[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

San Antonio Game
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2002  2:37 PM
wow, the big men/bench fouls seemed to have killed the knicks (with the notable exception of Camby).

Kurt Thomas - 6 fouls in 24 minutes
Knight - 4 fouls in 12 minutes
Harrington - 5 fouls in 12 minutes
Anderson - 4 fouls in 15 minutes

SA - 20-28 FTs
NY - 11-12 FTs

Free throw points were the difference in the game. I only saw the end of the game, but it seems to me that the Knicks have all got the Kurt Thomas syndrome. And what was Kurt doing after he got his 6th foul, with the Knicks within ~6 points? He obviously fouled Duncan and he still has the audacity to bark at the officials.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/8/2002  2:56 PM
Crazy eyes is a nutter allright, we should have traded him this offseason as he did allright during our brief playoff stint, I never expected him to perform better but to actually get worse is quite unbelievable.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/8/2002  5:34 PM
The one positive sign in this game was Marcus Camby who outplayed Robinson and Duncan even though the Knicks lost. Camby has been unreal and should be the only untradeable player on the team. It might be time to trade Sprewell, but only for the right player. Rasheed Wallace would be that player. Sprewell and Thomas for Wallace makes prefect sense. I love Spree, but with that deal, we could get back to the top of the east.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/8/2002  6:31 PM
Even if we don't get back to the top four we have the potential to do so. You know the drill, new teammates needing to gel etc etc. But once again I agree, the point of getting rasheed is to get the combination Rasheed and Camby going at it inside and occasionally tossing the ball out when doubled to AH for the three. Something like that anyways..

It would be a tweak getting us back into a sturtural sound roster and we'd get Rasheed, sounds to good to be true don't it?

We might pull it off since the wizz salaries aren't that high. Or they should make a 5 player swap or something like that and I don't see that happening.
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
1/9/2002  8:44 AM
Do the Knicks need Rasheed and all the problems he would bring? Remember that NYC is the toughest place in the world to play professional sports. There is no forgiveness in the fans if you don't produce, and I think that Rasheed would wilt in the heat. Then you would have even more problems... PLUS a big salary..and a long contract.

Build from the ground up... Bag this year, and get some players who would grow in the environment. Take a chance on Omar for little money and a short contract. Get rid of Krazy-eyes Thomas, shed either Sprewell or Houston, move Jackson to back-up point with the responsibility to teach your other guards how to paly and act in NYC. Get a good coach.. Sorry Mr Chaney, you have not been able to inspire this team or to push them into your mold.

Trade talk this year is not going very far.. Most teams have settled in and aren't looking for anything the Knicks have to offer, and have very little to offer the Knicks.

The Old Man of UK...
San Antonio Game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy