[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Well no ending thesis to this draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2018  9:43 AM
There is no player to be really scared of at 9. The draft is really really deep in rd 1 and into the top of 2. If anyone remembers the Nets back in 2001 traded pick 7 for 3 picks---I mightve liked to do that this year-but I just dont see the availability of that.

So we wait and hope we get two good players. Im all for the Knicks(if they are really rebuilding) to see if they can find another late 1 or early 2.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/18/2018  9:53 AM
Id love to get another pick and id be open to moving down BUT not at the expense of frank which you were talking about a few days ago. At 9 we are gonna get a good player and im convinced someone will fall that many arent expecting. At 36 you can also get a quality player
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2018  9:58 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Id love to get another pick and id be open to moving down BUT not at the expense of frank which you were talking about a few days ago. At 9 we are gonna get a good player and im convinced someone will fall that many arent expecting. At 36 you can also get a quality player

The only player Id use Frank and 9 to move up to is Bagley at 2. Id do that.

RIP Crushalot😞
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/18/2018  10:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:There is no player to be really scared of at 9. The draft is really really deep in rd 1 and into the top of 2. If anyone remembers the Nets back in 2001 traded pick 7 for 3 picks---I mightve liked to do that this year-but I just dont see the availability of that.

So we wait and hope we get two good players. Im all for the Knicks(if they are really rebuilding) to see if they can find another late 1 or early 2.

No one to be scared of but alot of preference style picks. I liked Mikal for a while but sone voice in me keeps saying Sexton is going to be the "Donovan Mitchell" player this year, even playing on NY. Coupling that feeling with the fact that i personally think Frank is going to settle in as more of a SF in the NBA, ibdont think its prudent to pick another SF. My current preference list is probably

Sexton
Porter-ONLY nefative is health. He can slide over play the 4 with Porzingis at the 5. Dont think
Mikal can do that.
Mikal-If you think he or Frank can play the 2, and you feel confident in the fact that Perry's plan
includes Kyrie next off season.

~You can't run from who you are.~
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/18/2018  10:26 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Id love to get another pick and id be open to moving down BUT not at the expense of frank which you were talking about a few days ago. At 9 we are gonna get a good player and im convinced someone will fall that many arent expecting. At 36 you can also get a quality player

lol another scorer who plays **** defense. Did you hate being a Knick fan in the 90s or what?

Briggs there are a ton of good NBA players in this draft. A few of them will be all stars. The things that separate Donovan Mitchell from Malik Monk are very small and very hard to quantify in the early stages.

Thing that jumps out at me about this draft is its loaded with athletes. There are a lot of really elite level athletic guys to choose from. There are going to be a couple guys who become real studs taken later in the first round and a lot of guys in the lottery who will be just good NBA players. Hopefully the Knicks can grab Carter or Mikal Bridges who have the lowest ceilings of everyone after them. You know you are getting a good NBA players, or as close to sure things that gets. Both have tremendous upside. Tons of wildcards out there as well including Knox, Miles Bridges, Sexton, Walker, ZSmith and Robert Williams are some guys who have some crazy physical attributes.

I think its wild draft. You have a few guys who could go anywhere from 3-12.. Doncic isnt working out and can pressure teams by staying in EU and playing for Real Madrid. Trea Young could go high or teams could pass. Porter?

Cant wait. I like our chance to get a very good player at 9

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

6/18/2018  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2018  10:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Didnt you say in multiple threads that you would trade frank AND 36 for a late first to pick Huerter. Hopefully you realized that proposal was beyond crazy and you want to forget you ever mentioned it which i get
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2018  11:45 AM
Briggs annual gig. Watch finals, replicate roster with sleepers from watching dozens of YouTube then impulsively rain man into frenzy we should trade down. Naturally “it’s better than what we been doing” so it must be good. There is a time and place for this when high conviction rate on some players. Maybe Briggs is right. Maybe he is throwing spaghetti on the wall and see who sticks. Maybe I’m being a dick.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/18/2018  11:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Why Bagley? He can't shoot or defend. Literally the worst pairing with KP out there. Will clog space and KP will be relied on for chasing around everyone while we attempt to hide Bagley on defense. Seriously, do you only like 1-way players?

StarksEwing1

6/18/2018  11:55 AM
Nalod wrote:Briggs annual gig. Watch finals, replicate roster with sleepers from watching dozens of YouTube then impulsively rain man into frenzy we should trade down. Naturally “it's better than what we been doing” so it must be good. There is a time and place for this when high conviction rate on some players. Maybe Briggs is right. Maybe he is throwing spaghetti on the wall and see who sticks. Maybe I'm being a dick.
i like Briggs he makes me laugh with these proposals. However i agree its kinda frustrating that many just want offensive players and dont pay attention to defense
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/18/2018  12:09 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Why Bagley? He can't shoot or defend. Literally the worst pairing with KP out there. Will clog space and KP will be relied on for chasing around everyone while we attempt to hide Bagley on defense. Seriously, do you only like 1-way players?

For some reason BRIGGS no longer seems to value defense at all when scouting players, which I think is throwing off his predictions these past few years.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/18/2018  12:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

lol another scorer who plays **** defense. Did you hate being a Knick fan in the 90s or what?

Briggs there are a ton of good NBA players in this draft. A few of them will be all stars. The things that separate Donovan Mitchell from Malik Monk are very small and very hard to quantify in the early stages.

Thing that jumps out at me about this draft is its loaded with athletes. There are a lot of really elite level athletic guys to choose from. There are going to be a couple guys who become real studs taken later in the first round and a lot of guys in the lottery who will be just good NBA players. Hopefully the Knicks can grab Carter or Mikal Bridges who have the lowest ceilings of everyone after them. You know you are getting a good NBA players, or as close to sure things that gets. Both have tremendous upside. Tons of wildcards out there as well including Knox, Miles Bridges, Sexton, Walker, ZSmith and Robert Williams are some guys who have some crazy physical attributes.

I think its wild draft. You have a few guys who could go anywhere from 3-12.. Doncic isnt working out and can pressure teams by staying in EU and playing for Real Madrid. Trea Young could go high or teams could pass. Porter?

Cant wait. I like our chance to get a very good player at 9

Yeah..I see this as a draft where we can get a quality player at #9. Just have to trust our scouts and brass, but there seems to be some depth this year...

...Then again, this has been said before...The KP draft was supposed to be pretty deep, yet you see a lot of weakness in the top 10...with 5-10 being a pedestrian group of players, at best, so far, and OK4 being a disappointment, too. If Russell hadn't redeemed himself a bit, you could've made a case that only 2/10- Towns and KP, were quality players, and that Turner, Booker, and Rozier, should have been top 10 selections.

Hard to figure, sometimes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/18/2018  12:37 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Me...I see Carter as the better choice of the 2 Duke bigs...

...Just saying.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/18/2018  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2018  12:55 PM
I am hoping that either Carter or Porter fall to us, which based on a lot of what's been written seems possible
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/18/2018  2:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

...Just saying.

I am forever skittish about Duke bigs, and to some degree Duke in general

I'd like to trust our FO in this draft, but still don't know the team's identity or who they're eye for talent is supposed to be.

Compounding the issue, I liked the KP and Frank drafts and if I understand anything about the team's direction now they would have not drafted those guys --- prioritizing athleticism etc

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/18/2018  2:32 PM
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

...Just saying.

I am forever skittish about Duke bigs, and to some degree Duke in general

I'd like to trust our FO in this draft, but still don't know the team's identity or who they're eye for talent is supposed to be.

Compounding the issue, I liked the KP and Frank drafts and if I understand anything about the team's direction now they would have not drafted those guys --- prioritizing athleticism etc

Maybe not, but very thankful KP was the pick. He still has a chance to be a game-changer. The ultimate stretch 5 who fits today's game perfectly. a 7'3 smallball center.

As far as Duke players, i am always hesitant in the lottery as well, but i do believe Carter will be very good. He is just a low-risk player who can do enough of everything to make him a nice long-term starter and i think he will do fine in today's small ball era.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/18/2018  3:43 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

...Just saying.

Yeah, I can see that. I think Bagley has more talent, but there's some uncertainty as to where he fits in. I can already picture where to plug Carter in next year. Carter also has more court awareness.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Ira
Member: #91
6/18/2018  4:43 PM
We're going to learn a lot about Scott Perry on Thursday and as free agency begins. I didn't like the McDermott/Mudiay deal because of the extra year on Mudiay's contract, but these next few weeks will be the real test.
StarksEwing1

6/18/2018  4:58 PM
Ira wrote:We're going to learn a lot about Scott Perry on Thursday and as free agency begins. I didn't like the McDermott/Mudiay deal because of the extra year on Mudiay's contract, but these next few weeks will be the real test.
i wouldnt worry about free agency this year since we dont have cap space anyway. Next year will be the big test since irving and leonard will probably be FA
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/18/2018  5:28 PM
I think NY should trade up to get Bamba or Doncic. 2 players that wont be there at 9 and both have the ability to transform the team.

Doncic would give NY a Point Forward and allow the guards to be free flowing players.

Bamba would work really well with KP. 2 Rim protectors on Defense allowing NY to pay more attention to the 3 point line defense.

reub
Member: #6227

6/18/2018  6:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:There is no player to be really scared of at 9. The draft is really really deep in rd 1 and into the top of 2. If anyone remembers the Nets back in 2001 traded pick 7 for 3 picks---I mightve liked to do that this year-but I just dont see the availability of that.

The only opportunity that I can see to trade down for extra picks would be if Young is gone and someone (the Clippers?) really wants a PG like Sexton. Would they trade 12 and 13 for Sexton, IDK?
Well no ending thesis to this draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy