[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/9/2018  11:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:Is tomorrow really the last game? Or is there a playoff of some sort?

I heard each team is guaranteed 5 games

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/9/2018  12:33 PM
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Why i'snt Kornet playing? Anyone know?

Kornet and Hicks are both hurt. One has an hamstring issue and the other has an ankle issue. Nothing serious.

Right, plus this is literally no reason to play them when you have others that need minutes.

Thanks!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/9/2018  12:35 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Is tomorrow really the last game? Or is there a playoff of some sort?

I think the teams with the best records after 3 make the playoffs. While the other team face off to play the guaranteed 5?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

7/9/2018  1:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I think the teams with the best records after 3 make the playoffs. While the other team face off to play the guaranteed 5?

Looking at last years bracket - it looked like there were 24 teams. Top 8 appeared to get a bye -- remaining 16 played each other to advance in basically a 1 and done tourney. If you lose say your 4th game -- you go over to loser bracket to get your 5 games. If you win - you keep pushing forward like NCAA tourney.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/10/2018  12:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:FOLKS WE’VE GOT SOME YOUNG STUDS‼️ The future is now! 🌟😎
This. Haven't been this excited about the Knicks in a long time. Might have been opening night when they beat the Heatles during the 54 win season. What a draft.

Really like Knox. Was hoping the Knicks would have taken Mikal but Knox looks like what a top 10 pick should look like. He is extremely athletic and seems to have loads of confidence.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/10/2018  2:19 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
This. Haven't been this excited about the Knicks in a long time. Might have been opening night when they beat the Heatles during the 54 win season. What a draft.

Really like Knox. Was hoping the Knicks would have taken Mikal but Knox looks like what a top 10 pick should look like. He is extremely athletic and seems to have loads of confidence.

Has anybody watched Mikal? He still reminds me of a skinny Courtney Lee....Solid role player flirting to be a starter. Know is a solid starter flirting to be a Hall Of Famer....

SGA I heard was having a good start and I thought he was our dark horse selection. They most trust the combination of PGs we have and PG coaching staff....filled with ex PGs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/10/2018  4:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Not a flashy ball handler at the top of the key...no over-dribbling, but at some point in the next few years, he will be impossible to stop off the dribble if Fizdale uses him in isolation. If he works on his passing, and court awareness when he drives, he will also pick up a ton of assists.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/10/2018  7:16 PM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Has anybody watched Mikal? He still reminds me of a skinny Courtney Lee....Solid role player flirting to be a starter. Know is a solid starter flirting to be a Hall Of Famer....

SGA I heard was having a good start and I thought he was our dark horse selection. They most trust the combination of PGs we have and PG coaching staff....filled with ex PGs.

SGA was my favorite guy in this draft after Mikal Bridges. I think he will be the best PG out of this draft class.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/11/2018  5:42 AM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think the combination of having three young pgs on the roster plus the possibility of having a shot at Kyrie next off season made drafting another pg a long shot unless they were convinced they were getting a no-brainer future stud.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/11/2018  8:06 AM
Welpee wrote:
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think the combination of having three young pgs on the roster plus the possibility of having a shot at Kyrie next off season made drafting another pg a long shot unless they were convinced they were getting a no-brainer future stud.

i agree with this except i don't think it was a no brainer. SGA is looking good for sure, but I suspect the Knicks felt their current crew plus possibly Kyrie made the selection of a forward more sensible. I have to imagine Porter was on their mind, perhaps others. KK's going head to head on workout must have sealed the deal

I was a skeptic but now am a believer. (wish his release were a bit quicker -- that's where the KD comparisons fall short at the moment, and the P.George comparisons are more on point)

(5)(5)
LivingLegend

7/11/2018  6:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Not a flashy ball handler at the top of the key...no over-dribbling, but at some point in the next few years, he will be impossible to stop off the dribble if Fizdale uses him in isolation. If he works on his passing, and court awareness when he drives, he will also pick up a ton of assists.

Yeah - thing that jumps out is he will be able to iso off the dribble or the 3-point stance and either simply shoot, get to mid-range or get to the rim (also drawing contact).

He will also learn thru experience and strength to take 1 more dribble to really finish solid rather than hoping for contact --- sometimes fading away into a tough shot.

LivingLegend

7/11/2018  6:46 PM
Crazy thing with Knox is it was very apparent at both Kentucky and first 2 games that he prefers going to his right but last night he went left very nicely/easily 3 or 4 times -- just nice seeing him do that so quickly.
LivingLegend

7/11/2018  6:48 PM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Think we dodged a big bullet with Mikal and to think PHX gave up both the kid from Texas Tech and an UNPROTECTED pick for Mikal --- ouch.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2018  8:42 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Think we dodged a big bullet with Mikal and to think PHX gave up both the kid from Texas Tech and an UNPROTECTED pick for Mikal --- ouch.

Mikal looked solid the one game I saw him. I wouldn't say we dodged a bullet, but we definitely got the forward with the highest ceiling.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend

7/11/2018  9:56 PM
Mika avg 6 pats in 3 games and has only shot 13 times total....that is a tad worrisome for a 3 year college player.

Another guy Suns May be concerned about is J Jackson (who I absolutely loved last year). Jackson avg 10 pats and 2 boards...shooting 24%.

LivingLegend

7/11/2018  9:58 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

SGA was my favorite guy in this draft after Mikal Bridges. I think he will be the best PG out of this draft class.

Shea looks faster/quicker in Summer League vs Kentucky.

Loved the player but feared his lack of quicks —- at this point he appears plenty quick

blkexec
Member: #748
7/11/2018  11:42 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah - thing that jumps out is he will be able to iso off the dribble or the 3-point stance and either simply shoot, get to mid-range or get to the rim (also drawing contact).

He will also learn thru experience and strength to take 1 more dribble to really finish solid rather than hoping for contact --- sometimes fading away into a tough shot.

Yeah... That's a little man's habit....mudiay has that same driving habit or skill.....Always looking for contact and finishing off balance layups after contact.....Its like forcing the ref to call foul, based on how hard you fall and how good are u at selling contact. Harden, before him....Reggie Miller.....Ginobli....Ray Allen with the leg kick. Melo with his up and under spin move...

What's interesting is only the super stars get the calls. Knox is a rookie and already developed the most underrated skill in basketball....selling a foul. That's where the melo comparisons come from for me.....plus he gets most of his points from the free throw line and he can carry a team offensively....I saw that potential when we drafted him... he did this in spurts in college.

Just imagine when he improves his crossovers and hesitations from the 3 pt line.....Hes coming down the lane looking to obliterate the rim and anybody down there. Then he has the frame to get bigger...similar to lebron size when he turns mid 20s.....scary

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/12/2018  4:00 AM
Just for comparison, here's what KP looked like in his first summer league- I'd completely forgotten how he did. Only averaged 10.8 pts.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/12/2018  4:26 AM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

SGA is indeed looking good- I liked the idea of drafting him, but I'm happy with Knox:

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/12/2018  2:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:Just for comparison, here's what KP looked like in his first summer league- I'd completely forgotten how he did. Only averaged 10.8 pts.

We took him out early and monitored his minutes, if I recall.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy