[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Which SF should the Knicks take at #9 pick?

Author Poll
Markji
Member: #1673
USA
Assuming these are the players available at #9, who do you like best? And Why?
In alphabetical order:
Kevin Knox - Kentucky
Mikal Bridges - Villanova
Miles Bridges - Michigan State
Collin Sexton - Alabama
View Results

Author Thread
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
USA
6/21/2018  5:42 PM
Whoops - the title is a little misleading as I included Collin Sexton who is a PG. The other 3 are SF.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
6/21/2018  5:50 PM
Does anyone see Miles Bridges as a bigger, more brolic version of Vince Carter or Jerry Stackhouse? He’s compared to Jerome Kersey on Nbadraftnet, tho I can only seem to remember the overweight version of Kersey later in his career.

What I like about him is his relatively high assist #s per 36. We need players than can move the ball.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
USA
6/21/2018  6:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  6:54 PM
I take Mikal Bridges.
Miles B, Kevin knox, and Sexton are all billed as being very athletic and can learn/develop
a. a better shot
b. better defense
c. work hard to develop
4. Etc

While Mikal Bridges has already developed those skills at a very high level. He also is a winner and team player at Villanova.

I've seen too many very "athletic " players come into the NBA and not make it because they haven't been able to develop to a high enough level. or they haven't really learned/grasped how to play NBA basketball.
Mikal B is a basketball player. He knows how to play the game. The other guys....one hopes they will develop that.

So Mikal is my man.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/21/2018  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  6:56 PM
Markji wrote:I take Mikal Bridges.
Miles B, Kevin knox, and Sexton are all billed as being very athletic and can learn/develop
a. a better shot
b. better defense
c. work hard to develop
4. Etc

While Mikal Bridges has already developed those skills at a very high level. He also is a winner and team player at Villanova.

I've seen too many very "athletic " players come into the NBA and not make it because they haven't been able to develop to a high enough level. or they haven't really learned how to play NBA basketball.
Mikal B is a basketball player. He knows how to play the game. The other guys....one hopes they will develop that.

So Mikal is my man.

I would be happy with Mikal. I guess my only issue is if his ceiling is any higher given his age. Knox may end up with a much higher ceiling as long as he stays motivated and he seems to want to be on the Knicks. Either one id be happy with but still a touh decision
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/21/2018  7:00 PM
Markji wrote:Whoops - the title is a little misleading as I included Collin Sexton who is a PG. The other 3 are SF.

It's really close for me between Mikal and Knox. I have been for Mikal for months but i think i'm leaning towards Knox. Just seems like the type that can break out in the league with the right development.

StarksEwing1

6/21/2018  7:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Markji wrote:Whoops - the title is a little misleading as I included Collin Sexton who is a PG. The other 3 are SF.

It's really close for me between Mikal and Knox. I have been for Mikal for months but i think i'm leaning towards Knox. Just seems like the type that can break out in the league with the right development.

Seems like the Knicks are down to choosing between the two of them
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/21/2018  7:07 PM
Knox has the best upside! Just needs time and a great development program which I think we’ll have!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/21/2018  7:10 PM
Seems as if the Knicks are into Mikal & Knox... that is, unless one of the players they rank higher falls to them.

It'll be (obviously) telling if Trae or Porter fall to them and they still pass.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
blkexec
Member: #748
6/21/2018  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  7:11 PM
I just heard mikal is this years donovan Mitchell....I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Mikal is versatile and doesn't need the ball to impact the game. Look on this draft list and most players need the ball.....I like players that can impact the game with and without the ball. Knox seems like the melo type....needs to see the ball go in before he impacts the game. Unless he's projected as the go to guy....future superstar. Otherwise I don't want a fake ball hog roll player that thinks he's an all star. But if knox is the next melo or tatum. Then pick him at nine.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/21/2018  7:11 PM
Got to be Knox, Knicks

That dont Rhyme but got a knack to it.
Saying it slow Knox Knix/Knicks

Listen we need to HIT HOMERUN tonight .. if Kevin is there #9

but listen Bridges boyz are nice.. Will they be stars ? we dont know you got to be a star before a Superstar

M.Bridges is a Fit in Player, smart will be a winner 1 day

I Want a SUPERSTAR potential.

Unless you got #1 pick, Or #2 or 3, WE DONT!

At #9th pick Knicks be CRAZY if they pass on Knox whom "Torched " the nice Gent M.Bridges in workouts.
Don't mean Bridges wont be good OR Knox will be so much better. Knox got chance to be Star & then Superstar.

It can happen, we need HomeRun OR TD/NFL playmaker
someone whom media can talk about if we get lucky. Dont think it will be Bridges, Sexton is worse (nice playa)
and rest after #9th pick.

KNICKS BETTER TAKE KEVIN KNOX

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
StarksEwing1

6/21/2018  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  7:15 PM
blkexec wrote:I just heard mikal is this years donovan Mitchell....I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Mikal is versatile and doesn't need the ball to impact the game. Look on this draft list and most players need the ball.....I like players that can impact the game with and without the ball. Knox seems like the melo type....needs to see the ball go in before he impacts the game. Unless he's projected as the go to guy....future superstar. Otherwise I don't want a fake ball hog roll player that thinks he's an all star. But if knox is the next melo or tatum. Then pick him at nine.
Hey if that happened and the knicks picked him i would jump with joy. But like Mitchell he was also an older prospect and more nba ready. Im not saying mitchell is gonna have a sophmore slump or something but it will be interesting to see if he has more room to grow or not. Having kids like Frank and Knox potentially who are extremely young might not show that type of production right way but 2-3 years down the line could be really big parts of hopefully a playoff caliber knicks tea
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/21/2018  7:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Also seems like he could be a Giant bust

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  7:24 PM
Knox. Want the Knicks to go for a player with a big upside. I worry about players who seem to check all the boxes sometimes turning into a jack of all trades, master of none. As in role player.
StarksEwing1

6/21/2018  7:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  7:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Knox. Want the Knicks to go for a player with a big upside. I worry about players who seem to check all the boxes sometimes turning into a jack of all trades, master of none. As in role player.
Agreed. Its not like we are gonna be a playoff team anyway next year so having kids like frank and Knox go through some growing pains is fine. I really do like Mikal but i do see him more as a really good role player. Knox as long as he is kept motivated and he seems to really want to be a Knick so he could end up a real big weapon.
Which SF should the Knicks take at #9 pick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy