[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I guess this isn’t OT: Nate just spoke out about Brown.
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/20/2018  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2018  11:21 AM
Ouch. This looks bad on Larry Brown, if true.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/717015002
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/20/2018  11:30 AM
There was another article that printed a response from Brown....which IMO was pretty bad. Reminded me of a politicians excuse after getting caught red handed. Sounds like they guy was a complete jerk.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/20/2018  11:31 AM
Here it is:

Brown claimed ignorance of the alleged interactions.

“I don’t have any recollection,” he told Bleacher Report. “I don’t, I don’t know … I don’t know what I called him, to be honest with you. If I did that, shame on me. I would feel terrible about that. That’s not who I am, but I don’t want to dispute Nate.”

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Allanfan20
USA
6/20/2018  12:58 PM
Andrew wrote:Here it is:

“I don’t have any recollection,” he told Bleacher Report. “I don’t, I don’t know … I don’t know what I called him, to be honest with you. If I did that, shame on me. I would feel terrible about that. That’s not who I am, but I don’t want to dispute Nate.”

I saw that. This just makes him look guilty.

People often called him a teacher. Well this makes him a pretty piss poor teacher. I defended the guy when he was here, too.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2018  1:05 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:Here it is:

I saw that. This just makes him look guilty.

People often called him a teacher. Well this makes him a pretty piss poor teacher. I defended the guy when he was here, too.

its really too bad. Nate was a good kid who played hard. Yea he was a spazz. It was pretty obvious pretty early that for whatever reason Larry quit working about 3 weeks into that contract.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
6/20/2018  1:06 PM
if nate was coming around now the league would love him.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/20/2018  2:52 PM
It's very possible that Brown actually forgot what he said this. He was kind of nutz. During his time with the Pistons it was said he at some point tried to trade each player on the roster. He cried for Steve Francis and then wanted to trade him months later.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/20/2018  4:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:It's very possible that Brown actually forgot what he said this. He was kind of nutz. During his time with the Pistons it was said he at some point tried to trade each player on the roster. He cried for Steve Francis and then wanted to trade him months later.

Same with Jalen Rose--thing was we all knew at the time they weren't his kind of players, so I have to assume he was just doing it to get IT fired. That seemed to be his main focus for year 1. It could have been even worse, Larry tried to get us to trade for that blazers SF who had a huge contract and had micro fracture surgery in his knee (and never recovered) can't remember his name. Also wanted us to land Kenyon Martin who also had a whopping contract and couldn't really play.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/20/2018  8:39 PM
Maybe I'm dead emotionally but I could hardly give a ****. His coach called him him a "bad" name- so what? He's a man; suck that **** up and keep it moving. I'm sure fans have said much worse.

Besides, Nate doesn't strike me as the type of guy to allow any man to say something to him and not retaliate. Something about this story doesn't add up.

Allanfan20
USA
6/20/2018  8:56 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Maybe I'm dead emotionally but I could hardly give a ****. His coach called him him a "bad" name- so what? He's a man; suck that **** up and keep it moving. I'm sure fans have said much worse.

Besides, Nate doesn't strike me as the type of guy to allow any man to say something to him and not retaliate. Something about this story doesn't add up.

Has nothing to do with being a man. I remember there were reports of him having ADHD when he was a rookie. That goes hand in hand with depression.

At the end of the day, some people can handle it fine and some people can’t. Everyone has to be worked with differently. If Brown couldn’t do that with Nate and resorted to bullying tactics as a response, he deserved his eventual fate.

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
6/20/2018  8:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2018  9:00 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Maybe I'm dead emotionally but I could hardly give a ****. His coach called him him a "bad" name- so what? He's a man; suck that **** up and keep it moving. I'm sure fans have said much worse.

Gotta agree 100% here. I'm sure most of us have played ball in some organized fashion in our lives and coaches chew you out.

I live in White Plains, where many Knicks reside, and I cannot begin to tell you what a bad rep he had at a local gym here. He'd come in and start so much **** with all his boys that staff there would cringe when he'd come in. On the other hand, Jamal Crawford was basically the mayor and pretty sure he also played for Brown and now plays for Thibs so I'd be curious what his take is/was.

I take this article with a grain of salt because he always seemed to be an unbelievably athletic, chaotic, pain in the ass.

Just wanna note: Not a Larry Brown fan whatsoever.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/20/2018  9:26 PM
sealy wrote:

Gotta agree 100% here. I'm sure most of us have played ball in some organized fashion in our lives and coaches chew you out.

I live in White Plains, where many Knicks reside, and I cannot begin to tell you what a bad rep he had at a local gym here. He'd come in and start so much **** with all his boys that staff there would cringe when he'd come in. On the other hand, Jamal Crawford was basically the mayor and pretty sure he also played for Brown and now plays for Thibs so I'd be curious what his take is/was.

I take this article with a grain of salt because he always seemed to be an unbelievably athletic, chaotic, pain in the ass.

Just wanna note: Not a Larry Brown fan whatsoever.

wtf. depression is a real thing!
calling him "the little ****" is ok once or twice, but to do it repeatedly in practice AND to tell the entire team that he came into his office crying... what a fukkin ahole. i hope we never hire a coach like that again.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
USA
6/20/2018  9:44 PM
I will say this: While this is a bad job by Brown and while I was and am a Nate fan, he acted like a freaking moron and a half a good portion of the times with his untimely bad mistakes and celebrations. I fully supported D’Antini benching him when he did. He must have driven all of his coaches nuts, on the basketball court and football field.

Still doesn’t excuse Brown.

doomed
Member: #1078
USA
6/20/2018  11:03 PM
Brown might be my least favorite individual to “grace” the NY Knicks landscape during my lifetime. He stole money here. He was an unprofessional disaster. And that’s being kind and not even delving into the product he presided over.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/21/2018  2:28 AM

He was at work and is entitled to the same protections as anyone else at work. Ridiculing, abusing and belittling people at work causes real damage (I work in mental health). It would be great if everyone could not let it get to them and just could suck it up, but unfortunately that's not the case and so we all deserve protection from that kind of stuff--its straightforward bullying.

I guess this isn’t OT: Nate just spoke out about Brown.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy