[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Teams drafting before us fishing for Knicks to move up for Porter?
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

6/12/2018  4:00 PM
Why would they be coming to us? Have we expressed some kind of special interest in Porter? Does this mean we've seen a phyical for him indicating that he's healthy?

Hope we don't seem too anxious, but if the rumor is right, it would seem that we've already expressed an interest.

What would it take to make a jump? Would #9 and #36 get us anywhere, or do we have to throw in a player?

Would folks try to move up for him?

Have to get a physical done on him or I don't even think of trying to get him...even at #9.

ter Jr.
by Maxwell Ogden1 hour agoFollow @MaxwellOgden

Rival executives have reportedly reached out to the New York Knicks to gauge their interest in trading up for Michael Porter Jr. at the 2018 NBA Draft.

The New York Knicks are one of many teams that have expressed interest in Michael Porter Jr. of the Missouri Tigers. New York scouted Porter at his Pro Day, and will work him out a second time when Steve Mills and Scott Perry travel to see him in Chicago.

With word of the Knicks’ interest spreading around the NBA, rival teams are exploring the possibility of a trade.

New York is currently in possession of the No. 9 overall selection in the 2018 NBA Draft. Porter isn’t expected to fall that far come draft day, which has led to the teams ahead of it exploring the possibility of a trade.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, some of the eight teams picking ahead of the Knicks have reached out to see if they’d be interested in trading up for Porter.

Some teams with picks ahead of the Knicks have reached out to members of the organization to gauge their interest on trading up to draft Michael Porter Jr., league sources say.

If the Knicks truly believe that Porter can be a franchise-altering player, then it may be worth considering a trade up the board.

Porter, 19, measured at just under 6’11” and 211 pounds with a 7’0.25″ wingspan and a 9.05″ standing reach. Those are elite measurements for both forward positions, which is one of the primary reasons he’s garnering significant attention.

Porter can play and defend every position from 3 to 5, and that doesn’t even begin to take his unique skill set into account

Porter’s freshman season was marred by a back injury, but even when he was far from 100 percent, he looked the part of an elite rebounder.

Offensively, Porter has a tight handle and the ability to both stretch the floor as a shooter and finish in traffic with power or finesse as a slasher. He has above-average court vision for a forward and can operate both with and without the ball.

Porter was the No. 1 recruit in the country coming out of high school, and the Knicks seem to believe that he can validate the previous No. 1 overall selection hype.

The question is: Will the New York Knicks be willing to trade up in order to select Michael Porter Jr. at the 2018 NBA Draft?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/12/2018  4:23 PM
Porter scares me. Back injuries don't usually age well in basketball. I was wondering if it would be worth moving the 36th pick to go to 8 if Wendell Carter is there. I think he is a 10-12 year pro starting most of those years. Also, teams are used to the Knicks being bad decision makers that can be taken advantage of. There maybe some of that thinking going on.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/12/2018  4:24 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Why would they be coming to us? Have we expressed some kind of special interest in Porter? Does this mean we've seen a phyical for him indicating that he's healthy?

Hope we don't seem too anxious, but if the rumor is right, it would seem that we've already expressed an interest.

What would it take to make a jump? Would #9 and #36 get us anywhere, or do we have to throw in a player?

Have to get a physical done on him or I don't even think of trying to get him...even at #9.

ter Jr.

Rival executives have reportedly reached out to the New York Knicks to gauge their interest in trading up for Michael Porter Jr. at the 2018 NBA Draft.

The New York Knicks are one of many teams that have expressed interest in Michael Porter Jr. of the Missouri Tigers. New York scouted Porter at his Pro Day, and will work him out a second time when Steve Mills and Scott Perry travel to see him in Chicago.

With word of the Knicks’ interest spreading around the NBA, rival teams are exploring the possibility of a trade.

New York is currently in possession of the No. 9 overall selection in the 2018 NBA Draft. Porter isn’t expected to fall that far come draft day, which has led to the teams ahead of it exploring the possibility of a trade.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, some of the eight teams picking ahead of the Knicks have reached out to see if they’d be interested in trading up for Porter.

Some teams with picks ahead of the Knicks have reached out to members of the organization to gauge their interest on trading up to draft Michael Porter Jr., league sources say.

If the Knicks truly believe that Porter can be a franchise-altering player, then it may be worth considering a trade up the board.

Porter, 19, measured at just under 6’11” and 211 pounds with a 7’0.25″ wingspan and a 9.05″ standing reach. Those are elite measurements for both forward positions, which is one of the primary reasons he’s garnering significant attention.

Porter can play and defend every position from 3 to 5, and that doesn’t even begin to take his unique skill set into account

Porter’s freshman season was marred by a back injury, but even when he was far from 100 percent, he looked the part of an elite rebounder.

Offensively, Porter has a tight handle and the ability to both stretch the floor as a shooter and finish in traffic with power or finesse as a slasher. He has above-average court vision for a forward and can operate both with and without the ball.

Porter was the No. 1 recruit in the country coming out of high school, and the Knicks seem to believe that he can validate the previous No. 1 overall selection hype.

The question is: Will the New York Knicks be willing to trade up in order to select Michael Porter Jr. at the 2018 NBA Draft?

I don’t quite understand the article either, which makes me think it’s a story put out there by his camp to get some hype for him.

We don’t have anything other teams would want anyways

CrushAlot
USA
6/12/2018  4:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Why would they be coming to us? Have we expressed some kind of special interest in Porter? Does this mean we've seen a phyical for him indicating that he's healthy?

ter Jr.

I don’t quite understand the article either, which makes me think it’s a story put out there by his camp to get some hype for him.

Message on my phone from Bleacher Report about this. Ogden does write an entire article about anything Begley tweets though.
CrushAlot
USA
6/12/2018  4:40 PM
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/12/2018  4:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD SERIES OF POKER...**AHEM***...I MEAN THE 2018 NBA DRAFT!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/12/2018  4:56 PM

ter Jr.

Same reason there are rumors of us trying to trade down for picks 12 @ 13. Teams probably feel there's a small difference between toers 2 @ 3 in this draft. They're just trying to maximize their assets.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire

6/12/2018  4:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah...so nice to see teams picking earlier than us wanting to spread the wealth.

Pedigree my arse...they're afraid to take him, but moving down #9 and getting a player that we might get if Porter is picked 1-8 and something else from us is fine.

I thought about the Knicks flipping Porter for LA's 12 & 13, if he was available at 9, but now I figure teams will be afraid to take him if he passes the Bulls at 7, since they seem to have his physical.

Too suspicious for me...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/12/2018  5:11 PM
we have nothing to offer to move up to the top. I doubt #9 and #36 are even close to good enough

similarly, the Mavs took DSJ with a thick injury file. He's not going to slip past them

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/12/2018  5:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

ter Jr.

Same reason there are rumors of us trying to trade down for picks 12 @ 13. Teams probably feel there's a small difference between toers 2 @ 3 in this draft. They're just trying to maximize their assets.

If we can get 12 and 13, I think it'd be a coup. With Sixers' looking to offload salary, I think we can flip either pick to get their 10th pick for taking on some salary. Jerry Bayless and the 10th pick for Ron Baker, $4.5 million in cap flexibility and eithrr 12 or 13 makes sense to me.

WaltLongmire

6/12/2018  5:33 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:we have nothing to offer to move up to the top. I doubt #9 and #36 are even close to good enough

similarly, the Mavs took DSJ with a thick injury file. He's not going to slip past them

Herniated discs... two of them, I think...Not a good injury for an athlete playing a sport with a lot of jumping, twisting, and pounding on wood floors. Pretty sure its a degenerative type injury...Maybe Chicago doesn't want to risk it, unless the physical they have shows he's 100% healed.

Even if healed, that kind of injury for a young kid is not promising.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/12/2018  5:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ter Jr.

Message on my phone from Bleacher Report about this. Ogden does write an entire article about anything Begley tweets though.

...among other writers, without adding anything new.

fwk00
Member: #6048

6/12/2018  7:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:we have nothing to offer to move up to the top. I doubt #9 and #36 are even close to good enough

Herniated discs... two of them, I think...Not a good injury for an athlete playing a sport with a lot of jumping, twisting, and pounding on wood floors. Pretty sure its a degenerative type injury...Maybe Chicago doesn't want to risk it, unless the physical they have shows he's 100% healed.

Even if healed, that kind of injury for a young kid is not promising.

Spot on. It would be bat**** crazy to trade *up* to draft Porter. After Rice, Stoudamire, Camby, KP, and a trainfull of injured - not functional players drafting Porter would just sink the Knicks for another decade.

ESPN is so full of **** when it comes to the Knicks.

Porter may drop through to 36 if so, draft him there.

Stevo718
Member: #559
6/12/2018  10:02 PM
I think Mikal ends up being a better player than Porter Jr. I think Porter is gonna be a bust I am super high on Mikal I think he ends up being a top 3 player in this draft. I don’t think we have seen Milan’s ceiling yet. I think Porter is just length. If he was 6’5” where would he draft?
reub
Member: #6227

6/12/2018  10:41 PM
Stevo718 wrote:I think Mikal ends up being a better player than Porter Jr. I think Porter is gonna be a bust I am super high on Mikal I think he ends up being a top 3 player in this draft. I don’t think we have seen Milan’s ceiling yet. I think Porter is just length. If he was 6’5” where would he draft?

Knox looks good to me too. His shot is pure and he has great size.
WaltLongmire

6/13/2018  2:42 AM
reub wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:I think Mikal ends up being a better player than Porter Jr. I think Porter is gonna be a bust I am super high on Mikal I think he ends up being a top 3 player in this draft. I don’t think we have seen Milan’s ceiling yet. I think Porter is just length. If he was 6’5” where would he draft?

Knox looks good to me too. His shot is pure and he has great size.

Like last year at #8, we will have a lot to choose from at #9 this year.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/13/2018  4:26 AM
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/13/2018  5:24 AM

We have Frank, KP, and future picks. Im sure teams would love to get the Knicks 2019 unprotected pick. Teams are trying to Ainge the Knicks to jumpstart their rebuild

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/13/2018  6:38 AM
Trading next years unprotected pick just to move up a little would be a disaster. Especially considering that we can have the number one pick! Scott Perry is not stupid enough to do that, especially considering this draft in particular seems to really be a crap shoot. Anyone can be a bust.

Don’t move a muscle. If you want to trade the 9 and 36 to move up to 6 or 7 to get Mikal then fine. Otherwise, don’t get stupid here.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/13/2018  9:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Porter scares me. Back injuries don't usually age well in basketball. I was wondering if it would be worth moving the 36th pick to go to 8 if Wendell Carter is there. I think he is a 10-12 year pro starting most of those years. Also, teams are used to the Knicks being bad decision makers that can be taken advantage of. There maybe some of that thinking going on.

Back injury scares me too. Larry Johnson -- changed his game completely (not for the better); Larry Bird had perpetual issues

There's a risk reward issue here to consider though. If we can get get the best doctors to vet the situation I would feel better

Perhaps our nine and a serviceable/contributing player (e.g., Lee, THJ) for dead money (soon) expiring contract

the situation would parallel Sam Darnold in some ways -- getting a guy in the draft who at the beginning of the college year was forecast as a #1 pick

Personally, whether it's porter or another, if we pick a wing he has to be able to dribble, create (it doesn't even need to be flashy -- just effective). Sure I want a good/great shooter but the ability to move with the ball in your hands speaks to the persons coordination and feel IMO

(5)(5)
Teams drafting before us fishing for Knicks to move up for Porter?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy