[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks interested in Mario Hezonja
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

7/1/2018  10:53 AM
Yes please! I feel we can offer him a starting spot this year on a prove it deal.

I have a feeling this kid is about to break out we can offer him more PT then most teams.

AUTOADVERT
Ira
Member: #91
7/1/2018  12:01 PM
The Knicks talk about building a good defensive team, then they trade for Mudiay and show interest in another of the worst defenders in the league.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2018  12:17 PM
Havent watched Hezonja much since getting drafted. Interesting he might have a vote of confidence from Perry, but Payton hasnt. Might believe the European connection with Frank, KP, will help build chemistry.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/1/2018  1:08 PM
Would definitely take a chance on him at this point. This is when you pick up a guy like this...He shouldn't be able to command a large contract, even though he's improved each year in the league.

I think he can play D when motivated...his biggest issue has usually been a desire to be the alpha dog and not play within a system. Hopefully he's matured. I think he's worth a small gamble right now- but you don't go overboard.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fitzfarm

7/1/2018  1:51 PM
Ny post is reporting that we offered Hezonja a one year deal
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/1/2018  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  2:05 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Ny post is reporting that we offered Hezonja a one year deal

At less than the full MLE too! So maybe 1 year $6mil. Said we want to save a portion of the MLE for Robinsons contract, which I don't quite understand the reasoning behind?

Np way Hezonja signs for that, so the people that didn't want him can relax

fitzfarm

7/1/2018  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  2:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:

At less than the full MLE too! So maybe 1 year $6mil. Said we want to save a portion of the MLE for Robinsons contract, which I don't quite understand the reasoning behind?

Isn’t it because after pick 30 contracts aren’t guaranteed

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/1/2018  2:20 PM
Ira wrote:The Knicks talk about building a good defensive team, then they trade for Mudiay and show interest in another of the worst defenders in the league.
1) he can't be any worse than Beasley; 2) he's young enough to improve.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2018  2:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I am confused about the Robinson portion of the deal as well. Apparently they don't want to give him a deal that is longer than one year. I think that is a huge risk. I think Robinson is the Knick center for the next ten years if things workout. I thought this draft was like when the Pacers got George and Stephenson in the same draft. I don't think Robinson has issues like Lance but I do think he could be ca cornerstone piece for the franchise.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Welpee

7/1/2018  2:23 PM
If this goes down, which I'm hoping it does, that would means we'd have picks #4, #5, and #7 from the 2015 NBA draft.
smackeddog
7/1/2018  2:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I am confused about the Robinson portion of the deal as well. Apparently they don't want to give him a deal that is longer than one year. I think that is a huge risk. I think Robinson is the Knick center for the next ten years if things workout. I thought this draft was like when the Pacers got George and Stephenson in the same draft. I don't think Robinson has issues like Lance but I do think he could be ca cornerstone piece for the franchise.

Ah, this explains it:

We don't want to get Lin-ned in 2 years!

smackeddog
7/1/2018  2:36 PM
Welpee wrote:If this goes down, which I'm hoping it does, that would means we'd have picks #4, #5, and #7 from the 2015 NBA draft.

And the Nets have 2 and 3

if we sign him (don't think we will), then I'm kind of looking forward to digging out the old "case for Mario Hezonja" thread...

Welpee

7/1/2018  2:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Welpee wrote:If this goes down, which I'm hoping it does, that would means we'd have picks #4, #5, and #7 from the 2015 NBA draft.

And the Nets have 2 and 3

if we sign him (don't think we will), then I'm kind of looking forward to digging out the old "case for Mario Hezonja" thread...

Yeah, that would be interesting!
Welpee

7/1/2018  2:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ah, this explains it:

May also be an indication that the Knicks think Robinson could be the real deal versus a disposable run of the mill 2nd rounder.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/1/2018  2:41 PM

And #2 and #3 would be across town in Brooklyn...no?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2018  2:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ah, this explains it:

Berman is speculating it will be a one year deal to Robinson over the minimum to preserve 2019 cap space. I think that would be a big mistake.
smackeddog
7/1/2018  2:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ah, this explains it:

Berman is speculating it will be a one year deal to Robinson over the minimum to preserve 2019 cap space. I think that would be a big mistake.

I think he's just guessing wrong- the tweet above makes much more sense than Berman

Welpee

7/1/2018  2:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ah, this explains it:

I think he's just guessing wrong- the tweet above makes much more sense than Berman

Everything usually makes more sense than Berman.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2018  2:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ah, this explains it:

I hope that is what they are doing.
Welpee

7/1/2018  2:47 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

And #2 and #3 would be across town in Brooklyn...no?

lol...yep. Imagine if the Knicks and Nets acquired all of these dudes during the actual draft!
Knicks interested in Mario Hezonja

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy