[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'd grade this draft a c-
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/22/2018  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  9:39 AM
I think we got two low output players both mentally and physically. I'm not sure this is a direction.
I never really thought of Knox-- he has talent--6-9 215 played well in some games. Crappy defender fair rebounder for size not a great passer not a great ball handler average shooter. He's bit the size you like he's got some skill but this isn't anything more than a c pick. I don't like the 36 pick at all. We could've had Khyri Thomas for cheap and we passed? Thomas would've fit in better-- also more mature
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/22/2018  9:40 AM
I bet if we traded frank and 36 for huerter you would of given this draft a A+
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

6/22/2018  9:54 AM
Do your predictions get an F?
StarksEwing1

6/22/2018  9:56 AM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Do your predictions get an F?
one good this is that the opposites of Briggs predictions always happen. So that makes me feel even happier about our draft
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/22/2018  10:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I think we got two low output players both mentally and physically. I'm not sure this is a direction.
I never really thought of Knox-- he has talent--6-9 215 played well in some games. Crappy defender fair rebounder for size not a great passer not a great ball handler average shooter. He's bit the size you like he's got some skill but this isn't anything more than a c pick. I don't like the 36 pick at all. We could've had Khyri Thomas for cheap and we passed? Thomas would've fit in better-- also more mature

I couldn't disagree more. I think considering you were willing to sell the farm for guys like Huerter and K Thomas, among others who went lower than you expected, you judgment on these players this year was considerably off from the consensus of NBA people. Knox is an excellent fit in this era of basketball as a stretch 4 (KP will move to full-time center eventually) and Robinson is a high-risk gamble but worth a flier in the 2nd round. I think this year in particular your judgment of players were very off to be honest. Nothing wrong with making predictions though, but keep them reasonable and in perspective.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/22/2018  10:40 AM
These guys are both projects for sure. I think the 2nd rounder was an appropriate gamble. A for that one. I think our 1st rounder was a bit of a reach, if we were going for a gamble why not grab Porter?

C+/B- for me.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/22/2018  10:42 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think we got two low output players both mentally and physically. I'm not sure this is a direction.

I couldn't disagree more. I think considering you were willing to sell the farm for guys like Huerter and K Thomas, among others who went lower than you expected, you judgment on these players this year was considerably off from the consensus of NBA people. Knox is an excellent fit in this era of basketball as a stretch 4 (KP will move to full-time center eventually) and Robinson is a high-risk gamble but worth a flier in the 2nd round. I think this year in particular your judgment of players were very off to be honest. Nothing wrong with making predictions though, but keep them reasonable and in perspective.

Guys I liked through the process Huerter Okogie Robinson all went way higher than anticipated--only Thomas was lower. Lets see how off I am.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/22/2018  10:47 AM
I have to say that Briggs is right the early assessment is clearly C-. Knox looks like a scorer but has motor issues. Ok rebounder ok defensively. Absolutely doesn’t make others better very little passing ability. Suspect ball handling. Only thing to hang our hat on is that he is one of the youngest in the draft. Hopefully he is money motivated.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/22/2018  11:02 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Guys I liked through the process Huerter Okogie Robinson all went way higher than anticipated--only Thomas was lower. Lets see how off I am.

come on man... you practically praised every player in the draft. You don't get to cherry pick the ones that went higher than expected... also, Huerter went as expected. I live 30 minutes from UMD and they have been talking about him going EXACTLY where he went for month or two now

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2018  11:11 AM
The lowest grade I have seen so far is a B- The highest was a B+. Most sites graded the draft aB.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

6/22/2018  11:27 AM
Knox is the GOAT until further notice.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2018  11:28 AM
I recall some thinking that Miami got the "steal of the draft" when they picked up Winslow...others were saying we struck gold with Grant. I thought the 2015 draft class was pretty good, but when you look at the top 10, it is less than impressive. You and I both liked Kaminsky, who has been pretty pedestrian so far...you just don't know how players to turn out.

For the most part, you have to wait a few years to grade any team's draft...at least 3, especially when you are picking kids who are 18 and 19 years old.

I'm willing to wait and see.

I think Knox was a good pick. If we were a playoff team a guy like Mikal would have been a fine pick, since he could step into a rotation slot from day 1, but we drafted for the long game with Knox and Robinson.

Both guys also come into the league with chips on their respective shoulders. The Barclays' boos and Porter chants will inspire Knox, and Robinson will try to show that the early promise he showed was real, and that if he had played in college he would have been taken in the 1st round.

Have to be patient...snap grades are not the way to go...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/22/2018  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  11:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The lowest grade I have seen so far is a B- The highest was a B+. Most sites graded the draft aB.

Briggs is Right

The front office as a whole gets a GRADE C..they just don't do enough to bring excitement, nothing they do is impressive, it's not bad either, but you won't be blown away, and...you won't be associating the words savviness, sharp, on point, smart, shrewd, slick to describe anything they do.

It's like they're playing not to lose instead of playing to win and destroy the competition, like they are scared to make a move to shake up the franchise.

They had 2 future 2nd rnd picks( from the willy trade) they could have dangled to move up and try and get the franchise back on track sooner than later

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/22/2018  11:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:The lowest grade I have seen so far is a B- The highest was a B+. Most sites graded the draft aB.

Briggs is Right

The front office as a whole gets a GRADE C..they just don't do enough to bring excitement, nothing they do is impressive, it's not bad either, but you won't be blown away, and...you won't be associating the words savviness, sharp, on point, smart, shrewd, slick to describe anything they do.

It's like they're playing not to lose instead of playing to win and destroy the competition, like they are scared to make a move to shake up the franchise

this is why you are lost. Org doesnt need to be shook up. Its need a solid foundation. Building that is boring and takes time. Not trading picks for Rondo and Kemba Walker.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/22/2018  11:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Briggs u took Huerter at 9 in the mock. And you say Knicks didn’t get value at 9? Huerter is a late 1st talent you wanted at 9 based on the draft game. Don’t say he went higher than expected.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2018  11:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

It's like they're playing not to lose instead of playing to win and destroy the competition, like they are scared to make a move to shake up the franchise.

They had 2 future 2nd rnd picks( from the willy trade) they could have dangled to move up and try and get the franchise back on track sooner than later

If the organization played not to lose, Mikal Bridges would have been the pick @9. In your opinion, what would have been the sharp, on point, shrewd pick @ 9

knicks1248
6/22/2018  11:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

It's like they're playing not to lose instead of playing to win and destroy the competition, like they are scared to make a move to shake up the franchise

this is why you are lost. Org doesnt need to be shook up. Its need a solid foundation. Building that is boring and takes time. Not trading picks for Rondo and Kemba Walker.

we have been rebuilding since 2013 wtf are you talking about..

ES
knicks1248
6/22/2018  11:44 AM
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

If the organization played not to lose, Mikal Bridges would have been the pick @9. In your opinion, what would have been the sharp, on point, shrewd pick @ 9

I would have like to see a A+ grade on draft night

ES
StarksEwing1

6/22/2018  11:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

you have zero patience. Yes you want to win right this minute which isnt realistic. The two picks have higher ceilings but it will take some time
knicks1248
6/22/2018  12:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

you have zero patience. Yes you want to win right this minute which isnt realistic. The two picks have higher ceilings but it will take some time

LMAO after five consecutive 50+ losing season that mills was directly associated with, and I have no patience..smdh

ES
I'd grade this draft a c-

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy