[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
6/20/2018  5:29 PM
What do you guys think??? I would love me some Bamba. Him and Porzingis down low would be ridiculous. It would give this team a real true identity in the future. What would it take to trade up? Maybe this is for the #4 pick from Memphis? We would swap picks and take on Parsons? Sign me up.

Ian Begley (@IanBegley)
26 mins ago - View on Twitter
Members of the Knicks organization met in-person with Texas’ Mohamed Bamba in New York today, team sources told ESPN. The meeting is an indication that the Knicks are considering trading up from the No. 9 pick. Bamba is projected as the fifth pick in ESPN's latest mock draft.

Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/20/2018  5:32 PM
Definitely a big move if they did this. I really have a good feeling about Bamba! His offense is going to be better than folks think. Perry seems like he’s gonna be active.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  5:33 PM
SkyWalker wrote:What do you guys think??? I would love me some Bamba. Him and Porzingis down low would be ridiculous. It would give this team a real true identity in the future. What would it take to trade up? Maybe this is for the #4 pick from Memphis? We would swap picks and take on Parsons? Sign me up.

Ian Begley (@IanBegley)
26 mins ago - View on Twitter
Members of the Knicks organization met in-person with Texas’ Mohamed Bamba in New York today, team sources told ESPN. The meeting is an indication that the Knicks are considering trading up from the No. 9 pick. Bamba is projected as the fifth pick in ESPN's latest mock draft.

Dude! Like this:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/20/2018  5:42 PM
Why the Knicks tryin to get me excited 😜
SkyWalker
Member: #814
6/20/2018  5:48 PM
My only concern is that the Bulls seem like they also want Bamba badly. I understand why - I think he would be such a perfect fit with Bulls as a complement next to Markenen. Also sounds like the Celtics really want Bamba. Let's say Bulls and Knicks both offer to swap and take Parson's contract. Then knicks and bulls will likely need to add an additional young player especially for salaries to work. Hardaway seems like a guy that could really help Memphis. Same with Courtney Lee. Who would the Bulls include?
Bamba seems to me as someone that you could justify most years drafting with the #1 pick overall. This year has a bunch of very high ceiling players that seem to be even more established already (Ayton, bagley etc..).

Do the knicks need to wait until the Hawks officially don't draft Bamba? Is there another guy that they would love at #4? Luka? I say try and make the deal now before other teams come swooping in last minute.

Kenny SkyWalker
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/20/2018  5:53 PM
SkyWalker wrote:My only concern is that the Bulls seem like they also want Bamba badly. I understand why - I think he would be such a perfect fit with Bulls as a complement next to Markenen. Also sounds like the Celtics really want Bamba. Let's say Bulls and Knicks both offer to swap and take Parson's contract. Then knicks and bulls will likely need to add an additional young player especially for salaries to work. Hardaway seems like a guy that could really help Memphis. Same with Courtney Lee. Who would the Bulls include?
Bamba seems to me as someone that you could justify most years drafting with the #1 pick overall. This year has a bunch of very high ceiling players that seem to be even more established already (Ayton, bagley etc..).

Do the knicks need to wait until the Hawks officially don't draft Bamba? Is there another guy that they would love at #4? Luka? I say try and make the deal now before other teams come swooping in last minute.

Knicks will also throw Dotson in that deal as well.....
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/20/2018  5:55 PM
The idea around adding a guy like Bamba imo would be to mold him as a monster man to man/switch defender who can also stretch the floor. This would make an ideal modern frontline of size, length, defense, spacing.

But 4 also may put us in position of Luka and JJJ.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
6/20/2018  5:56 PM
martin
USA
6/20/2018  5:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:The idea around adding a guy like Bamba imo would be to mold him as a monster man to man/switch defender who can also stretch the floor. This would make an ideal modern frontline of size, length, defense, spacing.

yes this.

The only guy I DONT like at 4 is Bagley

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/20/2018  5:59 PM
Any of the top 5 would be great. Think Knicks def want Doncic of course but Fiz may be salivating at the thought of Bamba anchoring his defense
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
TPercy
Member: #5748

6/20/2018  5:59 PM
I knew it was a mistake refreshing UK. Now this story has me too giddy to sleep.
The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/20/2018  6:02 PM
Like I said on another thread, as soon as the mocks started saying the hawks were taking Doncic, it was game over for the griz - they have to trade down in that scenario as Jackson and Bamba are bad fits with gasol and Porter might have to red shirt his first season.

We do actually have a few vets that would be nice for them -Lee, Kanter or Thomas fit nicely with their window (gasol and conley).

I would be delighted if we could do a Kanter and Lee and not include the 9th,but I'm not so excited about just moving up for Bamba (and not convinced he's better than Jackson anyway)

martin
USA
6/20/2018  6:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:Like I said on another thread, as soon as the mocks started saying the hawks were taking Doncic, it was game over for the griz - they have to trade down in that scenario as Jackson and Bamba are bad fits with gasol and Porter might have to red shirt his first season.

We do actually have a few vets that would be nice for them -Lee, Kanter or Thomas fit nicely with their window (gasol and conley).

I would be delighted if we could do a Kanter and Lee and not include the 9th,but I'm not so excited about just moving up for Bamba (and not convinced he's better than Jackson anyway)

Hadn't thought about it that way, kinda makes sense

newyorknewyork
6/20/2018  6:05 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:The idea around adding a guy like Bamba imo would be to mold him as a monster man to man/switch defender who can also stretch the floor. This would make an ideal modern frontline of size, length, defense, spacing.

yes this.

With Ayton, Luka, JJJ, Bamba. One the 3 if the will be there at 4.

martin
USA
6/20/2018  6:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

yes this.

With Ayton, Luka, JJJ, Bamba. One the 3 if the will be there at 4.

Agreed, think Bagley is locked at #2

TPercy
Member: #5748

6/20/2018  6:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:Like I said on another thread, as soon as the mocks started saying the hawks were taking Doncic, it was game over for the griz - they have to trade down in that scenario as Jackson and Bamba are bad fits with gasol and Porter might have to red shirt his first season.

I think Timmy and 9 would get the deal done without an issue though I’d be sad to see Timmy go.
The Future is Bright!
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/20/2018  6:14 PM
TPercy wrote:

I think Timmy and 9 would get the deal done without an issue though I’d be sad to see Timmy go.

They are going to ask for a sweetener...so it is the 36 pick or Dot....they may take Burke too.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/20/2018  6:42 PM
Is there a way we can get the 4th pick and still keep the 9th pick
newyorknewyork
6/20/2018  6:43 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

They are going to ask for a sweetener...so it is the 36 pick or Dot....they may take Burke too.

They will def want Burke since he would fit the immediate help they want. But that's a tough one. They will need to give something back themselves for Burke

Hardaway jr and Burke and #9 for #4 and Parsons don't cut it for me.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/20/2018  6:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

They will def want Burke since he would fit the immediate help they want. But that's a tough one. They will need to give something back themselves for Burke

Hardaway jr and Burke and #9 for #4 and Parsons don't cut it for me.

That works. The Knicks would be getting a really good player there. Bamba would be awesome.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy