LBJ to the Lakers 4 yr deal,
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/1/2018  10:29 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:I give Luke Walton a year before Bron has him out....

Why? Walton's a good coach

Does that make a huge difference to Lebron...in his mind and rightly so in some respects he is the difference maker...

Does not make difference about waltons coaching...it is Lebron wants

Magic would know a thing or two about getting coaches fired...Remember Westphal?!

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/1/2018  10:48 PM
Meanwhile in Cleveland, Kevin Love...
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/1/2018  10:50 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Now if we can nab Kyrie next yr, the east can be won

You spend a year ragging on Mills yet your stuck in the Dolan era of starphuching pining for Kyrie.
I like Kyrie but you want a guy like this at 22 years old, not into his 30's where he will break.
This is the kind of unimaginative Mooby loving crap that sells tickets and Jersey's but lacks substance.

Personally I Think Lakers move has yet to make sense to me unless they think Ingram is on the verge if a big upside paired with Lebron.
Ball and Lebron? Not sure I see this kid ready to take the pressure of a deep playoff run?
How will walton manage Lebron? I like the young coach, but lebron is a force.
I have more questions than opinions on this more. Lakers I suspect will be busy. Does this mean Boogie Cousins will be a laker?

Haha

Lorenzo Ball(s) is 2nd coming of Kyrie ..but without the talent & NBA Title ring.
L.Ball won't be able to stand LBJ and learn from him, his pops Pappa Ball will get
him out of LAL to where LA Clippers ? so the L.Ball fiasco can continue.

This Lorenzo guy hasnt dont BullSquat .. I'm sure Lebron, Magic won't waste too much time with chemisty
sure the Lorenzo guy can pass, assists take pressure off Lebron. But Ball ain't durable his stay in LA is
a show failing reviews.

By that time Lebron and Magic will move on to greater heights competing with GS Warriors and Rockets.

If I'm New York Knickerbockers I'd stay clear of Mr Lorenzo Ball until his entourage learn you need to show up
put up, be durable pay your NBA dues, Ball is more talented version of nfl Johnny Manziel v.20
Think they can come in NBA and run things, Ball can't even work out stay healthy pump iron work on his issues
body and game.

Kid can play but he aint accomplish nothing.
LA is talented but unless Ball makes a turnaround he's Kyrie v.20 ... LBJ can't help him much as
other players whom already get it. Reason why this LAL Lebron will take some time, so Warriors aint shaking in their boots
2018/2019

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2018  11:03 PM
Stephenson and McGee are signing with the lakers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718

7/1/2018  11:04 PM
so lebron joins lakers followed by 2 players who aren't the smartest...Lance Stephenson and Javale McGee

LeBron: “I want to surround myself with great basketball minds”

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

7/1/2018  11:18 PM
For all the new Lakers fans out there...
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/2/2018  1:12 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:I give Luke Walton a year before Bron has him out....

Why? Walton's a good coach

Does that make a huge difference to Lebron...in his mind and rightly so in some respects he is the difference maker...

Does not make difference about waltons coaching...it is Lebron wants

Miami- James had a face-off with living legend Riley and former champion Wade over Spoelstra.

Cavs- James had no real opposition against him doing his thing on the court, getting rid of
Blatt...and getting Lue made head coach.

Lakers- Lakers have living legend Magic Johnson, and Walton with his GS pedigree, ring, and rings as a Laker under Phil Jackson.

Will Walton create a system/adapt his for James...Push Lebron to do something he he doesn't like to do (play within a system), or clash with James on how the game should be played?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/2/2018  3:42 AM
Ball / Caruso
KCP / Hart / Mykhailiuk
Ingram / Lance / Deng
LeBron / Kuzma / Wagner
McGee / Zubac

I'm not sure that team gets past the Rockets or Warriors even with LeBron being LeBron. They'll have a tough task getting past the like a of OKC, Utah, and New Orleans without adding another all star caliber player to that roster. Unless Ball or Ingram breakout but realistically I don't see a title contender next year unless something unexpected happens.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
7/2/2018  3:44 AM
Am i the only who is not impressed by this move?
It feels more to me like Lebron is taking a nice retiring package and will have good excuse when he doesn't reach the finals. LAL was not the best destination in regards to title contention.
He's still the best player in the world but he's human and has a lot of mileage. I think this signing will look bad in a year or 2 max.
Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/2/2018  5:11 AM
shinmen wrote:Am i the only who is not impressed by this move?
It feels more to me like Lebron is taking a nice retiring package and will have good excuse when he doesn't reach the finals. LAL was not the best destination in regards to title contention.
He's still the best player in the world but he's human and has a lot of mileage. I think this signing will look bad in a year or 2 max.

Hasn't one of his kids committed to play high school basketball in LA?

LA is a big market with lot's of media exposure and off court opportunities, he's got a production company and interest in Hollywood, and the lifestyle should fit him well in LA. So it is not a major surprise to see him look for a nice pay day to end his career in LA.

Could he have joined a team better suited to contending?

Sure, but it would have meant taking another sacrifice in salary and potentially looking for a new market. Had he opted in Houston could have done a sign-and-trade to partner him with Chris Paul and James Harden, or alternatively he could have looked to have taken a backseat kinda role with the 76ers by joining Simmons and Embiid. So there were teams better situated to competing for titles than LA but I think the LA lifestyle, opportunities and nice final payday made sense to him.

Will it be a bad deal in a year or 2?

I can only see this being a bad deal in one of two scenarios: first, LeBron James regresses significantly; two, the Lakers miss the play offs or get swept 4 nil in the first round. In one of those two scenarios, or both scenarios combining together, I could see this deal going south for them but as long as LeBron continues to do what LeBron does they should get back to the play offs and perhaps have a run to the conference semis, maybe conference finals if they click and have other breakouts to support him.

shinmen
France
7/2/2018  6:01 AM
Mike1989 wrote:

Hasn't one of his kids committed to play high school basketball in LA?

LA is a big market with lot's of media exposure and off court opportunities, he's got a production company and interest in Hollywood, and the lifestyle should fit him well in LA. So it is not a major surprise to see him look for a nice pay day to end his career in LA.

Could he have joined a team better suited to contending?

Sure, but it would have meant taking another sacrifice in salary and potentially looking for a new market. Had he opted in Houston could have done a sign-and-trade to partner him with Chris Paul and James Harden, or alternatively he could have looked to have taken a backseat kinda role with the 76ers by joining Simmons and Embiid. So there were teams better situated to competing for titles than LA but I think the LA lifestyle, opportunities and nice final payday made sense to him.

Will it be a bad deal in a year or 2?

I can only see this being a bad deal in one of two scenarios: first, LeBron James regresses significantly; two, the Lakers miss the play offs or get swept 4 nil in the first round. In one of those two scenarios, or both scenarios combining together, I could see this deal going south for them but as long as LeBron continues to do what LeBron does they should get back to the play offs and perhaps have a run to the conference semis, maybe conference finals if they click and have other breakouts to support him.

I agree. It totally make sense from his perspective.
What I'm saying is that I'm not impressed with Magic. He has been blessed regarding injuries but it will catch up to him(I don't wish it happens but it's almost supernatural he's been this healthy so far). This feels like an uber starpuch to me.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2018  8:11 AM
I think the man is setting up a more rounded life for himself and family in LA which is where his off court business is going. I have more respect for him going there than chasing rings in Philly which is no given BTW. Fultz is unknown, Simmons and him are redundant and Simmons shot is not reliable enough, and Embiid is fragile.
I respect him more than lets say what Durant did which was join a winner already in progress. Lebrons annual Finals trip might be in jeopardy. His legacy is pretty darn set as the best of his generation. Jordan had nine seasons he DID NOT go to the finals. Never tainted his legacy. For all its worth, Bill Russell is the Chip king and if one says well look at the teams he played on, then one has to consider Jordans HOF side kick Pippen and the great teams he had around him. Dennis Rodman is HOF too!
Not into conspiracy of where NiKe wants him or the league. Personally I think they’d rather the east be more balanced. Toronto is a bore, Philly is over hyped a bit but the potential is there.
Knicks will be of interest to us. That’s good enough for now.
Suns are getting Sneaky talented, might be PHilly 2.0 in another year.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/2/2018  11:00 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Miami- James had a face-off with living legend Riley and former champion Wade over Spoelstra.

As the story goes, LBJ went to the owner, Arison, and demanded Spolestra get the boot. The problem?

According to league scuttlebutt, Spolestra wanted the Heat to play a more free flowing offensive system, more designed to handle deep playoff basketball. His reasoning? The current offensive style ( LBJ and Wade taking turns in iso hero ball) would be unsustainable as true playoff basketball. Of course who was vindicated? The Heat did win two rings. But with overwhelming talent over fit and the massive change in Chris Bosh's game and Spolestra making magic out of the leftovers on the roster after LBJ got all his cronies paid. But the Heat got rolled by the Spurs and Mavericks. Teams with depth playing real team basketball. And of course the league trended the way Spolestra asked for anyway. All teams now would ideally like to play a more freeflowing positionless style ball.

Riley forced a compromise. As long as LBJ, Wade and the rest played defense exactly the way Spolestra wanted, then LBJ could do whatever he wanted on offense.

The Spolestra story, along with what happened to Jerry Sloan in Utah, is why many well regarded college coaches want nothing to do with the NBA. The Decision incited a labor war. So LBJ has managed to start a labor war, kill the coaching pipeline to the NBA and tried to wipe out probably the best modern coach in the entire NBA right now.

What no one wants to talk about is no one really wants to play with LBJ. Not elite players with choices. Chris Bosh is actually really popular around the league. And the "press leaks" in Miami about how he needed to be traded, it's his fault he's not a rim protector the team needed and on and on and on, no secret it was Nike/LBJ deflection over getting battered by Dallas and San Antonio, playing the kind of ball Spolestra said would not work against real elite teams.

LeGM takes over a roster. Runs it into the ground. Then finds the GM, coach and other players to scapegoat. He's done this THREE TIMES IN A ROW NOW. You think Paul George wanted to take hit after hit in LA for four years of this?

When Wade got hurt one year, Spolestra dragged a team of pretty much nothing to 50 wins. He's such a fantastic coach. He's well respected and well liked all around the league. But LBJ can't get along with the dude. So what does that really say?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2018  11:32 AM
Triple, That was how many years ago? A maturity level lessor than it was when he left Miami? Loss to Dallas was a travesty. Arrogant and youthful lesson was learned.
Why can't you see a man at 33 might be different than he was 8 years ago?
In the end they worked it out. Lebron wanted Riles, So did Shaq and SVG got rolled over.
Do you have a problem with a player having control of his destiny?
Do I think Lebron has always been right? of course not. Riley got rolled by Lebron and a taste of his own medicine. Its ok, Heat won two titles with him.
Spo manned up, as did Lebron.
Lebron got Blatt fired but reality is Blatt was not bought in to coach Lebron, he was there to rebuild with KYRIE.
Walton was not bought in to coach Lebron either. I don't know if it will work, but you think Walton is now more important than Lebron?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/2/2018  11:47 AM
Seismic shift in the east. Top 2 teams Boston and Philadelphia. Seeds 3-8 is wide open and who is to stay you can't knock off Boston and Philadelphia off the top perch. Our Knicks has a great chance of making something happen this coming year. I know I know...rose colored glasses. So what? Better to be positive than complaining all the time.
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/2/2018  12:05 PM

Correct. The West is not the East and LeBron's back was giving him heartburn during the playoffs.

He hasn't broke down to date. When he does... it might compound itself just because of who he is. He is again assembling his own cohorts - this will be LeBron's way or the highway.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2018  12:53 PM

When he left the cavs and signed with the Heat he was accused of ring chasing, now he's getting criticised for not ring chasing?

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/2/2018  1:44 PM
Good riddance.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2018  1:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:

When he left the cavs and signed with the Heat he was accused of ring chasing, now he's getting criticised for not ring chasing?

This...The hate that some have toward LeBron is unreal...Not saying "Shinmen" is hating, but I'm being general....

shinmen
France
7/2/2018  2:13 PM
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

This...The hate that some have toward LeBron is unreal...Not saying "Shinmen" is hating, but I'm being general....

Actually I'm not critizing Lebron in this matter even though I don't like the guy in general. I just don't understand why LAL is getting so much praise. Like C.Paul to the rockets. These are not good deals and for once it's not the knicks.
LBJ to the Lakers 4 yr deal,

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy