[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Please Bring Phil Back to Make Our Draft Picks
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/23/2018  7:59 PM
Isn't Phil still under contract? Can he be asked for his input on our upcoming draft?
He chose KP while most people booed, wanting Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, and with his only other #1 pick he selected Frank, who is already one of the best defensive players in the league (at age 19).
Please come back for the draft Phil! And bring Clarence Gaines with you.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2018  8:04 PM
Gaines still works for the Knicks but it appears it is in a reduced capacity. Saw this regarding Gaines.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/23/2018  10:31 PM
this is another measuring stick for this FO. If they just play it safe and take a skilled 2 way prospect that is as close to BPA as they can get we are fine. Lets see what happens if they try to get cute or make moves or just play it straight.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/24/2018  12:11 AM
fishmike wrote:this is another measuring stick for this FO. If they just play it safe and take a skilled 2 way prospect that is as close to BPA as they can get we are fine. Lets see what happens if they try to get cute or make moves or just play it straight.

If they draft Trae Young I'll come down and visit NY after 17 years, I'll bring my baseball bat

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/24/2018  7:22 AM
if we're bringing anyone back, let's have it be isiah thomas. Every time I see Trevor playing still, I think back to Larry Brown!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/24/2018  7:23 AM
fishmike wrote:this is another measuring stick for this FO. If they just play it safe and take a skilled 2 way prospect that is as close to BPA as they can get we are fine. Lets see what happens if they try to get cute or make moves or just play it straight.

I have confidence in Perry- he seems like a smart guy that isn't going to overthink things. Hopefully he and Mills have a realistic view of our timeline and when we might actually be competitive which isn't this upcoming season.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/24/2018  7:34 AM
Are you worried Mills/Perry will preach defense and then take the worst defensive player they can?
Are you worried they will make a very short sighted signing this off-season with winning an extra game or two in mind instead of letting the team bottom out like they should. The goal should be the worst record in the NBA next year to assure a top 5 pick.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/24/2018  7:51 AM
reub wrote:Isn't Phil still under contract? Can he be asked for his input on our upcoming draft?
He chose KP while most people booed, wanting Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, and with his only other #1 pick he selected Frank, who is already one of the best defensive players in the league (at age 19).
Please come back for the draft Phil! And bring Clarence Gaines with you.

Amen.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/24/2018  10:05 AM
franco12 wrote:

I have confidence in Perry- he seems like a smart guy that isn't going to overthink things. Hopefully he and Mills have a realistic view of our timeline and when we might actually be competitive which isn't this upcoming season.

I have no confidence in Perry at all and definitely not Mills after going out and throwing that crazy huge contract at Timmy as soon as Phil was gone and Perry has never been a GM and made draft picks or done free agency so i'm nervous as hell hoping he gets it right.

reub

5/24/2018  11:00 AM
franco12 wrote:if we're bringing anyone back, let's have it be isiah thomas. Every time I see Trevor playing still, I think back to Larry Brown!

And every time I think about all of those draft picks we didn't have I think of Thomas.
reub

5/24/2018  11:02 AM
franco12 wrote:

What has Perry done to make you feel so confident? Kanter? McBuckets? Mudiay?? Ruining Willy and then giving him away?

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/24/2018  11:53 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I have no confidence in Perry at all and definitely not Mills after going out and throwing that crazy huge contract at Timmy as soon as Phil was gone and Perry has never been a GM and made draft picks or done free agency so i'm nervous as hell hoping he gets it right.

As a fan I am hoping he nails it!

As a rationale human being (or at least I like to think I am) I am in this exact boat -- just not feeling the FO; they say one thing (two way players defense etc) and do another (Kanter [who I like but...], McBuckets, Beas, Mudiay, Burke

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/24/2018  12:10 PM

They have claimed they won't take any shortcuts. That they will build this for the long haul. We will see if this holds true.

I believe the due diligence they put for the coaching search demonstrates that they wanted a guy they felt would coach and build the culture for the next decade. And they will look to build piece by piece.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/24/2018  12:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

If they draft Trae Young I'll come down and visit NY after 17 years, I'll bring my baseball bat

I'm confused...you spent so long hating on Melo...why would you want a PG version of Melo? Ir is that what the bat would be for?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2018  2:14 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Are you worried Mills/Perry will preach defense and then take the worst defensive player they can?
Are you worried they will make a very short sighted signing this off-season with winning an extra game or two in mind instead of letting the team bottom out like they should. The goal should be the worst record in the NBA next year to assure a top 5 pick.
no thanks. Like taking 3 steps back to take one step forward.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub

5/24/2018  4:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Are you worried Mills/Perry will preach defense and then take the worst defensive player they can?
no thanks. Like taking 3 steps back to take one step forward.

I think we're going to achieve that "feat" without even trying to get there. But that's ok because we'll be very good the next season.
CrushAlot
USA
5/24/2018  5:25 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
franco12 wrote:

As a fan I am hoping he nails it!

As a rationale human being (or at least I like to think I am) I am in this exact boat -- just not feeling the FO; they say one thing (two way players defense etc) and do another (Kanter [who I like but...], McBuckets, Beas, Mudiay, Burke

Kanter, Mc D., and the 36th pick for a guy with a ntc, 15 mil trade kicker, owed 57 mil for two years was a pretty good return in my opinion. Much better than the buyout or Ryan Anderson package. Were you really expecting young, two way impact players in that deal? I thought the front office did pretty well. Burke and Williams were free agent signings on minimal contracts. Williams does fit the two way description but probably maxes out as a rotation player. Beas was a bargain and teams do need scoring. I also thought the Jack signing was smart. I think with the money available and what they moved out, that they did pretty well.
meloshouldgo

5/24/2018  6:19 PM
Moonangie wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I'm confused...you spent so long hating on Melo...why would you want a PG version of Melo? Ir is that what the bat would be for?

The bat would be swung at the head of whoever decides to draft Trae Fukking Young. (Half joking - I am not violent, but there are limits to my tolerance)

CrushAlot
USA
5/24/2018  6:23 PM
meloshouldgo

5/24/2018  6:39 PM
I am not high or low on Mills and Perry. In fact what they do now will determine to large extent how I feel about them. But they seem to have made very questionable free agent signings given their "focus on defense". The two things don't line up - so if they are just talking up defense to then choose the likes if Trae Young I will be pissed. But if they do choose a two way player with solid defensive instincts I will applaud them. The jury is out.
Please Bring Phil Back to Make Our Draft Picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy