[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

trading down: Robert Williams has some Ben Wallace in him
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/13/2018  12:36 PM
He's a real horse. Explosive powerful dude with a mind boggling 7'5 wingspan. Big enough to bang on the NBA grinders and quick enough to come out and guard.

He's raw but has some NBA physical gifts. 9 is too high? Probably but after Carter its very slim pickings on bigs

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/13/2018  1:19 PM
He wasnt even the best big man on his own team. Id rather have Tyler Davis by buying a pick in the 50s than wasting a lottery pick on a player that does not have the skills that represent winning in the NBA today.

You want someone who can shoot it and make plays with the dribble(pass hoot drive)

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/13/2018  1:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:He wasnt even the best big man on his own team. Id rather have Tyler Davis by buying a pick in the 50s than wasting a lottery pick on a player that does not have the skills that represent winning in the NBA today.

You want someone who can shoot it and make plays with the dribble(pass hoot drive)

thats what you want (today). I want someone who can defend 3-4 positions at a high level and can defend inside and outside. "Today's NBA" will be different by the time Kevin Huerter is getting playing time
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/13/2018  2:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:He wasnt even the best big man on his own team. Id rather have Tyler Davis by buying a pick in the 50s than wasting a lottery pick on a player that does not have the skills that represent winning in the NBA today.

thats what you want (today). I want someone who can defend 3-4 positions at a high level and can defend inside and outside. "Today's NBA" will be different by the time Kevin Huerter is getting playing time

Yeah I see how effective it is to guard guys like curry Lebron hArden etc.. and I'm sure Robert Williams is just they guy!

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/13/2018  2:08 PM
If we go with a big man, it needs to be a skilled big man.
fishmike
USA
6/13/2018  2:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yeah I see how effective it is to guard guys like curry Lebron hArden etc.. and I'm sure Robert Williams is just they guy!

Hey.. your last statement makes more sense than the 80 Kaminsky threads you made, so I will give you that. Believe it or not defense and rebounding are still important aspects.

Also the roster is guard heavy, so it makes sense to look at bigs and possible long term fits next to KP (the guy you said Willy Hernangomez was better than)

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/13/2018  2:23 PM
im not opposed to trading down but I would want a lot back. I feel even at 9 you are gona get real good impact player and im also figuring a couple are gonna fall like previous drafts
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/13/2018  4:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/13/2018  4:16 PM
He has crossed my mind over the last week. I have seen him hit face up jumpers with decent form. If he was able to extend that out the 3 while also offering strong swtich defense, rim protection, rebounding, and highlight reel finishes. He would be an ideal big man for us or any team. Main thing is really breaking down if he has a workable jumper that can be extended to 3pt range.

His FT shooting got worse which is a red flag. But again comes down to if he has a jumper & ft shot that can be serviceable. If he has those things then he can be a monster for a team in a few yrs as an ideal modern big man.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/13/2018  4:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Hey.. your last statement makes more sense than the 80 Kaminsky threads you made, so I will give you that. Believe it or not defense and rebounding are still important aspects.

Also the roster is guard heavy, so it makes sense to look at bigs and possible long term fits next to KP (the guy you said Willy Hernangomez was better than)

Briggs has always favored offensive skills while ignoring defense. Hence why Ok4 & Kaminski were the next Tim Duncan's.

BUT he also isn't wrong in the aspect of defensive finishers are dime a dozen type of players. The main reason to have interest in Williams is if he can add a 3pt shot to go with his switch ability. But a dude like Jarred Vanderbilt may be available in the 2nd round who can grow into a similar prospect. But offer more guard skills. While hoping to develop the same 3pt stroke.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
trading down: Robert Williams has some Ben Wallace in him

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy