Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

6/21/2018  9:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  9:15 PM

Let's hope the Kevin Knox pick (my guy) is correct
but there were several other picks after Miles Bridges,
Mikai Miles, Michael Porter Jr. all giving GOOD grace &
Praise the almight God, the Lord OUR lord.

Lets hope #9 pick Knox, gets OUR prayers for successful NYK start
good luck with health/development ect.

Yea yea, I'm a christian and serious about it.

Last time we heard Praise the Lord give thanks was the 2017/2018 NFL Philly Eagles whom I can't stand
but rooted for them (I'm Mr. Pitt Steeler they dislike us in PA, outside Pittburgh )

Oops the WORLD NFL Superbowl Champs Philly Eagles..! 1/2 squad giving thanks, mercy praise to GOD
then WINNING Superbowl over hated NE Pats

However those young guys as Michael Porter, and both Mikai Bridges & Miles Bridges
all touched me taking time to look up to 1 God of the world.

With that said,
I'm very HAPPY & Comfortable with Knox my wish despite him not "Praising the Lord"
LOL

We need the KNICKS our Knicks to be good, this is a GOOD Start by mgmt., coaches/drafting staff now on to 36th pick

Knicks should try swap #36 move up & sent Frenchman Frank N. with their pick to be able
to grab Aaron Holiday.

But he's gonna go soon

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
Juliano
Member: #7589

6/22/2018  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  1:17 PM
I believe there is no such thing as a god, but if there were I'd hope it would have more important things to deal with than bloody basketball, or any professionnal sports for that matter.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2018  1:45 PM
Juliano wrote:I believe there is no such thing as a god, but if there were I'd hope it would have more important things to deal with than bloody basketball, or any professionnal sports for that matter.

Another non-believer.

Me...I always consider it good if a player doesn't praise a deity every time something good happens to him...

I think these kids are told by parents or their pastors to do this kind of thing, and it drives me crazy when a player I root for does it.

The gods don't care about human sports...they don't take sides. A players succeeds because of their own effort, and the combined efforts of their teammates and coaches.

I do believe that the basketball gods owe us some favors if they exist...unless they like to watch Knicks fans be tortured every year.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/25/2018  11:59 AM
Always an interesting concept, knowing what God(s) should and should not care about. Amazes me that piles of water and $4.37 worth of elements can make judgements on deity. Guess that's why we're all commenting on internet sports boards and not running the universe.

It will be interesting to see if these same kids still praise God when things don't go well in their lives.

Juliano

6/25/2018  12:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:Always an interesting concept, knowing what God(s) should and should not care about. Amazes me that piles of water and $4.37 worth of elements can make judgements on deity. Guess that's why we're all commenting on internet sports boards and not running the universe.

It will be interesting to see if these same kids still praise God when things don't go well in their lives.

We (the human beings) are running our known universe, whilst there has been no evidence of the existence of any kind of deity.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/25/2018  1:41 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Juliano wrote:I believe there is no such thing as a god, but if there were I'd hope it would have more important things to deal with than bloody basketball, or any professionnal sports for that matter.

Another non-believer.

Me...I always consider it good if a player doesn't praise a deity every time something good happens to him...

I think these kids are told by parents or their pastors to do this kind of thing, and it drives me crazy when a player I root for does it.

The gods don't care about human sports...they don't take sides. A players succeeds because of their own effort, and the combined efforts of their teammates and coaches.

I do believe that the basketball gods owe us some favors if they exist...unless they like to watch Knicks fans be tortured every year.

I believe that God cares about every small detail of our lives....this is all mapped out before we are born.....every detail the timing of...the missed opportunities...the instances of "good luck"....the highs the lows are all written....these kids are coming into millions of dollars...generational transformative wealth...it does not hurt to give God his due....from my perspective....

Juliano

6/25/2018  1:48 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
I believe that God cares about every small detail of our lives

Well if he/she/it does, he/she/it really does a **** job of it, or he/she/it has a sick twisted sense of humor.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/25/2018  1:55 PM
Juliano wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

Well if he/she/it does, he/she/it really does a **** job of it, or he/she/it has a sick twisted sense of humor.

There is no two, no duality. There is only one.
Me, You, universe, are all God.
There is no separation anywhere outside our small Mind and our over-sized Ego.
Just silence you Small Mind and stop obeying to your big Ego and You will be God.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Juliano

6/25/2018  2:04 PM
arkrud wrote:There is no two, no duality. There is only one.
Just silence you Small Mind and stop obeying to your big Ego and You will be God.

I'm perfectly fine with being just a human being, thank you though.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/25/2018  2:29 PM
Wow OK
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/25/2018  2:52 PM
Juliano wrote:
arkrud wrote:There is no two, no duality. There is only one.

I'm perfectly fine with being just a human being, thank you though.

I think you get it then; and you will be fine after being something else also.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2018  3:10 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:

Let's hope the Kevin Knox pick (my guy) is correct
but there were several other picks after Miles Bridges,
Mikai Miles, Michael Porter Jr. all giving GOOD grace &
Praise the almight God, the Lord OUR lord.

Lets hope #9 pick Knox, gets OUR prayers for successful NYK start
good luck with health/development ect.

Yea yea, I'm a christian and serious about it.

Last time we heard Praise the Lord give thanks was the 2017/2018 NFL Philly Eagles whom I can't stand
but rooted for them (I'm Mr. Pitt Steeler they dislike us in PA, outside Pittburgh )

Oops the WORLD NFL Superbowl Champs Philly Eagles..! 1/2 squad giving thanks, mercy praise to GOD
then WINNING Superbowl over hated NE Pats

However those young guys as Michael Porter, and both Mikai Bridges & Miles Bridges
all touched me taking time to look up to 1 God of the world.

With that said,
I'm very HAPPY & Comfortable with Knox my wish despite him not "Praising the Lord"
LOL

We need the KNICKS our Knicks to be good, this is a GOOD Start by mgmt., coaches/drafting staff now on to 36th pick

Knicks should try swap #36 move up & sent Frenchman Frank N. with their pick to be able
to grab Aaron Holiday.

But he's gonna go soon

You're a brave man / woman and a spiritually grounded person, which is great to hear. Don't worry about the feedback you will continue to get with this topic. Jesus and his disciples went through similar times, but worst back in biblical time. Thank you for being open about your religion. One day we will all be able to accept other religions, without degrading comments that could impact ones belief. Keep us all in your prayers.

Like a wise man once told me, God didn't create homes for us to live in, he gave us trees for man to us. Man took the trees and started to build homes / tools to survive.

But this is the first time I believe that I've heard someone in hear create a thread that talks about praying for our players.....I love it. That's someone who's grounded in their belief and not ashamed about it.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ekstarks94

6/25/2018  3:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2018  4:39 PM
Juliano wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

This world is not perfect and not as God intended it to be....that is why you can have the "good guy finish last"...and the folks that continue to do dirt succeed....again...the world is not perfect or fair...but that does not mean that God does not care...my II cents

doomed
Member: #1078
USA
6/25/2018  4:49 PM
Fairy tails....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2018  4:53 PM
God hates Melo.
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/25/2018  5:01 PM
Nalod wrote:God hates Melo.

LMAO

Juliano

6/25/2018  5:40 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:This world is not perfect and not as God intended it to be....that is why you can have the "good guy finish last"...and the folks that continue to do dirt succeed....again...the world is not perfect or fair...but that does not mean that God does not care...my II cents

Yeah, the old "You've got to be thankful to god for everything good and blame human's imperfections for everything bad" line of thought. Well, I've made it clear I have no need for such an hypothesis (the existence of a god) but even if there were, my point was that I'd bloody hope it would start by preventing kids from getting leukemia before thinking about helping millionaires win basketball games.

ekstarks94

6/25/2018  5:50 PM
Juliano wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:This world is not perfect and not as God intended it to be....that is why you can have the "good guy finish last"...and the folks that continue to do dirt succeed....again...the world is not perfect or fair...but that does not mean that God does not care...my II cents

Yeah, the old "You've got to be thankful to god for everything good and blame human's imperfections for everything bad" line of thought. Well, I've made it clear I have no need for such an hypothesis (the existence of a god) but even if there were, my point was that I'd bloody hope it would start by preventing kids from getting leukemia before thinking about helping millionaires win basketball games.

I hear u....I hear u....no blame on imperfections....it is what it is because if it could be something else...quite frankly it would be....everyone has their own beliefs...not here to say right or wrong.....trying to provide some enlightenment from my perspective just like you are trying to do the same for your perspective as well....

Life "here" is not fair....which your leukemia and basketball millionaire comment suggests...I get that......I do not have answers but that does not mean that there is not one...just ask

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/25/2018  6:40 PM
God and religion were invented as a way to control the masses, and both are stil working fine.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/25/2018  8:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:God and religion were invented as a way to control the masses, and both are stil working fine.

Yup...and you don't have to be a Marxist to believe this...This nation is living proof of this, despite our so called separation of church and state.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
small Warning,minor observation: NBA players/drafted "Praise the lord"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy