[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/7/2018  2:57 PM
Welpee wrote:There's also a laundry list of dudes who tore it up in summer league who didn't do jack when the games counted. I remember when I was into fantasy hoops I would always pick up Austin Daye off the waiver list based on his summer league performances thinking he'd be a genius sleeper additional. Never happened.

So you kinda have to take summer league with a grain of salt both ways. But it will be interesting to see these guys on the court.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/7/2018  4:10 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont know what Im more psyched to see, how Frank looks after his training, or the new additions. Been a long time since the summer league squad had so much talent.

Temper expectations. Talent doesn't always equate to wins or good basketball....Its all about chemistry between players and coaching staff. We don't know what these guys will do collectively. Just a warning.....We've all been here b4 as a knick fan. The problem is we will be quick to turn on them if they don't show good chemistry. That's not fair to the players or the team.

But I agree. ..there are several players I would like to see.....including all of our draft picks. I will assume Frank will be frank.....I'm not expecting much h more than what he delivered in spurts last yr. I want to see Dotson improve. He reminds me of a young Lee.

And would like to see how Mitchell Robinson looks after taking a year off. Will he look like a HS kid.....low IQ. That what I'm expecting. Anything more is a bonus. Can Knox be our next superstar? So many storylines.

Been looking forward to this, Im psyched, nothing to temper. Not my first rodeo.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/7/2018  7:40 PM
FOLKS WE’VE GOT SOME YOUNG STUDS‼️ The future is now! 🌟😎
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/7/2018  7:48 PM
Kevin Knox has all kinds of potential. Mitchell Robinson is so quick and athletic. He reminds me of a Young Camby!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/7/2018  8:10 PM
nixluva wrote:Kevin Knox has all kinds of potential. Mitchell Robinson is so quick and athletic. He reminds me of a Young Camby!

100% agree. Robinson is going to take about 2-3 years to develop but if he progresses like you would expect, he is going to be Capela is 3 years. Knox looks like the truth now. Solid on defense. Good rebounder. Aggressive on offense and can get to the line. I did not think it possible but I am starting to believe he might have a chance at rookie of the year if Fizdale starts him at SF. He definitely looks like a future solid starter. Great draft. Even trier looks like a solid player.

Trust the Process
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2018  8:16 PM
nixluva wrote:FOLKS WE’VE GOT SOME YOUNG STUDS‼️ The future is now! 🌟😎
This. Haven't been this excited about the Knicks in a long time. Might have been opening night when they beat the Heatles during the 54 win season. What a draft.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/7/2018  8:20 PM

Too bad. He played great last night.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/8/2018  3:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Tough for him- he was injured last year for summer league and summer

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/8/2018  9:18 AM
nixluva wrote:Kevin Knox has all kinds of potential. Mitchell Robinson is so quick and athletic. He reminds me of a Young Camby!
Awesome comparison. Really excited about this kid
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/8/2018  11:06 AM
TheGame wrote:

100% agree. Robinson is going to take about 2-3 years to develop but if he progresses like you would expect, he is going to be Capela is 3 years. Knox looks like the truth now. Solid on defense. Good rebounder. Aggressive on offense and can get to the line. I did not think it possible but I am starting to believe he might have a chance at rookie of the year if Fizdale starts him at SF. He definitely looks like a future solid starter. Great draft. Even trier looks like a solid player.

I really wouldn't go that route because after 40 games these kids will be gasping for air.

ES
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/8/2018  1:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tough for him- he was injured last year for summer league and summer

Shooting hand, too.

I can't stand to see anyone get injured- my player or and opponent's...drives me f'n crazy (especially an issue with the Mets).

Started, for me as a kid, with Willis Reed and Joe Namath...you just want to see a player and a team healthy to see what they are capable of doing. I know injuries are a fact of sports...but it gets ridiculous, sometimes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/8/2018  5:07 PM
TheGame wrote:

I can't believe the patience being expressed here - giving Robinson 2-3 years to develop! Hell, Frankie is supposed to be a finished product at 19.

CrushAlot
USA
7/8/2018  5:14 PM
fwk00 wrote:
TheGame wrote:

I can't believe the patience being expressed here - giving Robinson 2-3 years to develop! Hell, Frankie is supposed to be a finished product at 19.

Robinson was drafted 28 picks later in the draft. Expectations change when you go from the lottery to the second round. Also, I think Robinson is starting or at least getting the majority of the minutes at the 5 by the end of January.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/8/2018  5:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
TheGame wrote:

Robinson was drafted 28 picks later in the draft. Expectations change when you go from the lottery to the second round. Also, I think Robinson is starting or at least getting the majority of the minutes at the 5 by the end of January.
how so? Tons of lottery picks are based on talent/upside and are often considered far from NBA ready.

I thought the change in expectation was that the lottery pick should have a higher chance of panning out as good and you are happy if your 2nd rounders are NBA players.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2018  8:13 AM
d'aron Fox? Where is he on the progress scale?
Jonathon Issac? Others who had a rough rookie season. Seems like its Frank vs. DSjr and Donovan Mitchell and thats it.
Monk had a bad rookie year.
Frank is elite defensively. I would have thought "The Mecca" would have been more about recognizing a 19 year old in the NBA who actually is excelling!

Garden does not chant "offense-offense", it chants "DEFENSE!!-DEFENSE!!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/9/2018  8:50 AM
Why i'snt Kornet playing? Anyone know?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/9/2018  10:23 AM
Is tomorrow really the last game? Or is there a playoff of some sort?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/9/2018  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2018  10:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Why i'snt Kornet playing? Anyone know?

Kornet and Hicks are both hurt. One has an hamstring issue and the other has an ankle issue. Nothing serious.

Trust the Process
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/9/2018  11:04 AM
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Why i'snt Kornet playing? Anyone know?

Kornet and Hicks are both hurt. One has an hamstring issue and the other has an ankle issue. Nothing serious.

Right, plus this is literally no reason to play them when you have others that need minutes.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/9/2018  11:06 AM
Nalod wrote:d'aron Fox? Where is he on the progress scale?
Jonathon Issac? Others who had a rough rookie season. Seems like its Frank vs. DSjr and Donovan Mitchell and thats it.
Monk had a bad rookie year.
Frank is elite defensively. I would have thought "The Mecca" would have been more about recognizing a 19 year old in the NBA who actually is excelling!

Garden does not chant "offense-offense", it chants "DEFENSE!!-DEFENSE!!

Yup. I think right now, if you re-draft the 2017 NBA draft, Frank would still be in the top 10.

It would probably go

1. Donovan Mitchell
2. Tatum
3. Kuzma

then you have the next tier which can go in any order...

Frank, DSjr, Markkanen, Josh Jackson, Lonzo Ball, De'Aron Fox

Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy