[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I think it's possible Robinson a better NBA prospect than knox
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/23/2018  11:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2018  6:43 AM
I would have picked Thomas at 36 but in terms of NBA fit/ talent profile-- I see the athletic Robinson fitting as a new age NBA 5 man more so than I see Knox at NBA 4-3. Now it's about the character work ethic and maturity process. Everything has to come together quick-- you can be a great basketball player but still not fit because of your actions. Well have to wait and see-- but raw basketball per position I'll give Robinson the nod.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
6/24/2018  12:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I would not have picked Thomas at 36 but in terms of NBA fit/ talent profile-- I see the athletic Robinson fitting as a new age NBA 5 man more so than I see Knox at NBA 4-3. Now it's about the character work ethic and maturity process. Everything has to come together quick-- you can be a great basketball player but still not fit because of your actions. Well have to wait and see-- but raw basketball per position I'll give Robinson the nod.

Thats a lot a pressure on a kid that lives across the street from my gym....Played pickem ball once a month against non NBA players....and playing at half speed. Hasn't played under the whistle since highschool. This isn't Kobe Bryant or KG.....pump the breaks.

But if we are talking potential? Theres a lot of potential with Knox, KP and Mitchell....THj should be our overpaid SG.....Burke is a good stop gap, until he shows otherwise.

But Mitchell is still a bone head right now....Looks a little lazy like he doesn't care. Thats call maturity....Summer League will be his first test. I'm not saying he will kill them...But I know he will catch a body with some lobs and block some shots.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
6/24/2018  12:19 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I would not have picked Thomas at 36 but in terms of NBA fit/ talent profile-- I see the athletic Robinson fitting as a new age NBA 5 man more so than I see Knox at NBA 4-3. Now it's about the character work ethic and maturity process. Everything has to come together quick-- you can be a great basketball player but still not fit because of your actions. Well have to wait and see-- but raw basketball per position I'll give Robinson the nod.

Until both will be 25 its all wait and see...
Of course sometimes its 1 year and sometimes never but at average NBA is run by 25-30 years athletes.
This draft shows that Knicks organization is starting long term rebuild and targeting 4-6 years time window.
So tamper your expectations...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/24/2018  1:38 AM

I think Thomas would have been a better value for the slot at 36. But I can see why any team would really be drawn to Robinson. Watch the guy run the full length of the court. His mobility and speed, plus factoring in his length, can just be tantalizing if, and a huge IF, he puts it all together.

I'm not the biggest fan in the world about Knox, but Robinson is nowhere near the same level of prospect.

Knox needs 8-10-12 things to happen in his development to hit his ceiling.

For Robinson, it's like 34-36-38 things.

Tough thing to swallow ( Though I see you as a spitter Briggs...) , is that the Knicks drafted athletes first and foremost. Can these guys be molded into functional basketball players?

Here's the rub. Phil Jackson is gone. Good. Melo is gone. Good. Dolan is hands off now. Good. They have a GM with actual experience doing that kind of work. Good. They have a coach with experience doing that kind of work. Good. Knicks for too long made things harder than it had to be. Given the talent deficit on the roster, higher floor guys would just seem more practical given a Tier 3 type pick range.

Let's hope for the best. They are here now. No changing that.

He looks like Tarzan. Let's hope he stops thinking like Jane.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
6/24/2018  6:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2018  6:55 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

I think Thomas would have been a better value for the slot at 36. But I can see why any team would really be drawn to Robinson. Watch the guy run the full length of the court. His mobility and speed, plus factoring in his length, can just be tantalizing if, and a huge IF, he puts it all together.

I'm not the biggest fan in the world about Knox, but Robinson is nowhere near the same level of prospect.

Knox needs 8-10-12 things to happen in his development to hit his ceiling.

For Robinson, it's like 34-36-38 things.

Tough thing to swallow ( Though I see you as a spitter Briggs...) , is that the Knicks drafted athletes first and foremost. Can these guys be molded into functional basketball players?

Here's the rub. Phil Jackson is gone. Good. Melo is gone. Good. Dolan is hands off now. Good. They have a GM with actual experience doing that kind of work. Good. They have a coach with experience doing that kind of work. Good. Knicks for too long made things harder than it had to be. Given the talent deficit on the roster, higher floor guys would just seem more practical given a Tier 3 type pick range.

Let's hope for the best. They are here now. No changing that.

He looks like Tarzan. Let's hope he stops thinking like Jane.

The bottom line right now is getting behind both players and hoping they develop and help the Knicks find a better direction

I think you’re tt about the players. Robinson can keep it basic— run jump catch finish. Centers who can do that successfully and block a shot or two make multi millions. Knox has to be successful from 30 feet in ( and he wa drastically inconsistent at Kentucky where they tried to make him the man). He didn’t pass the ball he didn’t handle it well average jump shot awkward feet. The complexity to what they need from Knox is high- the Knicks will want and expect a lot from a 4-3.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/24/2018  1:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I would have picked Thomas at 36 but in terms of NBA fit/ talent profile-- I see the athletic Robinson fitting as a new age NBA 5 man more so than I see Knox at NBA 4-3. Now it's about the character work ethic and maturity process. Everything has to come together quick-- you can be a great basketball player but still not fit because of your actions. Well have to wait and see-- but raw basketball per position I'll give Robinson the nod.

Oh no not again....remember you did this not too long ago when you said Willy would be better then KP? Lets just hope both Knox and M.Rob become good/great players.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/24/2018  1:40 PM
If they both pan out, I see Knox as a more versatile player who can chip in, in a variety of ways. Robinson's contribution around the rim, on both ends of the court will be just as impactful to the success of the team.

Fizdale is a high wattage personality (have you seen his wife?)

His enthusiasm and experience (properly channeled) could be effective in lighting a fire under these kids. From all outward appearances, Fizdale is trying to avoid the mistakes he made in his last stop.

A low key coach wouldnt be a good fit now.

Welpee
Member: #6239

6/24/2018  1:44 PM
blkexec wrote:

Thats a lot a pressure on a kid that lives across the street from my gym....Played pickem ball once a month against non NBA players....and playing at half speed. Hasn't played under the whistle since highschool. This isn't Kobe Bryant or KG.....pump the breaks.

But if we are talking potential? Theres a lot of potential with Knox, KP and Mitchell....THj should be our overpaid SG.....Burke is a good stop gap, until he shows otherwise.

But Mitchell is still a bone head right now....Looks a little lazy like he doesn't care. Thats call maturity....Summer League will be his first test. I'm not saying he will kill them...But I know he will catch a body with some lobs and block some shots.

You know, in college the guys on the basketball team used to always play pick up with us in the gym and they NEVER went full speed. So it's really hard to make any determination about a high level player based on that. You could be 100% correct, but what this dude is doing BEHIND the scenes in performing drills and in the weight room matters more to me than what he looked like in pick up games.

You're right, nothing can replace real live competition against top flight players. However, Shawn Kemp had a similar path to the NBA and he had a very productive career after not playing competitive ball for a year between high school and the NBA. I agree, summer league will be a good test. However, even if he looks rusty, as far as we know he hasn't played a live game against top competition in over a year. It may take a year in the Knicks system and playing in the G-league before he starts to realize his potential if he works hard. I mean, how many years did it take Hassan Whiteside before he became a top flight NBA big?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/25/2018  9:06 AM
Robinson is about two years away. It is going to take him at least a year to learn true organized ball and then he will likely need another year to work on his body. They should stash him in the g league for two years and then see what they have in 2021. Knox is the player who I hope starts this year.
Trust the Process
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2018  10:29 AM
Briggs you also thought Willy was better than KP.

Have you followed Knox this summer? Where he's been playing? What he's been working on? Or you still recycling videos from the tourney?

Knox is a great prospect. Does he have what it take between the ears to be a great NBA player? Can the Knicks bring that out in him? The talent level is there for sure. So is the NBA level athleticism.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2018  10:30 AM
Welpee wrote:
blkexec wrote:

You know, in college the guys on the basketball team used to always play pick up with us in the gym and they NEVER went full speed. So it's really hard to make any determination about a high level player based on that. You could be 100% correct, but what this dude is doing BEHIND the scenes in performing drills and in the weight room matters more to me than what he looked like in pick up games.

You're right, nothing can replace real live competition against top flight players. However, Shawn Kemp had a similar path to the NBA and he had a very productive career after not playing competitive ball for a year between high school and the NBA. I agree, summer league will be a good test. However, even if he looks rusty, as far as we know he hasn't played a live game against top competition in over a year. It may take a year in the Knicks system and playing in the G-league before he starts to realize his potential if he works hard. I mean, how many years did it take Hassan Whiteside before he became a top flight NBA big?

I'm actually a gym rat....which includes weights, jaccuzzi, yoga and basketball....So I'm all over that place. But since he lives across the street, he could show up at any odd time, since it's 24 hrs.

I can't remember where someone replied about my gym....But it's Lifetime Fitness in Allen Texas, MWF 12-2 is the normal times they play on week days. Sat and Sun 10-1 at Plano Lifetime Fitness.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/25/2018  10:53 AM
blkexec wrote:
Welpee wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I'm actually a gym rat....which includes weights, jaccuzzi, yoga and basketball....So I'm all over that place. But since he lives across the street, he could show up at any odd time, since it's 24 hrs.

I can't remember where someone replied about my gym....But it's Lifetime Fitness in Allen Texas, MWF 12-2 is the normal times they play on week days. Sat and Sun 10-1 at Plano Lifetime Fitness.

did you list those in order of importance to you? Surprised jaccuzzi wasn't first

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/25/2018  11:55 AM
I think it's possible you could have put your stupid opinion in the robinson thread

but then i think it's not possible, because you are that dumb

I think it's possible Robinson a better NBA prospect than knox

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy