[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and pick 36-- how high in the draft can we get?
Author Thread
LegendD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8653
Latvia
6/12/2018  3:55 PM
Only a person who does not have an IQ is consider to trade Frank, sorry but it is true. No one who thinks normally would not consider that possibility to trade the future monster Frank. It would be like trading away 19yo Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jason Kidd remix.
AUTOADVERT
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
6/12/2018  3:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Is Frank a better prospect than Shai Alexander?

Frank would not go top 13 in this draft.

You want pick 15 or Frank? I'm thinking in this draft you stay in

I do not trade Frank even for #1 pick.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/12/2018  5:42 PM

We've all looked at the prospects that could be fringe top ten guys in this year's draft like Collin Sexton, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Lonnie Walker, Zhaire Smith, Kevin Knox, Miles Bridges and possibly even Robert Williams. But are those prospects significantly better than Frank Ntilikina?

I'd say no. He didn't come into the league polished but he came with elite measurements for his position (6ft 5", 7ft+ wingspan), excellent speed, decent athleticism, and high end defensive potential. He is big enough and quick enough to defend multiple positions, and is equally as skilled on the ball as off the ball. Also as a pro he shot over 40% from 3 point range in his final season and he is a high character player.

This year's class comes with question marks: Sexton needs to improve as a shooter and passer if he's going to make it at the next level; Shai Gilgeous-Alexander measures well but needs to polish his all round game; Miles Bridges is very athletic but has underwhelming measurements and is a tweener; Zhaire Smith is very athletic but also raw and perhaps undersized for his best position at SF; Lonnie Walker is an excellent athlete and has a decent skill set but he didn't set college ball alight consistently; Robert Williams is a solid center prospect but will likely top out at a DeAndre Jordan; and Kevin Knox comes with a questionable motor despite measuring well and having what teams look for in a forward prospect. Do these prospects have upside? Sure. Are they appealing selections if we traded back to 12 and 13 with the Clippers? Of course. But they all come with their question marks and have things to work on if they are going to make it at the next level, just like Frank. At the end of the day Frank's draft profile matches up with any of these prospects and while that could see him fall to the late teens, he certainly would fall no further than that, but that in itself is no reason to trade him for a pick this year.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/12/2018  6:33 PM
Bruges has gotten stuck with the tweener label by most. But that is usually given to players that can't guard any position. Bridges can guard either position. And he can shoot the 3.

If he is able to guard 3s, shoot the 3, and physically matchup with 3s. Why wouldn't he be able to play the 3 successfully in the NBA? He improved his ast/to ratio when he moved to the 3 this past season.

Him being able to guard guards off of switches with quick should abolish all that imo.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/12/2018  7:00 PM

I have heard a few analysts say that Frank is the better prospect. Also, some concern that Shay will have MCW's body type.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/12/2018  7:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Bruges has gotten stuck with the tweener label by most. But that is usually given to players that can't guard any position. Bridges can guard either position. And he can shoot the 3.

If he is able to guard 3s, shoot the 3, and physically matchup with 3s. Why wouldn't he be able to play the 3 successfully in the NBA? He improved his ast/to ratio when he moved to the 3 this past season.

Him being able to guard guards off of switches with quick should abolish all that imo.

He also is a good rebounder. I think he would be a solid pick at 9. I think Mikal is a solid pick but doesn't have the upside. Trae and Wendel would be my first choices then Miles.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/12/2018  7:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Bruges has gotten stuck with the tweener label by most. But that is usually given to players that can't guard any position. Bridges can guard either position. And he can shoot the 3.

He also is a good rebounder. I think he would be a solid pick at 9. I think Mikal is a solid pick but doesn't have the upside. Trae and Wendel would be my first choices then Miles.

Because he has a high motor. High motor, quick feet, and explosive leader make up for his wingspan which is still 6'9.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/12/2018  8:29 PM
KP and Noah should get you a high second-rounder.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/13/2018  12:15 AM
LegendD wrote:Only a person who does not have an IQ is consider to trade Frank, sorry but it is true. No one who thinks normally would not consider that possibility to trade the future monster Frank. It would be like trading away 19yo Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jason Kidd remix.

So basically you think Frank wil be a highly dominant NBA player?
Wowza. Well we can hope I guess but I've never seen a dominant NBA player underwhelm as much as Frank despite age. Let's hope his J improves

RIP Crushalot😞
Juliano
Member: #7589

6/13/2018  2:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Well we can hope I guess but I've never seen a dominant NBA player underwhelm as much as Frank despite age.

Well, it doesn't say much when one seems to have the memory span of a goldfish now, does it?

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/13/2018  3:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
LegendD wrote:Only a person who does not have an IQ is consider to trade Frank, sorry but it is true. No one who thinks normally would not consider that possibility to trade the future monster Frank. It would be like trading away 19yo Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jason Kidd remix.

Wowza. Well we can hope I guess but I've never seen a dominant NBA player underwhelm as much as Frank despite age. Let's hope his J improves

Kobe Bryant's rookie season was underwhelming. He improved and became an all star in his second season. Not every player makes a Donovan Mitchell debut.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/13/2018  3:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

smackeddog
6/13/2018  3:44 AM

smackeddog
6/13/2018  3:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/13/2018  3:48 AM
Man, remember that nba draft bust Dirk Nowitzki?- he was so hyped coming into the league but then averaged just 8pts and shot 40%FG and 20%3Pt and we never heard from him again! Bottom line is players NEVER improve after their rookie season, ever, especially when they're very young. Thank goodness the Mavs traded him for a late first rounder the following year.
Frank and pick 36-- how high in the draft can we get?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy