View Results

Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/25/2018  2:50 PM
Being optimistic - 5 years
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/25/2018  6:34 PM
There are always big its, if the kids are developed right, if fitz truly has a game plan, if the front office is patient, if the kids buy in, if , if ,if, if lots of factors I think 5 years is good .... If the kids reach their ceiling.
doomed
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1078
USA
6/25/2018  11:26 PM
We will be in a good place one year from now. Embrace the suck for one more season. Hope the kids progress. This time next year we should have a decent crop of young ascending talent with another highly touted rookie entering the fold plus Cap room.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/26/2018  12:30 AM
Three years to the playoffs. Two years if we get production from this year's draft picks. If this year's pick up are productive, then we will have a nice squad for the 2019-20 season.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
KnixinSix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5626

6/26/2018  10:29 AM
Look I don't want another tank year AGAIN if we don't have to. I get the cap space we are going to have in 2019 and yes there is a possibility for big improvement if we land a couple big fish.

But LeBron is a FA THIS year and with all Homer-isms and Knick fan biases aside, he is possibly the greatest or at minimum top 3 player in the HISTORY of the game. All the other guys available next year likely wont be top 20 players of all time let alone top 3 ever.

With that said, he is the one of the ONLY guys that changes free agency thinking for this year.

There was alot of smoke about the big team-up in LA and it may still happen but Spurs dont seem like theyll trade Kawhi over there and George doesnt sound like he is going to go there either. LeBron apparently doesnt like Houston either (where he could team up with Harden and Paul).

I get its an extreme longshot and Im not pinning all my hopes on it (and I know they are technically more favorable destinations depending on what LeBron thinks of those cities, his family and how he'd fit in etc.) but I want to discuss at least the small chance he comes here. Because you know with the Fizdale connection no matter how small the chance, we WILL do our due diligence and have a strong LeBron pitch in place.

What can we offer?

1.A coach he really likes in Fizdale
2. A place that would be the best place to play in the entire world especially since he would be on the team. (NY with LeBron? Are you kidding?)
3. A top player that could complement his game incredibly in Kristaps
4. A strong system he could flourish in and a supporting cast in 2019 that would be better than any team he's played on potentially or very close ( as we will have the cap space and WILL land another big fish with Lebron on board as we'd almost automatically be the most favorable destination).

Flame away but I wanted to at least entertain the thought. Kanter has even said he would opt out to let LeBron sign here. Kanter opt-out + Noah stretch provision = almost 30 mill in cap space (and thats without further trades). Then after LeBron signs he would sign for a lesser number.

It can be done IF (and of course this is a big if) he wants to come here. Let's look at the line-up:

Kanter/Kristaps
Kristaps/Knox
LeBron/Knox/THJ
THJ/Burke/Dotson
Nkitilina/Burke

Say what you want, but That is a better team than LeBrons Cavs team that made it to the finals.

Again I get that Boston and Philly are likely better destinations as with him they would be stronger than the above line up. However, he may not want to go there because if he wasn't lying he said his next stop will be more about family. Also with him in the fold here, we'd be the #1 team in the east and in 2019 (adding another star) very likely a team that could take on GS.

I am just posing the argument to at least show him coming here isn't career suicide . With a coach and perhaps more favorable culture in place, he may see it the same way.

Patience barometer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy