Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/25/2018  3:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:Bo Outlaw used to play in the summer league and average triple doubles every year. No need for Burke to be there. Rather see Frank run the point and give the backup mins to an undrafted FA etc

Why should they still be trying to focus on making him a PG when he had more success playing off the ball. If you want to get him to be more aggressive offensively, then stop focusing on him distributing the ball, and more on catch & shoot, spot up shooter, using screens.

He's a PG...He might be able to play off the ball, but he's a PG. We saw some some high assist games from him during the season...we saw that he has good court vision...we saw that he was our best defender from the PG position.

He's going to be a PG. I see him play the 2 in certain circumstances...maybe taking on a pesky SF to shut him down if he grows another inch and gets stronger, but you want to see him playing at the point in SL, to do otherwise would be foolish, IMO.

With fiz stressing position less basketball, i don't see him playing any one guard position.

Your point guard has to be able to drop buckets in this era, which kind of takes away from traditional pg,s from back in the day.

ES
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/25/2018  5:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:Bo Outlaw used to play in the summer league and average triple doubles every year. No need for Burke to be there. Rather see Frank run the point and give the backup mins to an undrafted FA etc

Why should they still be trying to focus on making him a PG when he had more success playing off the ball. If you want to get him to be more aggressive offensively, then stop focusing on him distributing the ball, and more on catch & shoot, spot up shooter, using screens.

He's a PG...He might be able to play off the ball, but he's a PG. We saw some some high assist games from him during the season...we saw that he has good court vision...we saw that he was our best defender from the PG position.

He's going to be a PG. I see him play the 2 in certain circumstances...maybe taking on a pesky SF to shut him down if he grows another inch and gets stronger, but you want to see him playing at the point in SL, to do otherwise would be foolish, IMO.

With fiz stressing position less basketball, i don't see him playing any one guard position.

Your point guard has to be able to drop buckets in this era, which kind of takes away from traditional pg,s from back in the day.

Frank is going to be much improved scoring the ball. There was very little wrong with his shot. Easy to fix his flaws. Frank can be a Primary or Secondary Ball handler. Fiz has flexibility with this entire young group.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/25/2018  5:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If you are getting scoring from the 4 position(KP) and hopefully from the 3(Knox)...Timmy at 2 will give his 15-17 pts......u do no need anything but 10-13 pts...4-6 asts....4-5 rebs...couple of steals and stellar defense....that line there coupled with the Knicks winning will make young Frank a very rich man(Frank Ntilikina to Frank White)

knicks1248
6/25/2018  8:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Frank is going to be much improved scoring the ball. There was very little wrong with his shot. Easy to fix his flaws. Frank can be a Primary or Secondary Ball handler. Fiz has flexibility with this entire young group.

I'm more interested in Burke than i am Frank, burke's role is going to be much more important than frank. He's our clear cut starter

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/25/2018  8:32 PM
[A group of Mudiay, Ntilikina, Burke, Kornet, Hicks, Williams, and Dotson] has used the time to get into a gym, playing competitive games and working on skills development. One drill Fizdale instituted has been to teach the players how to finish around the rim — a subtle art the Knicks struggled with last season. They finished 17th in the NBA in field goal percentage at the rim in 2017-18, according to Cleaning The Glass. Ntilikina was in the 34th percentile in field goal percentage at the rim, Dotson in the 42nd, and Mudiay in the 55th percentile — a jump from the woeful, bottom-fifth success he had in Denver.

“We’re doing stuff we were pretty weak at last year as a team and individuals,” Mudiay said Saturday in between sessions of a skills camp for children held at NBPA headquarters as part of Go Hoop Day. “Finishing around the basket. We do some containing drills 1-on-1. Stuff like that.”

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

6/25/2018  8:33 PM
"Mudiay has been a constant at the Knicks facility as part of a group of young Knicks working through the early summer, sometimes with Fizdale. He mentioned a core of Ntilikina, Trey Burke, Luke Kornet, Isaiah Hicks, Troy Williams, Dotson and himself."
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

6/25/2018  8:36 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/26/2018  2:03 AM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/29/2018  9:46 AM
I can't wait. I'm excited to see more poise/command coming from Ntilikina & Dotson, Kornet & Hicks.

I'm also excited to see what Knox can do against the (summer league) pros. Based on the post-season workout videos, it looks like he's already made some improvements to his game and also looks beefier. I'm a bit curious whether he'll look like a young KD... or more like a young Al Harrington (a comparison I hadn't heard before but popped in my head after considering 6'9" SFs in Knick history).

In any case, I think we're going to have at least a double-digit scorer. Hoping that Fizdale and the coaching staff can help guys like Knox and KP develop a better sense of when their teammates are open and when to pass.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
6/29/2018  10:03 AM
I think this might be the one summer league i actually tune into. I'm definitely looking fwd to seeing Dotson, Frank, Knox and Mitchell and the other kid we sign to a 2 way.

I think we should win the tournament

ES
WaltLongmire

6/29/2018  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2018  11:43 AM
Funny...many in this tweet wondering why Trier is not mentioned.

Hope he plans on playing...it would be a disappointment if he didn't.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
6/29/2018  11:45 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Funny...many in this tweet wondering why Trier is not mentioned.

that is kind of wierd

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/29/2018  12:09 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

6/29/2018  1:27 PM
martin wrote:

So everyone we want to see playing is on the roster...

Should be fun.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/29/2018  1:28 PM
martin wrote:

Any pleasant surprises on there?

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/29/2018  2:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Funny...many in this tweet wondering why Trier is not mentioned.

that is kind of wierd

Yeah, why no Trier? A little alarming?

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/29/2018  2:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2018  3:28 PM
In Bart Scott voice, "Can't Wait!!" Looking forward to seeing Knox, Trier & Robinson against this level of competition.....Want to see a more confident Frank and hopefully Dotson has grown as a player as well....I'm indifferent about seeing Troy Williams being that he was a stand-out against summer league comp last year. Not sure how much this will improve his game also, dont want to see him take minutes away from the Rooks...
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

6/29/2018  3:09 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

that is kind of wierd

Trier is on the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him. Very good college player.

Can't wait to see Knox and Robinson!

As a Cuse fan I'm also excited to see Gbinije. He was so fun to watch his last 2 season with Cuse. They could have used his shooting last season!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/29/2018  3:14 PM
Uptown wrote:In Bart Scott voice, "Can't Wait!!" Looking forward to seeing Knox, Trier & Robinson against this level of competition.....Want to see a more confident Frank and hopefully Dotson has grown as a player as well....I'm indifferent about seeing Troy Williams being that he was a stand-out last year against summer league comp last year. Not sure how much this will improve his game also, dont want to see him take minutes away from the Rooks...

Can't lie, I want them to win the tourney. Would be one of the steps to show that we have some rotational pieces.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2018  3:16 PM
FrenchFreak wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

that is kind of wierd

Trier is on the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him. Very good college player.

Can't wait to see Knox and Robinson!

As a Cuse fan I'm also excited to see Gbinije. He was so fun to watch his last 2 season with Cuse. They could have used his shooting last season!

Is Gbinije on the knick's roster? I would love for him
To come to camp with the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy