON HIS AAV AND CONTRACT LENGTH.

You can be a useful player and have no trade value. Ryan Anderson is actually a very efficient floor spacer and long range shooter. On a lesser contract, he'd be super useful and valuable. He'd be useful to plenty of teams on an expiring deal worth 6 million. But he doesn't have that contract. He can help a team a little somewhere, but he HAS NO TRADE VALUE.

Your TRADE VALUE can be INDEPENDENT of your ACTUAL UTILITY.

Lee was signed to a four year deal when he should have only gotten two. That's the problem here. It's like guys who marry a woman just because they really want kids and they think she will make a very good mother. Now you got a couple of kid. You realize you invested in something that is useful but has no value in the marketplace ( A single mom towing a couple of young kids after some age and baby weight isn't going to land the next Chris Hemsworth ) And detaching is very expensive and complicated. This is the Lee scenario.

How about getting a couple of Fiz’s old players from Grizz..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy