[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo will part ways
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/6/2018  4:55 PM
They will sign Jabari Parker before they sign Melo.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

7/6/2018  4:55 PM
Nalod wrote:Melo in NY with MDA was 7 years ago. Again, why do most think things don't change?
If Melo signs with rockets its sort of logical his role will be determined, parameters set and if met he plays. If not, he don't.
Its not like he gets a big multi year contract. He jerks off MDA, they can waive him. No pulp in his juice card.
He will again be third option.
On Lakers? They need shooters. It might work.

His OKC play confirmed what we knew all along. my prediction is he goes to the Wiz. Dude will finally be going home. West Baltimore is his childhood home. He can say "Dream come true" and all moobyesque other stuff.
That or go to Portland and put up points.
Take a minimum deal for GSW and be a bench player?

I seriously doubt GSW would want anything to do with him. They can afford to have him on the bench forcing them to play 4 on 5 ball. Melo is done. Let him go wherever he wants, as long as it's not the Knciks.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/6/2018  5:02 PM
well that didn't take long

To think OKC had 3 MVP players on that team, and now???

man how fortunes have changed

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2018  5:26 PM
Chandler wrote:well that didn't take long

Presti has been a very good gm for the most part. Taking on Melo's deal was a big mistake that good gms don't make. That contract, for that player, at that age, with a ntc and a trade kicker, is not something a good gm takes on.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
7/6/2018  5:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Presti has been a very good gm for the most part. Taking on Melo's deal was a big mistake that good gms don't make. That contract, for that player, at that age, with a ntc and a trade kicker, is not something a good gm takes on.

If it bad for a GM to take on Melo's contract, what does that say about Phil who gave Melo that contract?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
USA
7/6/2018  5:41 PM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If it bad for a GM to take on Melo's contract, what does that say about Phil who gave Melo that contract?

Phil was horrible as a gm. One of my biggest disappointments as a fan was what he did as the first executive in the Dolan era to have autonomy. The smartest guy in the room came out on the wrong end of things almost every time. He did get his extension. What does it say about a gm when his best coach out of 4 was Derek Fisher? That isn't even getting into all of the personnel mistakes.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/6/2018  5:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil was horrible as a gm. One of my biggest disappointments as a fan was what he did as the first executive in the Dolan era to have autonomy. The smartest guy in the room came out on the wrong end of things almost every time. He did get his extension. What does it say about a gm when his best coach out of 4 was Derek Fisher? That isn't even getting into all of the personnel mistakes.

You have KP and Nitkikina and you can even say Knox because of Phil. Dotson, Kornet had Willie. Phil gave so much to the Knicks. He gave them a damn base to spring upwards to build something positive.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/6/2018  5:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Kanter and Lee for Melo Works?

They need to drop salary, but if the alternative is just to stretch melo, I wonder if they’d consider :

Lee ($12mil)
Noah ($18.5)

for

Melo ($28mil)
Singler (2yrs at $5mil)
Abrines ($5.4mil).

They can then stretch Noah for less of an annual hit than melo, plus they get a starting sg as Roberson may struggle to recover from his injury. I think if melo still has a trade kicker that makes this legal?

I thought of that deal at one point but thought the Thunder would balk because of the multi-year commitment involved. But having seen you lay out the numbers for the players involved and the added fact that they could simply stretch Noah, it just might work. We'd likely have to send them the max in cash incentives that we could offer...but it just might work!

I wonder how they feel about Patrick Patterson? I think he's a bit redundant with Robertson and Grant. Factor in the subpar, injury-plagued season he had and I could see them willing to move him to avoid paying him. If they included him in the deal, that's another $4.5 million ($12.5 milluon outright) they'd save, which would do wonders for their tax bill. I suppose they could always sign a Michael Beasley to the minimum to flesh out depth at theforward spot to replace him, should worse come to worse.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/6/2018  6:00 PM
Nalod wrote:Melo in NY with MDA was 7 years ago. Again, why do most think things don't change?
If Melo signs with rockets its sort of logical his role will be determined, parameters set and if met he plays. If not, he don't.
Its not like he gets a big multi year contract. He jerks off MDA, they can waive him. No pulp in his juice card.
He will again be third option.
On Lakers? They need shooters. It might work.

His OKC play confirmed what we knew all along. my prediction is he goes to the Wiz. Dude will finally be going home. West Baltimore is his childhood home. He can say "Dream come true" and all moobyesque other stuff.
That or go to Portland and put up points.
Take a minimum deal for GSW and be a bench player?

Immediately after winning coach of the year, Dantoni dissed Melo in an interview, knowing he had a very bad year on and off the court, very public marriage problems.Doesnt sound like anything has changed.

MDA was at a career high, Melo a career low. Still couldnt resist a cheap shot. Will be interesting to see where Melo goes, how many contenders want him at this stage in his career?

CrushAlot
USA
7/6/2018  6:49 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You have KP and Nitkikina and you can even say Knox because of Phil. Dotson, Kornet had Willie. Phil gave so much to the Knicks. He gave them a damn base to spring upwards to build something positive.

He was the master of the accidental tank. He didn't trade the Knox pick which was the first he was allowed to trade. He tried to win the entire time he was in NY and gave out two of the worst current contracts in the league. He wasn't trying to accumulate lottery talent. He was trying to win. He majorly upped the dysfunction. The base he gave the team is because he wasn't good at what he was trying to do.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/6/2018  6:57 PM
Gudris wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Kanter and Lee for Melo Works?

what are you smoking? he is toxic on the court

It actually makes a ton of sense if we would then simply waive Melo post trade.

And for folks saying OKC wants to dump salary/$ -- that is correct but they also want to compete NOW so just releasing Melo to compete against you on Lakers/Houston without zero return isn't optimal from a competitive standpoint.

Listening to D-Griffin former cav GM -- he said OKC will try to find some type of crazy 3-way deal that reduces that luxury tax bill.

So still possible some type of deal where cats like Kanter/Lee could be involved with another 3rd team maybe taking on some salary.

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/6/2018  7:44 PM
Marbury is recruiting Melo for a spot in China.
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
7/6/2018  7:51 PM
why not melo for Noah and Lee. Melo can take up the vacuum created by Porzingis out the entire season. expiring contract, we lose noah and thin our glut at Guard.

OKC gets noah that won a title with the okc coach in college and a d and three guard to play well with the other ball hogs.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/6/2018  8:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He was the master of the accidental tank. He didn't trade the Knox pick which was the first he was allowed to trade. He tried to win the entire time he was in NY and gave out two of the worst current contracts in the league. He wasn't trying to accumulate lottery talent. He was trying to win. He majorly upped the dysfunction. The base he gave the team is because he wasn't good at what he was trying to do.

This post is spot on!!! LMAO @ phil gave us so much

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/6/2018  8:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To be fair, Knicks didn't have their 2015 or 2016 draft picks. To be critical, Phil should have done the moves that Nets did while owing their picks to Boston and collected assets by eating some short term contracts until that asset base was built back up. He didn't proved the creativity or innovation needed at that point in time. Committing to Melo and looking to win now with Melo ended up being his down fall.

And at the same time put to rest how the Triangle was the reason for Melo's declining game.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/6/2018  9:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To be fair, Knicks didn't have their 2015 or 2016 draft picks. To be critical, Phil should have done the moves that Nets did while owing their picks to Boston and collected assets by eating some short term contracts until that asset base was built back up. He didn't proved the creativity or innovation needed at that point in time. Committing to Melo and looking to win now with Melo ended up being his down fall.

And at the same time put to rest how the Triangle was the reason for Melo's declining game.

phil half-assed everything from his triangle to his half-ass commit to a youth movement to his half-ass commit to his own coaches....Phil's presence was supposed to lure in players, instead, it was the opposite. The triangle and his alienating personality scared off some prospects...

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/6/2018  10:07 PM
Well we could trade Kanter and Lee (2 expiring contracts) for Melo's expiring contract... and we could be the team to waive Melo.

Or we could use Melo to mentor Knox. :)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/6/2018  10:46 PM
technomaster wrote:Or we could use Melo to mentor Knox. :)

YES. YES.

That's *IT*!

Melo can -cough- *mentor* Knox.

Ha Ha.

Ha hahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.......

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/6/2018  11:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

phil half-assed everything from his triangle to his half-ass commit to a youth movement to his half-ass commit to his own coaches....Phil's presence was supposed to lure in players, instead, it was the opposite. The triangle and his alienating personality scared off some prospects...

All true,

But doesn't alleviate Melo's part in the fiasco. Melo went to an organization with a way better gm than Phil. Way better supporting cast than he had in NY. No Triangle, & Phil has been retired for the year. Yet the end result is him being bought out due to disagreement with coach and management about his future role. As they feel this may lead to distraction and potentially cause a dysfunctional situation.

Bringing up the contract to me seems more like a deflection of the root issue at this stage. If Melo was willing to be a team player for a winning situation that he would have in OKC. And come off the bench, we would be saying Melo is overpaid but wouldn't really put much more thought into it other than that. But by talking about Phil giving him the contract over Melo screwing up a decent situation at the tail end of his career.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/6/2018  11:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2018  11:11 PM
Its like group therapy and we have this conversation less now, but still do.
Why we talking about phil? Melo?
Bottom line is Phil resigned Melo but melo was still an allstar and spouting about "Winning". Did phil mess up or Melo hoodwink him?
Phil was a bit out of character when it comes to melo and seems like he feels betrayed a bit.
Melo stayed true to Melo. Dude is professional and seems like a good dude but he took care of his career before team. Empower a player to do that and perhaps deserve what you get back.
Phil didn't mortgage the future and kept the picks. The Noah signing is really his worst and lets be real, its not like it sank the franchise.
Rose.

Moving on, Melo's decline is a how these mega deals sometimes don't age well. Amare, Ewing, Marbury, Francis, and Melo are all knick related bad endings. Know when to say when.
Kobe did it well. Sank the lakers with his salary and the failed Jimmy Buss area but he finished strong and kept on "a riding into the sunset!". Jordan not so graceful but he still had some game. Bill Russell went out with a chip in style. Shaq was funny.
Will be interesting to see how lebron goes into retirement. Bronny is 13? Wonder if he'll try to play some with his kid if he makes it?

Melo will part ways

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy