[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KOQ signs with Pacers (For same amount as his option year)
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/9/2018  5:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:FROM YOUR BOY

Queens native Kyle O'Quinn wasted no time taking a shot at his hometown and now former team.

The 6-foot-10 reserve center was introduced by the Indiana Pacers on Monday afternoon, and told reporters why he passed up New York's offer and made the move to the midwest after signing a reported one-year, $4.5 million deal.

"I wanted to play for something more than next year's draft." O'Quinn told reporters, according to Charlie Clifford of WISH.

After averaging a career-best 7.1 points and 6.1 rebounds in 18 minutes per game last season, O'Quinn will join the Pacers' up-and-coming young core, while the Knicks appear destined for their fifth straight draft lottery.

Sucks when you can't even sign your on FA, beside I didn't want his non athletic ass anyway.

He was in NY for a lot of dysfunction. I think he will be behind Turner and possibly Sabonis. I like Sabonis at center for the Pacers. It will be interesting to see what role KOQ has in indy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/9/2018  7:35 PM
I always thought KOQ was a dumb player, now I can also say he has no class. Good riddance, don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/10/2018  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2018  12:29 PM
Just saw that. Would only really be eye opening if Knicks offered a long term extension and he turned it down to sign this deal with the Pacers to win. In his situation its only about winning after the money is the same.

And im not even sure the Knicks offered to retain him. With Kanter and Kornet in the plans with Noah also an option for the yr. Make a cleaner front court situation.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
MS
Member: #724
7/10/2018  12:37 PM
The guy played hard and was a true professional during his time here.

Probably didn't need to say what he did, but this organization has been embarrassing, between the Phil/Melo saga, no playoff appearances in three years during his time here, all good. Good luck in Indiana.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2018  1:10 PM
Here is the actual interview. His comment that has been taken as a shot at the Knicks is at the end. In my opinion it was not a shot at the knicks at all after hearing it in context.
https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-sign-kyle-oquinn
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/10/2018  1:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Here is the actual interview. His comment that has been taken as a shot at the Knicks is at the end. In my opinion it was not a shot at the knicks at all after hearing it in context.
https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-sign-kyle-oquinn

Thank you for posting that. I agree. But he needs to understand that the media will always look for sound bytes to sell more paper or in these day and age more clicks.

KOQ signs with Pacers (For same amount as his option year)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy