[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: Knicks’ lottery pick needs two games to show scary potential (Knox)
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/10/2018  4:10 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/07/09/knicks-lottery-pick-needs-two-games-to-show-scary-potential/

Good read. This writer (and the scouts he quotes) are all Knox and are tabbing him as a future all-star sooner than later - with no red flags in his game.

As we've seen, he seems to make quick decisions with the ball. He may have a tendency to make the safe passes now, but it doesn't mean that in a future summer league they'll send him out there as a point forward and tell him to learn the position (a la Antetkounmpo) by fire.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/10/2018  4:50 PM
I originally thought his upside was something like Tabias Harris, but he looks so much more athletic and talented.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/10/2018  5:19 PM
Some posters were concerned about his motor. Figured before the draft that not having to be in a blue chip program like Kentucky, not having his Dad playing such a prominent role might be liberating for Knox. So far it looks that way.

Hopefully what we see is only the beginning. Someone mentioned Sprewell as a comparison. As far as relentlessly attacking the rim, and finishing with a vengeance, Knox sure looks familiar.

Kevin's D has been better than billed. If he can up it some more, the Sprewell comparison will really fit.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/10/2018  5:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Some posters were concerned about his motor. Figured before the draft that not having to be in a blue chip program like Kentucky, not having his Dad playing such a prominent role might be liberating for Knox. So far it looks that way.

Hopefully what we see is only the beginning. Someone mentioned Sprewell as a comparison. As far as relentlessly attacking the rim, and finishing with a vengeance, Knox sure looks familiar.

Kevin's D has been better than billed. If he can up it some more, the Sprewell comparison will really fit.

Word, I was def scared about his motor. But that doesn't seem to be an issue at all, and he convinced the Knicks that wouldn't be an issue. Since that all come to be true and not smoke screens it has worked out for the best.

He fights for rebounds in traffic, guards multiple positions, displays some of the toughness that opened the Knicks eyes. Even improved his handle.

And is he is still one of the youngest players coming out of this draft. As long as he builds those little things up to be apart of his DNA he will become a stud. The next phase after all that would be being able to create for others.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/10/2018  5:43 PM
And he also hasn't even displayed his off the ball using screens for jumpers game.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/10/2018  5:49 PM
It looks like he's really put a lot of work in since the college season. He's probably in the best shape of his life - better conditioning than March Madness. Sky's the limit for this guy.

Here's another fun read - BR's write up on the top 10 players and pro comparisons from the McDonald's All Americans from 2017. Interestingly, Knox was ranked #7...

Pro-player comparison: Rudy Gay

How they compare: Ultra-athletic wings with perimeter skills are hard to come by, but Kevin Knox is a smooth and fluid athlete who reminds a bit of Rudy Gay.

The 6'8", 203-pound Knox is similar in size to the Sacramento Kings veteran, and Knox has a chance to add more strength and bulk up like Gay has done during his NBA career. Both Knox and Gay can elevate and finish well above the rim, while Knox also has a high-arcing jumper that is reminiscent of Gay's.

Knox's inconsistent perimeter shooting has been worth monitoring during his high school career, but Gay was also inefficient from long range early in his career before developing a more reliable jumper.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698540-pro-player-comparisons-for-2017-mcdonalds-all-american-game#slide0

Care to guess who was listed as #6? I'll ruin the suspense... it's our very own Mitchell Robinson!

Pro-player comparison: Hassan Whiteside

How they compare: As the best rim protector and one of the best rebounders in the class of 2017, it is natural to find similarities between Western Kentucky commit Mitchell Robinson and Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside.

Since Robinson moves so well as a 6'11", 215-pound center, he can cover an insane amount of ground and block shots that other players can't get to, which is largely how Whiteside has become one of the NBA's most productive big men.

Both Conference USA centers are late-blooming big men, and Robinson has a chance to be a very strong pro if he continues to develop his game.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/10/2018  6:28 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:And he also hasn't even displayed his off the ball using screens for jumpers game.

Nor his floaters. Kevin Knox used a lot of floaters in college

The Future is Bright!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/10/2018  7:19 PM
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:And he also hasn't even displayed his off the ball using screens for jumpers game.

Nor his floaters. Kevin Knox used a lot of floaters in college

I ma still waiting to see the off the ball part of his game, I am sure it will come. His tapes definitely showed that as a strength.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/10/2018  9:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Some posters were concerned about his motor.

They should still be concerned about his motor. A couple of game against competition that's not full on NBA talent grade isn't going to change the longer body of work that raised questions about his effort.

He's a Knick now, I'm hoping for the best and hoping he will do well and exceed expectations. However everyone is rushing to blow this guy after a few games.

He's made the most of a few early limited opportunities presented in front of him. Good for him. Now let's hope he will be CONSISTENT MOVING FORWARD AND NOT JUST ASSUME IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2018  12:25 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Some posters were concerned about his motor.

They should still be concerned about his motor. A couple of game against competition that's not full on NBA talent grade isn't going to change the longer body of work that raised questions about his effort.

He's a Knick now, I'm hoping for the best and hoping he will do well and exceed expectations. However everyone is rushing to blow this guy after a few games.

He's made the most of a few early limited opportunities presented in front of him. Good for him. Now let's hope he will be CONSISTENT MOVING FORWARD AND NOT JUST ASSUME IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY.

Wont take long to figure out if Knox will continue to play with the same intensity we see now. Playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Knox was in a very regimented system in college, part of a collegiate all star team. I see a young man now who plays like he has a green light to be aggressive in a way he wasnt in college.

Dont see him losing interest. Not with his athleticism, skill set, and a strong desire to be the ROY. So far, so good.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2018  8:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2018  8:20 AM
If he can handle the grind he will get a lot of minutes and how he hits the wall will determine a lot of his SHORT TERM game.
The rudy Gay comparison is a good one. I did not see Spree as a freshman in college so I can't compare but Knox is not as explosive as he is a bit more longer and "lanky". His age and stage of development is why I see it this way. I think frank comes off this way too for the same reasons. Both are still growing into their bodies.
The grind of March madness after conference play, the tournament and then the pressure at KU is no joke especially for a freshman.
Now take it up a few notches and play against veterans whose bodies are forged to produce at this level for months on end should not be discounted.
Im not sizing him up for his HOF jacket quite yet but no doubt a strong showing at summer league AND THIS IS A KNICK is very much something to be happy and excited about.
Article: Knicks’ lottery pick needs two games to show scary potential (Knox)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy