Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

6/27/2018  3:26 PM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Andrew wrote:This is the best article I found on him. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/

This article is great. has lows and highs on Mitchell. And from personal experience I agree 100%. Now I understand why he was working on his outside game. He's similar to javel Magee right now. Long help side **** blocker with hops....but no post game. This is today's nba big man. I don't think he will be a prototypical back to the basket player. but he can protect the rim and make up ground. They talked about details I noticed like high hips.....Article is very accurate.

I agree. Thanks Andrew for the share. I really think he is very similar to Thon Maker.

That article almost makes in sound like Amare Stoudemire with PLUS defense. I didn't read the whole thing but it doesn't seem to talk about his mindset or approach to the game. If he can be hungry and mentally tough it can be an awesome combination. Unfortunately, Amare himself want mentally tough or very smart either. This kid is lot younger and has time to learn, but if I was the Knicks, I would focus on getting him enough support to create a safe space for him to learn and grow. Given this is New York, I honestly don't think it will happen though.

Westchester... pretty burbs, great gym, close to stuff... Hard to see Robinson up here much next year but who knows. This is the perfect use of G league IMO... if he shows any work ethic give him the Dotson contract

That would be a safe space for sure, but he wouldn't benefit from the coaching of the guy we just hired for this specific purpose, developing young players.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/27/2018  3:40 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Andrew wrote:This is the best article I found on him. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/

This article is great. has lows and highs on Mitchell. And from personal experience I agree 100%. Now I understand why he was working on his outside game. He's similar to javel Magee right now. Long help side **** blocker with hops....but no post game. This is today's nba big man. I don't think he will be a prototypical back to the basket player. but he can protect the rim and make up ground. They talked about details I noticed like high hips.....Article is very accurate.

I agree. Thanks Andrew for the share. I really think he is very similar to Thon Maker.

That article almost makes in sound like Amare Stoudemire with PLUS defense. I didn't read the whole thing but it doesn't seem to talk about his mindset or approach to the game. If he can be hungry and mentally tough it can be an awesome combination. Unfortunately, Amare himself want mentally tough or very smart either. This kid is lot younger and has time to learn, but if I was the Knicks, I would focus on getting him enough support to create a safe space for him to learn and grow. Given this is New York, I honestly don't think it will happen though.

Westchester... pretty burbs, great gym, close to stuff... Hard to see Robinson up here much next year but who knows. This is the perfect use of G league IMO... if he shows any work ethic give him the Dotson contract

That would be a safe space for sure, but he wouldn't benefit from the coaching of the guy we just hired for this specific purpose, developing young players.

It seemed like the G-League staff from last year did a good job with development. We had a number of guys get call ups to NBA last year.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/27/2018  4:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

It seemed like the G-League staff from last year did a good job with development. We had a number of guys get call ups to NBA last year.
Yea... the G league is a big part of the Knicks players development. Listen to Kornet and Dotson... Burke as well. 2nd round picks, undrafted FA, reclamation projects like Burke... Gleague is a the perfect place to get reps. Your first rounders... they generally get more attention and time with the big club. How it goes
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2018  4:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Yea... the G league is a big part of the Knicks players development. Listen to Kornet and Dotson... Burke as well. 2nd round picks, undrafted FA, reclamation projects like Burke... Gleague is a the perfect place to get reps. Your first rounders... they generally get more attention and time with the big club. How it goes

This. Mike Miller was coy of the g league last year. The Knicks are bringing another kid from last years weschester sauad to play in the summer league. It would be a great opportunity for Robinson. Kidney recently did a podcast and talked about how it wasn't a big adjustment going to the NBA because being in Westchester had prepared him for it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/27/2018  4:59 PM
Easier to get call ups when your NBA roster is a** but that said I do have faith in Fiz using stuff he learned in Miami to better our youngins.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/27/2018  5:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

This. Mike Miller was coy of the g league last year. The Knicks are bringing another kid from last years weschester sauad to play in the summer league. It would be a great opportunity for Robinson. Kidney recently did a podcast and talked about how it wasn't a big adjustment going to the NBA because being in Westchester had prepared him for it.
you and I dont always agree but I know you like me see this as such a breath of fresh air. We have never demanded miracles from our FO... just a sane plan. This is sane, and honestly fun to watch. We keep drafting, getting younger and are combing the streets for talented guys who might be fixable. I can be patient with that.

There is no quick fix. The quick fix is luck, as in Frank and Dotson blossom, Burke is a legit PG, KP returns stronger and better, Knox pops like a Kuzma/Mitchell clone and Kryie signs in the offseason moving Burke/THJ to the bench as the highest scoring bench duo (ever) who come into games with fans yelling "Wolverines!!!! Oh... and did I mention and just missing the playoffs after a late season KP infused surge we win the lottery

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/28/2018  1:56 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/28/2018  3:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2018  3:43 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

I do like his interviews - his answers are short and to the point, but it completely seems to flummox the interviewer “what kind of player are you?” “chilled, kind of”

I was very shy at that age, so I can relate to the awkwardness!

He seems like a nice guy, I do hope he does well.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/28/2018  5:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I do like his interviews - his answers are short and to the point, but it completely seems to flummox the interviewer “what kind of player are you?” “chilled, kind of”

I was very shy at that age, so I can relate to the awkwardness!

He seems like a nice guy, I do hope he does well.

I don't know him personally, but being around him and talking to his girl friend (soon to be ex), he appears to be a straight up dude. Probably a late bloomer as far as mental maturity.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/28/2018  10:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

you and I dont always agree but I know you like me see this as such a breath of fresh air. We have never demanded miracles from our FO... just a sane plan. This is sane, and honestly fun to watch. We keep drafting, getting younger and are combing the streets for talented guys who might be fixable. I can be patient with that.

There is no quick fix. The quick fix is luck, as in Frank and Dotson blossom, Burke is a legit PG, KP returns stronger and better, Knox pops like a Kuzma/Mitchell clone and Kryie signs in the offseason moving Burke/THJ to the bench as the highest scoring bench duo (ever) who come into games with fans yelling "Wolverines!!!! Oh... and did I mention and just missing the playoffs after a late season KP infused surge we win the lottery

+ 1000

CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2018  12:22 AM
Very thorough article on Robinson. A lot of video analysis I haven't seen before. Also, Robinson may have been denied eligibility to play in the g league this year because he was enrolled in school. I have to research that a bit more because it doesn't go a long with past practice in previous years but the source is Givony.
CrushAlot
USA
7/4/2018  11:35 AM
https://theknickswall.com/unpacking-mystery-mitchell-robinson/
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/5/2018  7:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2018  7:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:https://theknickswall.com/unpacking-mystery-mitchell-robinson/

This is a very nice article about Robinson. Fair and balanced.

After seeing his interview, I was very impressed with his answer of wanting to go to college for computer science. That is a lofty goal and it shows he has a brain. The fact that he just started playing in HS is interesting too. Yes he will be behind in fundamentals and he has alot to learn in the next couple of years.

Physically, the kid is really LONG. 7-1" tall and a 9'2" standing reach! The video of him taking one dribble from the backcourt 3 point line to a dunk is pretty damn athletic.

If NY can develop this kid, they may have found a gem. Great gamble pick, IMO. Young, Athletic, long and smart....but needs basketball IQ.

I hope he gets to play and learn this year.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/5/2018  12:49 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/07/05/knicks-cant-believe-how-good-their-new-athletic-freak-looks/

Good info on Robinson, his training (how blkexec hindered his progress) and Fizdale going into detail about his plan to develop Robinson.

blkexec
7/5/2018  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2018  1:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/07/05/knicks-cant-believe-how-good-their-new-athletic-freak-looks/

Good info on Robinson, his training (how blkexec hindered his progress) and Fizdale going into detail about his plan to develop Robinson.

Everything I've read is spot on with my in person accessment. His training seems to pay off.....And hes a good kid.....Wasn't high or anything like most NBA players. He was focused....Hes so long everything looks slow.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
7/5/2018  1:42 PM
I'm liking Fitzdale more and more. He said the same thing I saw.....but encouraged him to develop what hes good at first......I saw him shooting 3s....Eurosteping to the goal....all kinds of guard like drills. But when he played a pickup game.....His natural skill set is to run....jump.....catch lobs. You will notice him always pointing up when he runs....So a solid guard will see that and turn him into lob city. Fiz will turn him into a complete player.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/5/2018  1:52 PM
blkexec wrote:I'm liking Fitzdale more and more. He said the same thing I saw.....but encouraged him to develop what hes good at first......I saw him shooting 3s....Eurosteping to the goal....all kinds of guard like drills. But when he played a pickup game.....His natural skill set is to run....jump.....catch lobs. You will notice him always pointing up when he runs....So a solid guard will see that and turn him into lob city. Fiz will turn him into a complete player.

Thanks for all the info you've shared about him, it's been really interesting

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/5/2018  2:44 PM
Holy Shit at this video!!!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
USA
7/5/2018  2:57 PM
I am really excited to see the game Saturday. I think Trier was a great pick up as well. It might be a stretch but I think the Knicks were able to get three first round talents from the past draft.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/5/2018  3:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I am really excited to see the game Saturday. I think Trier was a great pick up as well. It might be a stretch but I think the Knicks were able to get three first round talents from the past draft.

Couldn't agree more...Robinson is definitely 1st round talent and Trier would have been drafted in the 1st round last year if not for the suspension.

With the 36 Pick, the Knicks pick Mitchell Robinson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy