[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LeBron to New York
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

6/6/2018  9:03 PM
Kenyon Martin just tweeted that he thinks Lebron will come to New York and play for the Knicks next season. As improbable as it sounds, he's buddies with Fiz and would take New York by storm. His brand would balloon tremendously.

But could he win here?

LBJ
KP
THJR
Oquinn
Frank

With Lee, Burke, Lance, Kornet, Noah, Baker plus our #1

off the bench. I'm assuming we'd want Kanter to go elsewhere to free up some cap space. That's a good team.

https://twitter.com/TikiAndTierney/status/1004450901627719686?s=20

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/6/2018  9:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/6/2018  10:10 PM
Well Kenyon has had a reputation for being a resounding jackass, which is exactly why he had problems finding a team after only his 2nd contract extension.

But to his point, we'd need $36 million in cap space to even accomodate LeBron (and the cap holds for vacant roster spots). There are hardly any teams in the league with cap space to even facilitate a salary dump and even if there were, it would come at the expense of the few intriguing young players we have on this roster. So what is LeBron coming to play with? Jarrett Jack and Michael Beasley on another veteran minimum contract?

This all goes back to my point last season about why signing THJr and Ron Baker were boneheaded decisions. Neither player would offer much on-court value to ignore the opportunity cost that comes with committing $21 million in cap space to them both. Especially on a rebuilding team without many assets to actually accomplish a rebuild, that money could've been used in so many ways to acquire additional picks and to leverage long-term flexibility. Now, we are solidly in no-man's land: too good to get the type of game-changing talent that are available to teams in the top 5 and too cap-locked to pull a 2010 Miami Heat.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/6/2018  9:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/6/2018  10:11 PM
reub wrote:Kenyon Martin just tweeted that he thinks Lebron will come to New York and play for the Knicks next season. As improbable as it sounds, he's buddies with Fiz and would take New York by storm. His brand would balloon tremendously.

But could he win here?

LBJ
KP
THJR
Oquinn
Frank

With Lee, Burke, Lance, Kornet, Noah, Baker plus our #1

off the bench. I'm assuming we'd want Kanter to go elsewhere to free up some cap space. That's a good team.

https://twitter.com/TikiAndTierney/status/1004450901627719686?s=20

And LeBron could win with anything. That Cavs roster without him might be Sacramento Kings bad.

Had we started this rebuild when we should've (2014) and landed expendable assets in the process, I could've seen us using them to acquire Kawhi Leonard and cap space to sign LeBron. With a healthy KP, that would've been a recipe to beat the Warriors. Instead, we tried to make the playoffs for the 2016-2017 season and will be paying for that error for the next 2 years.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/6/2018  9:29 PM
We would have a better chance of finding jimmy hoffa
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/6/2018  9:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:We would have a better chance of finding jimmy hoffa

So there's a chance?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/6/2018  10:30 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Well Kenyon has had a reputation for being a resounding jackass, which is exactly why he had problems finding a team after only his 2nd contract extension.

But to his point, we'd need $36 million in cap space to even accomodate LeBron (and the cap holds for vacant roster spots). There are hardly any teams in the league with cap space to even facilitate a salary dump and even if there were, it would come at the expense of the few intriguing young players we have on this roster. So what is LeBron coming to play with? Jarrett Jack and Michael Beasley on another veteran minimum contract?

This all goes back to my point last season about why signing THJr and Ron Baker were boneheaded decisions. Neither player would offer much on-court value to ignore the opportunity cost that comes with committing $21 million in cap space to them both. Especially on a rebuilding team without many assets to actually accomplish a rebuild, that money could've been used in so many ways to acquire additional picks and to leverage long-term flexibility. Now, we are solidly in no-man's land: too good to get the type of game-changing talent that are available to teams in the top 5 and too cap-locked to pull a 2010 Miami Heat.

Kenyon had problems getting his third contract because he had had micro fracture surgery on both knees during his second contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JesseDark
Member: #467
6/6/2018  11:51 PM
Since Fizz is buddies with Dwade maybe he is coming too. LOL
Bring back dee-fense
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/7/2018  6:30 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:We would have a better chance of finding jimmy hoffa

So there's a chance?

i guess
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
6/7/2018  9:23 AM
If LBJ is coming, we are going to trade Frank and the pick we have for an established player like the KLove deal.

It also means we need to get rid of Noah and Baker for cap space.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/7/2018  11:18 AM
It also means we would have to guarantee him KPs health which at this point, is a no go. He wants to contend for a championship next year with zero setbacks. He has no timE for waiting for teams to get healthy.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Gudris
Member: #6213

6/7/2018  11:32 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:It also means we would have to guarantee him KPs health which at this point, is a no go. He wants to contend for a championship next year with zero setbacks. He has no timE for waiting for teams to get healthy.

i am sure KP will be healthy by next playoffs starts:)

LeBron to New York

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy