[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ringer Article: With Kevin KNox, the Knicks' New Era is Officially Here
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/12/2018  10:02 AM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/12/17562832/kevin-knox-knicks-summer-league
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2018  10:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/12/17562832/kevin-knox-knicks-summer-league

Thanks. I like this article too, forgot to post it a week ago: https://theundefeated.com/features/david-fizdale-with-time-people-will-see-that-it-is-a-different-new-york-knicks/

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/12/2018  10:26 AM
even though his percentages might not be high in summer league or college, but he seems to have a really smooth stroke - and that he will eventually, with practice, become a really lethal shooter.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/12/2018  11:09 AM
franco12 wrote:even though his percentages might not be high in summer league or college, but he seems to have a really smooth stroke - and that he will eventually, with practice, become a really lethal shooter.

Yeah the lower percentages are just him really feeling out the game. He will have to do that this season and will probably not shoot the ball well at times. But numbers aside, he is showing some major tools that make him such an intriguing prospect. It will take him awhile to put it together, but the tools are clearly there. The optimism from around the league is very encouraging. It shows that so many are seeing the same things we are.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/12/2018  11:19 AM
franco12 wrote:even though his percentages might not be high in summer league or college, but he seems to have a really smooth stroke - and that he will eventually, with practice, become a really lethal shooter.

and Knox doesnt need a lot of daylight to get a good look. Going to make it hard to stop him, once he finds the rim, with some consistency.

CrushAlot
USA
7/12/2018  11:22 AM
Another Knox article.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2785517-summer-league-stud-kevin-knox-could-really-be-a-star-for-new-york-knicks
CrushAlot
USA
7/12/2018  11:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Another Knox article.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2785517-summer-league-stud-kevin-knox-could-really-be-a-star-for-new-york-knicks
It is a Wasserman article so there is a lot of good video analysis.
It's unreasonable to think Knox will overtake Deandre Ayton as the Rookie of the Year favorite, but long-term, signs indicate the Knicks have landed another cornerstone and potential second star.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/12/2018  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2018  11:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
It's unreasonable to think Knox will overtake Deandre Ayton as the Rookie of the Year favorite, but long-term, signs indicate the Knicks have landed another cornerstone and potential second star.

This article just came though my knicks alert on my phone...lol

great prospective.

like i said in the game thread, he is easily going to become my favorite knick since SPREWELL. He reminds me some much of him, just a taller version

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/12/2018  12:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

great prospective.

like i said in the game thread, he is easily going to become my favorite knick since SPREWELL. He reminds me some much of him, just a taller version

the new rule of thumb for draft prospects should be 3-on-3's!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/12/2018  1:31 PM
My take on young players like Knox...You look at and highlight the good things he can do...while only noting the deficiencies. I tend to get more excited about what they can do now, if it is special, than go crazy about what he is not doing well during his first few years in the league.

The things he can do NOW are impressive, and can be built upon...the things we don't see him doing well now can be addressed...and from my observations, I don't see that any of his present deficiencies are beyond his ability to change through experience and coaching.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/12/2018  1:38 PM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

great prospective.

I heard Doris Burke break down the difference in solo work outs and 3 on 3. you obviously see and learn much more playing 3 on 3, it's extremely helpful in learning how to Cut, Pass, screen, and switch on D, and from all accounts, Knox Nailed it pretty good

ES
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/12/2018  3:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

great prospective.

I heard Doris Burke break down the difference in solo work outs and 3 on 3. you obviously see and learn much more playing 3 on 3, it's extremely helpful in learning how to Cut, Pass, screen, and switch on D, and from all accounts, Knox Nailed it pretty good

Harder to "hide" in 3/3 game, and it can really expose defensive deficiencies...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/12/2018  4:32 PM
So you are telling me he could be the potential steal of the draft. Ohh baby yes. I am ready. I see the super athleticism,the sweet stroke, I see a superb transition game, the dribble skills, I see potential for great passing and defense and there still is time to fulfill that potential. I think KP was a steal @4, and K-Knocks looks like another one.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2018  4:48 PM
Months before the draft i had bridges as my pick but getting closer to the draft i started hearing raves for knox as he shot up the board. I watched him last year and was impressed but i didnt think he was our guy. Now i see not only the offense but the rebounding defense and athleticism which is crazy. So happy with the pick along with mitchell
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/12/2018  5:05 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Months before the draft i had bridges as my pick but getting closer to the draft i started hearing raves for knox as he shot up the board. I watched him last year and was impressed but i didnt think he was our guy. Now i see not only the offense but the rebounding defense and athleticism which is crazy. So happy with the pick along with mitchell

Same here. I flipped to Knox last minute from Bridges because i didn't realize how young he is (could easily be going into his freshman year in college) and already produced at Kentucky on another talent-loaded team. You get the feeling like there was another level that Kentucky was hiding, similar with Towns and Booker. He already shows a little of everything on the offensive end. And defensive upside is there too. I saw a Tabias Harris type but i think he's more athletic and better overall talent. He may have Paul George upside.

Ringer Article: With Kevin KNox, the Knicks' New Era is Officially Here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy