[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2018  11:48 AM
Stealing this post from RealGM, don't have a link to the Podcast but I'm sure Crush will listen to it soon enough:

BowlRips wrote:https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1726871

Check out the latest edition of the Lowe Post Podcast featuring Zach Lowe, Howard Beck and Rachel Nichols.
At 27min mark, they bring up Durant and Rachel Nichols immediately brings up the Knicks as a viable option.
Seems to be in the tone of "informed speculation"
But reasons she cites are

- one upping Lebron on his move to LA
- KD's manager, Rich Kleiman, ties to the Knicks
- Durant not being satisfied in Golden State
- Warriors brass unsure if Durant wants to remain there and were even concerned he would leave this offseason
- Opportunity for KD to fix his image
- Return of the Mecca
- Scott Perry's ties to Durant when he was working for Sonics when KD was drafted there

She said if KD takes meetings then he will def meet the Knicks.
She put odds that KD as more likely that not that this could happen.
Lowe and Beck both agreed that you can't dismiss the idea it could happen

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2018  11:55 AM
Wow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/11/2018  11:59 AM
Next off season is a long time away. KD is great and NY would be lucky to get him along with the young core that is developing.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/11/2018  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2018  12:05 PM
Irving
Frank
Durant
KP
Robinson

Burke
Hardaway
Hezonja
Knox
Top 5 pick

Imaging getting your cheeks done in by our first team then you have to deal with Burke Hardaway and Knox off the bench....

The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/11/2018  12:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wow.

When I see it, I'll believe it, but getting him would not only be good for the team, obviously, it would really help the development of Knox, who would have the perfect role model to emulate. I think Knox would be a guaranteed future star if he could play 4/5 years with Durant.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2018  12:19 PM
Knicks small ball fantasy lineup:

Frank
SG
KK
KD
KP

Not so small

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/11/2018  12:35 PM
the knicks have got to figure a way to open up more cap space, they have a shot at grabbing possible 2 Max players in

KD
Butler
Irving,

Yet if they resign KP before the seasons over, and a 9 mill a cap hold for Mario, they would be left with roughly 10 mill. Max contracts are starting at 30 mill and that's a discount.

The only good thing is, Noah, lee and lance will have expiring deals.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2018  12:58 PM
From Lowe's article this morning,
P.S.: I get why folks mock the notion that Durant would consider the Knicks as long as James Dolan is slouching over the franchise, but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think New York will try. People who have spent years around Durant can't say for sure what he wants from the game. It's unclear if he knows. Some of those people predict, if you force them, that he will one day leave Golden State for a team that can be truly his.

I have no idea. I do know that Rich Kleiman, Durant's business manager, is from New York. Scott Perry, New York's GM, was an executive with the Seattle SuperSonics when they drafted Durant and remains close with him.

New York will obviously have company pitching Durant, if he hears pitches. (Golden State's new arena doesn't open until the 2019-20 season; who could blame Durant for wanting to play in it?) Those suitors will bring track records of basic competency the Dolan-era Knicks have rarely achieved.

But New York will try.

Next summer is going to be a whirlwind. Rest up.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24057463/zach-lowe-winners-losers-2018-nba-free-agency
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2018  1:19 PM
Really a list of not solid reasons.
Wants his own team? OKC was his.
I’m thinking GS was about be part of a “Team” that is special and he as embraced to be a part of the joy.
Also, he wanted to be part of the venture capital scene of technology that exists.
Ties to Perry, Manager ties to knicks.......all kind of light to me.
NY and London are the financial capitals of the world, NY is the fashion capital, music scene, art scene, clubs, and it never sleeps!!!Maybe there is the experience of living and working here he wants.
Play in Manhattan, live there, and be a part of young team on the rise. I can see that.
Mario would be gone, and some cap can be cleared. It’s doable. Build a foundation and the Starphuch will come!!!!!
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/11/2018  5:25 PM
The 1+1 is only Durant angling for the Supermax after his 3rd year in GS
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/11/2018  8:01 PM
IMO NYK would be perfect for Durant (If he cares about this type reasoning). Knicks have the ideal combination of promising talent but low overall stature. So if KD were to come in and the talent were to blossom. He would be viewed as the reason and him winning in NY would offer him legendary status. Same reasons why NY would be appealing for Kyrie with the added bonus of winning one for the local team like Lebron did for Cleveland.

Its fun to fantasizes. I will believe it all when I see it though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/11/2018  8:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:the knicks have got to figure a way to open up more cap space, they have a shot at grabbing possible 2 Max players in

KD
Butler
Irving,

Yet if they resign KP before the seasons over, and a 9 mill a cap hold for Mario, they would be left with roughly 10 mill. Max contracts are starting at 30 mill and that's a discount.

The only good thing is, Noah, lee and lance will have expiring deals.

No chance without surrendering picks. If we get the first pick we could trade it for a team willing to absorb Noah and Hardaway jr

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/11/2018  8:16 PM
TPercy wrote:Irving
Frank
Durant
KP
Robinson

Burke
Hardaway
Hezonja
Knox
Top 5 pick

Imaging getting your cheeks done in by our first team then you have to deal with Burke Hardaway and Knox off the bench....

No way to build that team without getting rid of Hardaway Jr.. The most cap space the Knicks could have is 67 million. Thats with a roster of
KP
Burke
Mitchell Robinson
Frank
Dotson
Top 5 pick
2nd rounder

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy