USA
7/13/2018  12:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Camby 2.5

I think he might have a slightly different skillset than Camby. Camby was also super duper skinny (which definitely contributed to his injury problems) while Robinson seems to have some wirey strength in him.

He’s definitely playing like Camby right now though.

I think he will fit alongside KP much better than Willy could (and I liked Willy)

I also think The SHit has a tenacity and ferociousness to his game that Camby often lacked. We will see him getting feeds on breaks that will produce thunder.

His FT shooting is horrible though -- needs immediate attention

I agree, Camby didnt become a real force until he left NY. Played with more intensity in Denver. His injuries also subsided (until we got him back of course)

Remember those 20/20 games he was putting up in Denver, or somewhere in that range. Robinson is going to need to improve his footwork, to be able to make the most out of his athleticism.

Definitely going to be an upgrade from Willy. Hernangomez was more polished around the rim, but he didnt put in half the effort, defensively. Looking forward to seeing a front line of KP/Robinson. Defensively, they should be scary, if they learn to work together to cover each other's mistakes.

I can't under estimate what camby did when he was healthy, your talking about an era where there was a surplus of big men in the league.

KP and Mitch don't have any Big men in the east to deal with other than Embiid.

The most important part of their success will be our PG, and that's on BOTH ENDS.

I heard fiz is considering playing a line up of

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

I heard Fizdale wants to try a big lineup like that, been saying thats where the league is headed. As mobile as KP is for a 7fter, dont believe he's mobile enough to play the 3. I could see Knox playing the 2 in time, but the jury is still out on Frank as a PG IMO. Kornet would have to make strides as well.

This is a fun line up to think about for next year. Truth be told, Frank won't be up to Hardaway's offensive level next year and insert THjr in and that's a offensive juggernut. Mitchell will have a lot of "Capella" like looks as you have 4 shooters out there!
Super fun to play with. Long term if Knox fills out he will be a handful at the 3, KP at the 4 and Mitchell scrubbing the sky at the 5!

AUTOADVERT
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

7/13/2018  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2018  1:23 PM
Sub out Kornet for KD and we're in the finals. :)
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
STATMELO
Member: #3637

7/13/2018  1:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2018  2:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I think he might have a slightly different skillset than Camby. Camby was also super duper skinny (which definitely contributed to his injury problems) while Robinson seems to have some wirey strength in him.

I think he will fit alongside KP much better than Willy could (and I liked Willy)

I also think The SHit has a tenacity and ferociousness to his game that Camby often lacked. We will see him getting feeds on breaks that will produce thunder.

I agree, Camby didnt become a real force until he left NY. Played with more intensity in Denver. His injuries also subsided (until we got him back of course)

Remember those 20/20 games he was putting up in Denver, or somewhere in that range. Robinson is going to need to improve his footwork, to be able to make the most out of his athleticism.

Definitely going to be an upgrade from Willy. Hernangomez was more polished around the rim, but he didnt put in half the effort, defensively. Looking forward to seeing a front line of KP/Robinson. Defensively, they should be scary, if they learn to work together to cover each other's mistakes.

I can't under estimate what camby did when he was healthy, your talking about an era where there was a surplus of big men in the league.

The most important part of their success will be our PG, and that's on BOTH ENDS.

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

The bigs of today are better than those of the late 90’s and early 00’s when Camby was here. Antonio Davis, Theo Ratliff, and Jamaal Magloire were making All-Star teams then.

Mitch looks very impressive but weight training will be very important in his rookie season. He will be a great rim protector and P&R defender but will struggle mightily in the post. If he got destroyed and repeatedly exploited by Tony Bradley and Diamond Stone what do you think real NBA starting caliber centers will do to him?

It’s not only Embiid. How is he expected to defend behemoths like Drummond, Whiteside, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez in Milwaukee, you also got Al Horford a perennial All-Star. The kid Myles Turner in Indiana.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/13/2018  4:24 PM
STATMELO wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

The bigs of today are better than those of the late 90’s and early 00’s when Camby was here. Antonio Davis, Theo Ratliff, and Jamaal Magloire were making All-Star teams then.

Mitch looks very impressive but weight training will be very important in his rookie season. He will be a great rim protector and P&R defender but will struggle mightily in the post. If he got destroyed and repeatedly exploited by Tony Bradley and Diamond Stone what do you think real NBA starting caliber centers will do to him?

It’s not only Embiid. How is he expected to defend behemoths like Drummond, Whiteside, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez in Milwaukee, you also got Al Horford a perennial All-Star. The kid Myles Turner in Indiana.

He will struggle....just like most rookies....

The question we ask every year....Is it better to learn against NBA competition or G league which is similar to summer league talent.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/13/2018  6:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

Currently, in specific matchup situations, Yes. ( This kind of lineup might do very well in transition, Robinson can flat out fly for a big man)

Over the long haul, for THIS SEASON, No. It would be exploited.

For floor spacing, Zinger would be forced to be a Stretch 4/5 almost exclusively. Replacing Kornet long term with a 3 And D wing would help.

There are solid arguments that any NBA team should just put the five best players on the floor and then figure it out later. While "positions" might be fluid, floor spacing is not. Knicks need more long range shooters or they need Frank N and/or Knox to develop a legit three point shot in a hurry.

I recognize Mikal Bridges does not have the same ceiling as Knox, but his floor might end up being more balanced against a cohesive lineup.

What Fizdale is likely referring to is the size of functional wings is growing ( i.e. a Ben Simmons type) not that you can roll out a lineup of pivots and not get burned in matchups. A FUNCTIONAL jumbo wing is very useful, a tweener pivot is not so much. The size difference can sometimes be marginal between the two.

I love the Knicks, I want them to do well. But I recognize this team is gonna suffer quite a bit at this point because that's just how a full on rebuild goes.

KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
7/14/2018  2:38 AM

How dare you!

I bleed orange and blue for life.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/14/2018  9:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2018  9:45 AM
I think DeAndre Jordan was s a decent comp for now. Note that it took many years for him to become more than a bench big man.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordade01.html

With that said, he has great hands and may have makings of better skills than a lot of quality bigs in recent history. Unlike Shaq and Howard (and Deandre and Camby and Chandler) his shooting form looks good. This bodes well for him developing some range beyond just around the basket.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
OldFan
Member: #446
7/14/2018  12:07 PM
STATMELO wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

The late 90 weren't as devoid of quality big men as you imply: SHAQ, Duncan, Mutombo, Mourning were pretty good, but I agree he'll need to get stronger.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/14/2018  12:46 PM
I just look forward to SWAT city with KP & MR. Expect some 10 blk combos as they look to out do each other

When MR gets a reliable 3 pt shot. That's gonna be a ball handlers dream of spacing, lobs, & protection from the 2 of them.

With KP, MR, Knox, Frank all in place. The foundation may finally be set up to go after a young dynamo with the ball.

Would like to see what Thjr brings to the table as well with the new pieces. Can he mold his game to become more of a player maker?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/14/2018  8:38 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/14/2018  10:41 PM
STATMELO wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

Yeah, how he develops physically will make a huge difference on whether he becomes a legitimate starter or not. He may have to start hi career at forward

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
7/15/2018  2:01 PM
STATMELO
Member: #3637

7/15/2018  2:50 PM
OldFan wrote:
STATMELO wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

The late 90 weren't as devoid of quality big men as you imply: SHAQ, Duncan, Mutombo, Mourning were pretty good, but I agree he'll need to get stronger.

The cream of the crop was quality but the depth wasn’t there. Look at some of the other centers starting on other teams. Hell, look at who was defending Shaq in those Finals series. Mourning was injury prone, Mutombo was on that Rudy Gobert/Clint Capela level, Patrick was past his prime.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/15/2018  8:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Mitch- 7"
Kornet- 7"
Kp- 7 3"
knox- 6 9"
Frank-6 6"

Think that can work?

Not with Frank at PG, he doesn't provide any dribble penetration

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/16/2018  9:34 AM
If there is one player who has helped their stock the most by competing in NBA summer league, it’s New York Knicks rookie Mitchell Robinson.

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA
This block by Mitchell Robinson is nuts. Look at the amount of ground he covers after defending the pick-and-roll.

On the defensive end, he should be able to make a tremendous impact for the Knicks next season and for years to come as he continues to develop. It was clear during his time in Las Vegas that he has the necessary intangibles, which were on display whenever guarding the opposition.

Robinson averaged 4.0 blocks per game, which is the most ever recorded in summer league. He added 13.0 points and 10.2 rebounds in 24.7 minutes per game, while shooting 66.7 percent from the field. In his best performance, he totaled 14 points, 12 rebounds and 5 blocks in just 19 minutes. His 6.2 offensive rebounds per game were also the most in summer league history.

For comparison, No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton averaged 14.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 1.0 block per game for the Phoenix Suns. Ayton was on the floor for an additional two minutes in each game he played as well.

Joseph Flynn

@ChinaJoeFlynn
Mitchell Robinson is gonna end Summer League with pretty similar numbers as No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton, despite not playing basketball for a year. That's wild.

6:43 PM - Jul 12, 2018
53 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
It’s just exhibition basketball, but it was especially refreshing to see Robinson in great shape considering he did not play competitively last season after foregoing his sole collegiate season.

While it’s worth applauding his defensive skill set, the big man also showed tremendous offensive efficiency. He was able to score without having the ball in his hands for most of the possession and, as reporters noted, he hardly had to dribble to get his buckets.

His athleticism has made him a tremendously exciting prospect and one worth watching whenever he steps on the court. When he’s near the basket on either end of the floor, he’s a potential human highlight.

Did the knicks catch a diamond in the ruff or what.

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/16/2018  9:50 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
If there is one player who has helped their stock the most by competing in NBA summer league, it’s New York Knicks rookie Mitchell Robinson.

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA
This block by Mitchell Robinson is nuts. Look at the amount of ground he covers after defending the pick-and-roll.

On the defensive end, he should be able to make a tremendous impact for the Knicks next season and for years to come as he continues to develop. It was clear during his time in Las Vegas that he has the necessary intangibles, which were on display whenever guarding the opposition.

Robinson averaged 4.0 blocks per game, which is the most ever recorded in summer league. He added 13.0 points and 10.2 rebounds in 24.7 minutes per game, while shooting 66.7 percent from the field. In his best performance, he totaled 14 points, 12 rebounds and 5 blocks in just 19 minutes. His 6.2 offensive rebounds per game were also the most in summer league history.

For comparison, No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton averaged 14.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 1.0 block per game for the Phoenix Suns. Ayton was on the floor for an additional two minutes in each game he played as well.

Joseph Flynn

@ChinaJoeFlynn
Mitchell Robinson is gonna end Summer League with pretty similar numbers as No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton, despite not playing basketball for a year. That's wild.

It’s just exhibition basketball, but it was especially refreshing to see Robinson in great shape considering he did not play competitively last season after foregoing his sole collegiate season.

While it’s worth applauding his defensive skill set, the big man also showed tremendous offensive efficiency. He was able to score without having the ball in his hands for most of the possession and, as reporters noted, he hardly had to dribble to get his buckets.

His athleticism has made him a tremendously exciting prospect and one worth watching whenever he steps on the court. When he’s near the basket on either end of the floor, he’s a potential human highlight.

We really did. Hopefully he can be like Jokic in terms of future star that somehow fell to the 2nd round. I don't expect that much from him, but i have raised my hope that he becomes a high-level starter in the league.

CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2018  10:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA

Joseph Flynn

@ChinaJoeFlynn

He was a huge get. Skipping the combine really hurt him but helped the Knicks. Kudos to Perry/Mills for locking him up to a team friendly deal.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2018  11:17 AM
Knicks, prospects, draft hopes, etc.....
This is all so new.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/16/2018  12:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA

Joseph Flynn

@ChinaJoeFlynn

He was a huge get. Skipping the combine really hurt him but helped the Knicks. Kudos to Perry/Mills for locking him up to a team friendly deal.

Having a guy like Noah around can really help him on and off the court.

I know the knicks want to clear as much Cap as they could, but the 3 guys in which they need to get rid of..LEE, LANCE and NOAH, are the 3 vets we need to help These guys development.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/16/2018  12:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA

Joseph Flynn

@ChinaJoeFlynn

He did most of his damage just off his natural instincts, length and athleticism. He can be special. Not needing the ball to generate volume is huge, closing out on the 3 is huge. Add in the rebounding and rim protection. He and KP can be a real real good tandem in maybe the Sheed & Ben mold with more offensive skills. He would allow KP to stay in the paint a little more on defense while he takes out stretch 4s. Can he be our Shawn Marion *type* at PF/C?

I read that he has a 4 yr deal with the last 2 being player option. Which is a great deal for the Knicks, but my question is if he opts out after 2 seasons. We only have his early bird rights? Or can we offer him more since we drafted him? Usually it takes about 3 yrs to obtain full rights correct? Would he be a RFA which Knicks could match any offer?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Dear Mr. Robinson:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy