[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank back in NY
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/2/2018  3:38 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Love his work ethic but I’ve learned to just not get excited over stuff the players do over the Summer.... including Summer League. I have faith he’ll improve but this is just working out.
The biggest take away for me is that he appears physically bigger and more cut. Considering he is still a kid and the season is only been over for a month and a half, it looks like he has done some serious work in the gym to get his body better. I also like that he is dunking. Maybe this means he is becoming more confident and aggressive in his approach on offense.
Also, should the Knicks look to draft super young again and take a kid like Knox or Z. Smith? Nine seems high for both but if you had two franchise cornerstones that were 18 and 19 years old there is a lot of potential for a long, successful run.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

6/2/2018  3:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Love his work ethic but I’ve learned to just not get excited over stuff the players do over the Summer.... including Summer League. I have faith he’ll improve but this is just working out.
The biggest take away for me is that he appears physically bigger and more cut. Considering he is still a kid and the season is only been over for a month and a half, it looks like he has done some serious work in the gym to get his body better. I also like that he is dunking. Maybe this means he is becoming more confident and aggressive in his approach on offense.
Also, should the Knicks look to draft super young again and take a kid like Knox or Z. Smith? Nine seems high for both but if you had two franchise cornerstones that were 18 and 19 years old there is a lot of potential for a long, successful run.

I would’t be dissapointed if we took Knox. Doesn’t turn 19 until August. Didn’t realize he is so young

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/2/2018  4:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I saw a workout clip from last year and he was dunking their too. He was doing a lot of the same drills too, but the recent clips seems like he's working at more of game speed. Hopefully it improves his endurance.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/2/2018  4:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Can't lie...I like Smith based on what I've read and seen. I know he is not that popular around here at 9, and I would like to see how his workouts are going, but I really believe he is a freshman version of Donovan Mitchell.

He has the athleticism that some like, but from everything I've read he seems to have a good BB IQ and is a team first guy, who puts in a lot of effort on the offensive boards & D, moves well without the ball, and did not play his one college season as if he had to show, in one year, that the NBA should take him.

Having him and Frank in the backcourt would be a defensive nightmare for opposing teams, and if KP is to be out for a year, we would have a chance to see them grow together without as much concern about winning.

I'm still on board with Mikal...have seen some video where he does a lot more than shoot 3s, but I would not be upset with Smith at all, especially if he impresses folks in workouts.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/2/2018  5:35 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can't lie...I like Smith based on what I've read and seen. I know he is not that popular around here at 9, and I would like to see how his workouts are going, but I really believe he is a freshman version of Donovan Mitchell.

He has the athleticism that some like, but from everything I've read he seems to have a good BB IQ and is a team first guy, who puts in a lot of effort on the offensive boards & D, moves well without the ball, and did not play his one college season as if he had to show, in one year, that the NBA should take him.

Having him and Frank in the backcourt would be a defensive nightmare for opposing teams, and if KP is to be out for a year, we would have a chance to see them grow together without as much concern about winning.

I'm still on board with Mikal...have seen some video where he does a lot more than shoot 3s, but I would not be upset with Smith at all, especially if he impresses folks in workouts.

They talk a lot about Smith on this podcast. One interesting comparison was D. Wade. I haven't followed Smith much be they mentioned that he is a very good shot blocker.
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/6/2/17420682/locked-on-knicks-episode-308-trade-back-scenarios-part-2
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/2/2018  6:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They talk a lot about Smith on this podcast. One interesting comparison was D. Wade. I haven't followed Smith much be they mentioned that he is a very good shot blocker.
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/6/2/17420682/locked-on-knicks-episode-308-trade-back-scenarios-part-2

Main reason Smith isn't getting more press here is he a SG. But if he grades high enough where they see a future superstar then so be it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
WaltLongmire

6/2/2018  6:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Over a block/game...some of the highlights I've seen are impressive. He is pretty tenacious as a help defender.

Good podcast...one of them is also thinking about Smith at 9...

Pretty good analysis of both players. Was interested to hear that the one guy thought Smith would be OK at the 3.

I would tend to go with Smith over Knox...but I still see us going for Mikal in the end.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG

6/2/2018  8:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Main reason Smith isn't getting more press here is he a SG. But if he grades high enough where they see a future superstar then so be it.

Is he a shooting guard? He has less ball skills than miles bridges at this point. Lonnie Walker is Almost as good an athlete, but has at least one defined position on the NBA level. It's hard to track what Smith will become. I think that's fans are a lil iffy on him. Guys have had similar paths before and had success. Guys like Stackhouse, Jason Richardson, Quentin Richardson come to mind.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/3/2018  3:55 PM
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/3/2018  6:49 PM
GREENWICH, Conn. – Frank Ntilikina was drafted five spots ahead of Donovan Mitchell, but almost a year later it’s the Knicks point guard who is looking up to a local-bred rising superstar.
“Oh it was unbelievable,” Ntilikina told the Daily News about Mitchell’s remarkable rookie season with the Jazz. “Seeing a good friend play the way he was playing, seeing him carry his team like that, it was great feeling for me and all of his friends. He motivates me to do great things.”

Asked whether he envisions himself playing to Mitchell’s level of last season — which included an impressive run to the Western Conference semifinals — Ntilikina added, “Yes. …Even further.”

After spending much of the offseason in France, Ntilikina returned to New York and has been working with new coach David Fizdale at the practice facility. He said Sunday that the focus has been on “offensive skills.”

“Things that help me get comfortable on the court, offensively,” Ntilikina added. “I think defensively I’ve done a great job last year and I have to keep doing it. The main part next year is going to be offensively.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-ntilikina-mitchell-20180603-story.html
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/4/2018  10:08 AM
nixluva wrote:
GREENWICH, Conn. – Frank Ntilikina was drafted five spots ahead of Donovan Mitchell, but almost a year later it’s the Knicks point guard who is looking up to a local-bred rising superstar.
“Oh it was unbelievable,” Ntilikina told the Daily News about Mitchell’s remarkable rookie season with the Jazz. “Seeing a good friend play the way he was playing, seeing him carry his team like that, it was great feeling for me and all of his friends. He motivates me to do great things.”

Asked whether he envisions himself playing to Mitchell’s level of last season — which included an impressive run to the Western Conference semifinals — Ntilikina added, “Yes. …Even further.”

After spending much of the offseason in France, Ntilikina returned to New York and has been working with new coach David Fizdale at the practice facility. He said Sunday that the focus has been on “offensive skills.”

“Things that help me get comfortable on the court, offensively,” Ntilikina added. “I think defensively I’ve done a great job last year and I have to keep doing it. The main part next year is going to be offensively.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-ntilikina-mitchell-20180603-story.html
I want the Knicks to be good. They are my team. I dont pretend things are something they arent. So when you hear about improving culture etc its mostly ra-ra BS until you see otherwise. I will say this... I cant think of a more positive thing (culture wise) than having Frank working out with Fizdale at the Knicks facility during the first week of June.

Frank is one of my fav young players in the league and I cant wait to see him take his next step. I have high expectations for this summer league

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/4/2018  10:40 AM
It will be interesting to see if he can become more aggressive offensively. I'm just not sure 15 to 20 shots is in his DNA. I just look at him as more of a Glue guy, some players are who they are.

Beasly has been working on his defense for 9 seasons, Kanter for 5, melo for 12. I really look at frank as a bruce bowen type of impact player.

ES
BigDaddyG

6/4/2018  11:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It will be interesting to see if he can become more aggressive offensively. I'm just not sure 15 to 20 shots is in his DNA. I just look at him as more of a Glue guy, some players are who they are.

Beasly has been working on his defense for 9 seasons, Kanter for 5, melo for 12. I really look at frank as a bruce bowen type of impact player.

I think you can expect more out of Frank than Bruce Bowen. I think at the least, you can expect him to have a Shane Battier/Nicolas Batum type floor based on his playmaking abilities alone. Plus, you have to look at a guy's IQ. Beas still spaces out on offense and defense. It's not athletic ability. It's lack of focus.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/4/2018  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2018  11:27 AM
man... I don't understand why people are so high on Frank............ I think he'll develop and be better but just to compare him to everybody's favorite Ron Baker:

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 Ron Baker 2017 52 857 7.5 .456 .396 .198 1.5 10.8 6.2 17.3 2.0 0.8 19.2 14.8 -0.6 0.5 -0.1 -0.008 -3.5 -0.9 -4.4 -0.5
2 Frank 2018 2018 78 1706 7.0 .437 .314 .136 2.4 9.1 5.8 20.0 1.9 0.9 19.8 16.9 -2.0 1.1 -0.9 -0.026 -3.5 -0.5 -3.9 -0.8
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG

6/4/2018  11:33 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:man... I don't understand why people are so high on Frank............ I think he'll develop and be better but just to compare him to everybody's favorite Ron Baker:

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 Ron Baker 2017 52 857 7.5 .456 .396 .198 1.5 10.8 6.2 17.3 2.0 0.8 19.2 14.8 -0.6 0.5 -0.1 -0.008 -3.5 -0.9 -4.4 -0.5
2 Frank 2018 2018 78 1706 7.0 .437 .314 .136 2.4 9.1 5.8 20.0 1.9 0.9 19.8 16.9 -2.0 1.1 -0.9 -0.026 -3.5 -0.5 -3.9 -0.8

Ron was 23 and Frank is 19. I'm still not over Ron BTW. I think he can become a solid reserve.
fishmike
USA
6/4/2018  11:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It will be interesting to see if he can become more aggressive offensively. I'm just not sure 15 to 20 shots is in his DNA. I just look at him as more of a Glue guy, some players are who they are.

you know very little about Frank and what kind of offensive player he is. When Frank played with peers he was a prolific scorer. That only changed when he was 18 and started playing the pro (non-youth) league. Two years ago he was role player for his pro team. He was after all 18 playing with grown men. Last year with the Knicks was similar. Played a role, still not playing with peers. As Frank goes and gets stronger you will see him play closer to how he did against like competition and scoring was most certainly in his DNA

As time passes and Frank matures you will see why he drafted where he was. knicks1248 you like to use Frank's youth as some excuse for subpar NBA play. Truth is you have demonstrated zero knowledge regarding player development, except to constantly say you cant develop players in a losing environment, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Frank was MVP of the FIBA Eurocup. He was the best player vs. his peers and most certainly a top flight scorer. That is his upside. Not Bruce Bowen because after a rookie season in the NBA you have him figured out and what is in his DNA.
fishmike
USA
6/4/2018  11:38 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:man... I don't understand why people are so high on Frank............ I think he'll develop and be better but just to compare him to everybody's favorite Ron Baker
How much better? That is really the question.
WaltLongmire

6/4/2018  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2018  12:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:man... I don't understand why people are so high on Frank............ I think he'll develop and be better but just to compare him to everybody's favorite Ron Baker:

Ron was 23 and Frank is 19. I'm still not over Ron BTW. I think he can become a solid reserve.
Yeah...one would think that the age difference would have been brought up in an objective post...And he is still a few years from physical maturity, and as we now know, he is still growing.
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/4/2018  12:44 PM
fishmike wrote:

you know very little about Frank and what kind of offensive player he is. When Frank played with peers he was a prolific scorer. That only changed when he was 18 and started playing the pro (non-youth) league. Two years ago he was role player for his pro team. He was after all 18 playing with grown men. Last year with the Knicks was similar. Played a role, still not playing with peers. As Frank goes and gets stronger you will see him play closer to how he did against like competition and scoring was most certainly in his DNA

As time passes and Frank matures you will see why he drafted where he was. knicks1248 you like to use Frank's youth as some excuse for subpar NBA play. Truth is you have demonstrated zero knowledge regarding player development, except to constantly say you cant develop players in a losing environment, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Frank was MVP of the FIBA Eurocup. He was the best player vs. his peers and most certainly a top flight scorer. That is his upside. Not Bruce Bowen because after a rookie season in the NBA you have him figured out and what is in his DNA.

I never claim to know anything, which is why i distinctively stated "I"M NOT SURE" which in others words means " I could be wrong". You and NIX are super high on this kid and thats cool, i'm not knocking you for that.

If he turns out to be special and turns out to be a good fit, why would i be upset about that.

They key to any players developing is building a system to fit that players skill set, and not the other way around. To me that's whats killing KP and franks development

Thats why MDA, failed, and that why phil and JH failed. MDA has since learned his lesson and did not take the 7 seconds or less philosophy to Houston.

That what makes POP and Riley so great, they develop and alter their system to fit the players skills.

POP came out last season and admitted (accountability) to trying to turn Aldridge into something he's not, and he had a awful season, this yr was the opposite

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/4/2018  1:45 PM
Not entirely true.........
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/three-pointers-attempted-per-game
Frank back in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy