Author Thread
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/28/2018  3:01 PM
blkexec wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:WHat's the point? Next year is a tank year anyway. No way Lance is a player here for more than a year.

Why do you keep saying that?

Look how great we did last year. Our additions are raw rookies. We may lose some depth at center. Our marquee player is Tim Hardaway jr, who shoots 42 percent from the field and 32 from 3, without contributing in defense, playmaking or rebounding and is a net negative with the intangibles. The real question is why don't you agree with me?

The Celtics gave all eastern teams hope. If they can make it that far, with their top two stars going down, why can't the knicks and everybody else? I'm sure Knox did not and will not get that memo of tanking. Same with all the other young players looking to shine. Fiz can talk playing rookies until he turns blue in the face. But come mid year and the knicks stink, Fiz will change his tune. That's the pressure of NYC media and fans. They will be patient in the beginning, until the blowouts start building up.

I'm looking for the Fizdale calling cards, player development and defense. Let's see what he brings. I can accept losses, but blowouts?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/1/2018  10:32 PM
Lance Stephenson signs with Lakers. Whose ear will he blow in now in the playoffs??
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/1/2018  10:36 PM
Has Lance produced for any team other than the Pacers?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2018  4:47 AM
Welpee wrote:Has Lance produced for any team other than the Pacers?

I'm sure he had a run where he was pretty good for another team- was it the Griz?

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2018  4:47 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Lance Stephenson signs with Lakers. Whose ear will he blow in now in the playoffs??

I do like Lance, and it seems Lebron must have developed a liking of him too

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/2/2018  6:36 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:WHat's the point? Next year is a tank year anyway. No way Lance is a player here for more than a year.

Tanking is over- the odds have changed as of next draft:

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Pretty much 1 through 5 or 6 have the same odds of a top 3 pick, but even 7th has roughly the same odds of the 3 pick.

I think more teams will tank now that the chance of hitting gold falls all the way tho the 7th spot. The worst 2-3 teams don't tank, they are already that bad. The next 4-5 dpots will be up for grabs and at least 5-7 teams will be in play for those.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee

7/2/2018  7:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Welpee wrote:Has Lance produced for any team other than the Pacers?

I'm sure he had a run where he was pretty good for another team- was it the Griz?

Yeah, he had a solid 26 games there. Lance posts some great highlights but if you really looked at his career he really hasn't done much other than in his stints with the Pacers.
Welpee

7/2/2018  12:26 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Pretty much 1 through 5 or 6 have the same odds of a top 3 pick, but even 7th has roughly the same odds of the 3 pick.

I think more teams will tank now that the chance of hitting gold falls all the way tho the 7th spot. The worst 2-3 teams don't tank, they are already that bad. The next 4-5 dpots will be up for grabs and at least 5-7 teams will be in play for those.

How many teams tanked in the 80s to enter the lottery when everyone had an equal shot at the top pick?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2018  1:39 PM
Lance, the new Ron Artest.
Lebron has a new body guard. Need those.
meloshouldgo

7/2/2018  3:08 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

How many teams tanked in the 80s to enter the lottery when everyone had an equal shot at the top pick?

Are you saying the odds at 1 in 30 are the same as 1 in 6? If not I am not following your question

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/2/2018  3:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2018  3:29 PM
If he can keep the antics down a bit, he is a tough defender that any team can use. Wonder if he will continue to blow in LBJ's ear?
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Welpee

7/2/2018  3:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Are you saying the odds at 1 in 30 are the same as 1 in 6? If not I am not following your question

You said "The next 4-5 spots will be up for grabs and at least 5-7 teams will be in play for those." Using that logic, in 1985 (the first lottery) did teams picking #8. #9, and #10 try to tank to get to #7 because that gave them a shot at the #1 pick? Remember, teams who missed the playoffs (picks 1-7) had the exact same odds of winning the lottery. If teams didn't tank in that scenario in get into the lottery I'm not sure I buy tanking in the scenario you described. Maybe teams tanked in 1985 but I don't remember.
meloshouldgo

7/2/2018  3:51 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You said "The next 4-5 spots will be up for grabs and at least 5-7 teams will be in play for those." Using that logic, in 1985 (the first lottery) did teams picking #8. #9, and #10 try to tank to get to #7 because that gave them a shot at the #1 pick? Remember, teams who missed the playoffs (picks 1-7) had the exact same odds of winning the lottery. If teams didn't tank in that scenario in get into the lottery I'm not sure I buy tanking in the scenario you described. Maybe teams tanked in 1985 but I don't remember.

Me neither, but that being the first draft, i wouldn't have expected teams to have evolved draft strategies. Also the NBA landscape is quite different from the 80s.
Lance Stephenson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy