[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article on why Robinson didn't play ball at WKU and didn't transfer to another school
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  1:51 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-basketball/2017/8/2/16083402/mitchell-robinson-western-kentucky-transfer-nba-draft
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
6/23/2018  2:34 PM
In a nutshell:
* Robinson committed to WKU because his gotfather, former UNC/NBA player Shammond Williams, was hired as assistant coach.
* Williams quit his job, and as a result Robinson didn't want to be there any longer.
* He had already taken some summer classes at WKU - this may have biggest problem, as hee would have required special exemption from the NCAA to transfer and play at another school; apparently the G-League also has rules which disallowed him from joining a G-league team.

In the end, he probably could have tried to find a team overseas last minute (likely Asia to better synchronize with the timing of the seasons) or work out somewhere in the US.

His handlers (family?) were probably pretty pretty miserable about how all of this transpired, because the jumbled management of this probably cost them millions of dollars early in his career. Hopefully he turns out good and makes it all up with his next contract. All of this stuff at WKU happened without an agent guiding them through the options, and WKU wasn't going to help him with his choices.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Article on why Robinson didn't play ball at WKU and didn't transfer to another school

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy