[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2018-2019 Offseason Thread
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/7/2018  11:28 AM
Chris Paul will be making 40 million fckng dollars at the age of 37, which will be the last yr of his deal.

Pretty soon you're going to see a 4 yr 200 mill contract

ES
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/7/2018  12:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Chris Paul will be making 40 million fckng dollars at the age of 37, which will be the last yr of his deal.

Pretty soon you're going to see a 4 yr 200 mill contract

nfl and college football players have got to be crying
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/7/2018  11:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

"I've been a Lakers fan since before Kobe Bryant, since Magic Johnson. Was I alive? Don't worry about that!"

And the bit where the Warriors sign Boogie

finally saw this, freaking hilarious

"Real G's move in silence... like lasagna."
Bahahahaha

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/9/2018  6:13 PM
Wow. Rockets lost Mbah A Moute. I don't think MCW and possibly Melo give them the same boost that Ariza and Mbah A Moute did. Rockets definitely have taken a step back in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/9/2018  6:15 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/9/2018  11:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Will be very interesting to see how MDA works him into the offense, you figure that Paul will help work things out for his friend, but we all know there is no way Melo can replace the defenders they just lost.

Unless he remakes his body, he's going to slow that team down on both ends of the court.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/10/2018  4:30 PM
Miami’s payroll is crazy considering they’re mediocre. Back in the lebron days the owner got rid off miller to reduce the luxury tax hit, but now he’s fine at paying a fortune?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/10/2018  5:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:Miami’s payroll is crazy considering they’re mediocre. Back in the lebron days the owner got rid off miller to reduce the luxury tax hit, but now he’s fine at paying a fortune?

Winning will draw in star players. But forgot that actual cap space is needed to sign and pay the star players.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2018  8:30 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/13/2018  6:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2018  7:19 AM
Meanwhile in Brooklyn Sean Marks has opened up enough cap room for 2 max FA's. If they weren't so far behind in asset collection I would be way more nervous. I hope he goes spends his space on 2nd or 3rd tier max players. I don't want them to tank for a couple seasons and go into the AD, Giannis FA year with cap space
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
7/13/2018  9:55 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Meanwhile in Brooklyn Sean Marks has opened up enough cap room for 2 max FA's. If they weren't so far behind in asset collection I would be way more nervous. I hope he goes spends his space on 2nd or 3rd tier max players. I don't want them to tank for a couple seasons and go into the AD, Giannis FA year with cap space
Arthur is supposed to be a great locker room guy and a great guy to have around young players. Faried was well liked as well. Moving Lin without taking money back was impressive. Marks knows what he is doing. This would be harder to watch if the Knicks were not being well run now.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/13/2018  11:11 AM
The Nets have agreed to trade Lin to the Atlanta Hawks in the first deal, according to the people, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the move publicly.

In the second deal, according to the people, Denver has agreed to send a 2019 first-round pick to the Nets that is lottery-protected from 1-to-12 as the reward for Brooklyn’s willingness to acquire the veteran forwards Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur from the Nuggets.

The full trade for Lin, according to the people, calls for Atlanta to send the Nets its 2020 second-round pick and the rights to 2016 draftee Isaia Cordinier, who is not expected to leave his native France to play for Brooklyn. In addition to Lin, Atlanta will receive the Nets’ 2025 second-round pick and have the right to swap 2023 second-round picks with Brooklyn.

Via NY times....

Because we resigned Melo and tried to transition with Noah and Rose, we could not do what nets are doing. They had a huge hole to crawl out of with so many picks traded.
I admire the patience they are excercising and using a long approach since Marks came aboard. If they overpay for emerging talent they could really accelerate the process if it pans out. We are doing this with Hardaway. I know season one leaves some disappointed but fact is Timmy might still be a very good player.
Nets are obtaining assets and have room to take salaries for picks. Good for them.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/13/2018  11:54 AM
Nalod wrote:
The Nets have agreed to trade Lin to the Atlanta Hawks in the first deal, according to the people, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the move publicly.

In the second deal, according to the people, Denver has agreed to send a 2019 first-round pick to the Nets that is lottery-protected from 1-to-12 as the reward for Brooklyn’s willingness to acquire the veteran forwards Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur from the Nuggets.

The full trade for Lin, according to the people, calls for Atlanta to send the Nets its 2020 second-round pick and the rights to 2016 draftee Isaia Cordinier, who is not expected to leave his native France to play for Brooklyn. In addition to Lin, Atlanta will receive the Nets’ 2025 second-round pick and have the right to swap 2023 second-round picks with Brooklyn.

Via NY times....

Because we resigned Melo and tried to transition with Noah and Rose, we could not do what nets are doing. They had a huge hole to crawl out of with so many picks traded.
I admire the patience they are excercising and using a long approach since Marks came aboard. If they overpay for emerging talent they could really accelerate the process if it pans out. We are doing this with Hardaway. I know season one leaves some disappointed but fact is Timmy might still be a very good player.
Nets are obtaining assets and have room to take salaries for picks. Good for them.

I believe they are very much a threat to land Kyrie if they can sell another player to team up. They may also look to package Russell and Jefferson.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/13/2018  7:50 PM
Ideally - Hardaway Jr will either improve his defense and consistency or end up as our 6th man/gunner off the bench. While we overpaid for sure, we're still in a decent salary cap position as long we don't back any more salaries in the near future. I realize many on this board want us to go after Kyrie or Durant, but I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off allowing our young players to develop and continue to add talent/picks, etc... Paying the max for Kyrie vs using that money to resign our own guys while still retaining some flexibility going forward seems wiser to me. Like a bank account - once you deplete your funds you will be stuck down the road (when possibly a 2 way player worth the max becomes available). I'd prefer to focus this season on the following:
A) KP healing and hopefully regaining his form
B) Finding a decent PG between Burke, Frank and Mudiay
C) Allowing Robinson and Knox to develop
D) Giving Super Mario a chance to blossom into an NBA player

I think it's very possible at the end of this season we have 7 core players (KP, Frank, Robinson, Knox, Mario, Hardaway Jr and Burke). I'd consider a healthy Kawhi (if he wanted to play here), but I'd pass on Kyrie for the max. Klay (at the max) would also be a tough call because he's a great team player but will be 30 next offseason. Durant as great as he is - will be 31 next offseason. Do we really want to offer a max 4-5 year contract for anybody 30 or over? Lebron seems to be the only one drinking from the fountain of youth these days... Any while I was not for drafting Knox - he seems offensively talented and maybe becomes our Durant-lite player in a couple of seasons.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/14/2018  2:40 PM
Jabari Parker to Chicago... interesting. I don't see him fitting next to Lauri or Carter. They should be exciting at least.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/14/2018  9:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Jabari Parker to Chicago... interesting. I don't see him fitting next to Lauri or Carter. They should be exciting at least.

Maybe that pushes them to a few more wins than us at least

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/14/2018  10:08 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Jabari Parker to Chicago... interesting. I don't see him fitting next to Lauri or Carter. They should be exciting at least.

Yeah, gotta hope Parker stays healthy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/15/2018  7:53 AM
We shouldn't be worrying about our win count next season. If we are terrible and land a top pick, fine. However if we are competitive and win 30-40 games or more, that's good because we will have had improvement from our current players, so perhaps Hardaway or Kanter have played at an all star level, or Knox has had a Donovan Mitchell like impact, or Frank or Burke have had big years as well. All that matters for us next year is developing our talent and building the culture and style of play. The win count is irrelevent.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/15/2018  11:23 AM
Mike1989 wrote:We shouldn't be worrying about our win count next season. If we are terrible and land a top pick, fine. However if we are competitive and win 30-40 games or more, that's good because we will have had improvement from our current players, so perhaps Hardaway or Kanter have played at an all star level, or Knox has had a Donovan Mitchell like impact, or Frank or Burke have had big years as well. All that matters for us next year is developing our talent and building the culture and style of play. The win count is irrelevent.

I agree, winning is never a bad thing when it's the young guys leading. It helps with culture and attracting free agent too. The draft is important to building of course, but losing as much as possible isn't always the answer.

CrushAlot
USA
7/15/2018  12:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah, gotta hope Parker stays healthy.

If there was ever a franchise destroyed by acl injuries it is the bulls, A bit surprised they went there.
2018-2019 Offseason Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy