[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What About Knox?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/18/2018  5:52 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Something abuot Knox scares me. It is probably not fair but he reminds me of Melo. A bit aloof and a low BBall IQ. I also think he is a few years away.

I have come around on Knox. I like our current development support will be able to help Knox reach his full potential. He’s got natural advantages but the kid needs good coaching and training. He’s young and nowhere close to his potential yet.

AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

6/18/2018  6:09 PM
nixluva wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Something abuot Knox scares me. It is probably not fair but he reminds me of Melo. A bit aloof and a low BBall IQ. I also think he is a few years away.

I have come around on Knox. I like our current development support will be able to help Knox reach his full potential. He’s got natural advantages but the kid needs good coaching and training. He’s young and nowhere close to his potential yet.

Who have they developed so far?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/18/2018  8:17 PM
Givony on Lowe's pod said he thinks the Knicks pick Knox or Sexton.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/18/2018  8:30 PM
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:

We need to draft him, trade him to Atlanta and let them develop him, then reacquire him.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
reub
Member: #6227

6/18/2018  8:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Givony on Lowe's pod said he thinks the Knicks pick Knox or Sexton.

Sexton has the heart of a gladiator. I wouldn't mind that.

KnixinSix
Member: #5626

6/18/2018  8:52 PM
Sexton and Lonnie Walker are on the short list it seems too
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/19/2018  12:37 AM
KnixinSix wrote:Sexton and Lonnie Walker are on the short list it seems too

We've got seven guards on the roster. The immediate need is talent at the small forward spot. Tim is getting KILLED playing D? there. Time to pick a 3 and develop that spot. My preference is the younger, taller Knox. Let him grow with the team. That's supposed to be a Fizdale strength.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/19/2018  8:52 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:

We need to draft him, trade him to Atlanta and let them develop him, then reacquire him.

develop is a strong word

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2018  9:39 AM
I think it will be Porter if he drops or Knox

I get the sense that Mikal is going to Chicago and the Knicks are leaking stuff to media to make it sound like they really like these two other options

(5)(5)
TPercy
Member: #5748

6/19/2018  3:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:What about Lonnie Walker fellas? The boy is a shooter; explosive first step that makes him amazing at attacking closeouts, and has immense defensive potential. I think he could be one of The best players in the draft like Mitchell last year.

I liked him a lot until someone compared him to Shumpert! I liked Shumpert pre-ACL tear but not as the number 9 pick. If we land a second first round pick then I’d be happy to draft him

I’m not even going to hold you bro,the moment you mentioned Shumpert, I lost all hype for him. I can’t stand Shump one bit so id hate for Lonnie to be like that. At this rate I’m down with either Knox or Mikal. Im not sold on Sexton

The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/19/2018  9:15 PM
From Berman..

In Knox’s first comments about the Knicks, he confirmed he got loads of positive feedback from the coaches after going against lottery candidate, Miles Bridges, and others at the team’s practice facility. One source familiar with the workout said the 6-foot-9 Knox “kicked [Bridges] around.’’

But Knox is taking no chances, and visited the 76ers’ new training headquarters Tuesday for a second get-together with the team. The Sixers, who have the No. 10 pick, could seek to trade up a notch for the 18-year-old and offer the Knicks a piece of their slew of draft picks (they have six 2018 picks — Nos. 10, 26 and four in the second round.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

6/19/2018  10:11 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Don't know much about Knox but if his motor is questionable - I'd pass. Yes, some players develop more of a drive as they get to the pros, but I'd rather gamble on someone's physical question marks then they're head or their motor/effort level. Maybe if Knox ends up with the Spurs or a really solid organization/coach he could blossom, but don't think we're that organization now/yet. Until we've changed our culture we need self-driven players that can withstand the media and NY expectations...

Knox is getting buzz because teams with Tier 3 picks are trying to convince there is a larger market for Knox to teams with Tier 2 picks, so more players they want will drop to them.

Knox is getting too much buzz recently all across the board. If teams liked him as much as reported, they wouldn't be buzzing this much about him in the press.

You aren't hearing much about Gilgeous-Alexander, because lots of teams actually want him.

If Mikal Bridges is at 9, you take him. If he's not, you take SGA.

nyk2017
Member: #7538

6/19/2018  11:21 PM
I recall there was a lot of buzz around Donavan Mitchell last year as well.
TPercy

6/20/2018  4:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:From Berman..

In Knox’s first comments about the Knicks, he confirmed he got loads of positive feedback from the coaches after going against lottery candidate, Miles Bridges, and others at the team’s practice facility. One source familiar with the workout said the 6-foot-9 Knox “kicked [Bridges] around.’’

But Knox is taking no chances, and visited the 76ers’ new training headquarters Tuesday for a second get-together with the team. The Sixers, who have the No. 10 pick, could seek to trade up a notch for the 18-year-old and offer the Knicks a piece of their slew of draft picks (they have six 2018 picks — Nos. 10, 26 and four in the second round.

Which Bridges are they talking about? Also I would swap our 2nd rounder with their first to move down and throw them back a fringe player.
The Future is Bright!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2018  8:29 AM
TPercy wrote:

Which Bridges are they talking about? Also I would swap our 2nd rounder with their first to move down and throw them back a fringe player.
Miles... Knox worked out against him with the Knicks
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/20/2018  8:52 AM
wow knox has really flown up the board. everyday there's a new guy to panic about missing out on!
TPercy

6/20/2018  8:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Miles... Knox worked out against him with the Knicks

Ah. Would’ve realized that if I read the first paragraph more thoroughly. Nevertheless that’s pretty impressive; though, I would have been a lot more impressed if it was Mikal he was doing that too.

The Future is Bright!
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/20/2018  10:33 AM
Marv wrote:wow knox has really flown up the board. everyday there's a new guy to panic about missing out on!

Teams do that to steer other teams away from who they really want. If knox is that good, why would the knicks brass rave publicly about his work out?

I remember when allan Houston and MDA went publicly about curry's workout and I how he was the best shooter they ever seen, it's no wonder they missed out on him by one pick

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/20/2018  11:29 AM
Draftnet has Bamba falling and us taking Porter. I think in that scenario the cavs would take Porter (rather than Bamba). If that went down, who would you take Bamba or Knox?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/20/2018  11:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:Draftnet has Bamba falling and us taking Porter. I think in that scenario the cavs would take Porter (rather than Bamba). If that went down, who would you take Bamba or Knox?

Bamba, easily

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
What About Knox?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy